Champions League Group Stages draw! Thursday 25th of August! Spurs in Pot 2

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's because normally the draw is on the same day as the Europa and Conference Leagues. Because of the different schedule this season, it was done before those tournaments had their playoffs last night. They need to know the composition of all the groupsbefore they do the fixtures, so that they don't end up with e.g. Celtic going to Man City on a Wednesday, then Rangers if they'd dropped into the EL going to Man United on the Thursday and causing mayhem, or a Germany club going to West Ham in the Conference League while Frankfurt are in London to play us, etc.
That has always been the case. UCL Group draws have always been held on Thursdays, because they also give the awards to the best players etc. That's not the reason for the delay.

I wanted some glam ties in the group but I guess that draw will do, the annoying thing now is that we're not underdogs and everyone will be expecting us to top the group and with Conte's CL record I dunno it could be tricky.

I wanted some glam ties in the group but I guess that draw will do, the annoying thing now is that we're not underdogs and everyone will be expecting us to top the group and with Conte's CL record I dunno it could be tricky.

Who's left? It's only PSG that we've not faced in the CL...... They'll all be waiting for us in the knock-outs.

Thanks to the WC; this season is gonna be fixture hell anyway.

Let's just get there.

Last edited:
Who's left? It's only PSG that we've not faced in the CL...... They'll all be waiting for us the knock-outs.

Thanks to the WC; this season is gonna be fixture hell anyway.

Let's just get there.

Doesn't matter who's left, I wanted anyone you'd consider CL royalty...PSG, Real, Barca, Milan, Bayern etc...

Doesn't matter who's left, I wanted anyone you'd consider CL royalty...PSG, Real, Barca, Milan, Bayern etc...

Why?

(See point about WC/fixture mayhem)

We had a really tough run to the final.... No more kudos involved... All people remember is the loss.

Why?

(See point about WC/fixture mayhem)

We had a really tough run to the final.... No more kudos involved... All people remember is the loss.
Yeah hopefully we can get good results in the first few games then Conte can start tinkering with the team.
The brake over the winter is going to be shit.

Well you wanted to get involved :D

One day you'll probably learn that not every thing needs to end in a pedantic argument, chill out it's not that deep :thumbup:

:roflmao:

irony.jpg

Back
Top Bottom