Champions League Group Stages draw! Thursday 25th of August! Spurs in Pot 2

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have heard from a reliable source (I made it up whilst watching love island usa) that Mr. Toure was sat on 4 balls like a hen keeping them warm ready for the draw. The pictures are all over MySpace and Vine

OMG, I could have walked to Turkey in the time they're taking to announce the dates.

Okay, slight exaggeration, but why the delay??? TV companies setting the agenda again, ridiculous!

Why is there a delay with the games being announced?
It's because normally the draw is on the same day as the Europa and Conference Leagues. Because of the different schedule this season, it was done before those tournaments had their playoffs last night. They need to know the composition of all the groupsbefore they do the fixtures, so that they don't end up with e.g. Celtic going to Man City on a Wednesday, then Rangers if they'd dropped into the EL going to Man United on the Thursday and causing mayhem, or a Germany club going to West Ham in the Conference League while Frankfurt are in London to play us, etc.

It's because normally the draw is on the same day as the Europa and Conference Leagues. Because of the different schedule this season, it was done before those tournaments had their playoffs last night. They need to know the composition of all the groupsbefore they do the fixtures, so that they don't end up with e.g. Celtic going to Man City on a Wednesday, then Rangers if they'd dropped into the EL going to Man United on the Thursday and causing mayhem, or a Germany club going to West Ham in the Conference League while Frankfurt are in London to play us, etc.
That makes perfect sense, thanks. 👍🏻

Conte wants to win the prem. I'm gonna enjoy CL but don't expect us to go beyond last 16.
I don't know if Conte believes that with the current team he has a chance at the PL title, unless midway through the season the contenders are really struggling. The CL being a cup competition might be an "easier" task. So I wouldn't be surprised if the focus is more on a deep CL run and doing enough to get top-4. Especially if we get a kind round of 16 draw and make it into the final 8.

Back
Top Bottom