Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went tonight. Was fun until the match started. Atmosphere was ok but we’ve had much better. Think it being a first leg subdued it somewhat. Really piss poor first half. Two embarrassing and avoidable goals. But what got me really angry inside was the lack of any kind of spirit, aggression, desire… it was so passive. Emerson is way off PL quality. Sharpness going forward was bollocks. All around a total waste of a few hours on a lovely crisp Winter’s evening that should have been perfect for a competitive cup tie.
And you get to do it all again next week!!
Internet Reaction GIF by The Runner go90

"escalating number of suspected positive COVID-19 cases"

Announce the threshold and the ACTUAL amount of positive cases then.... The credibility of the season is gradually being eroded here.

".......and player availability."

i.e. A few injured lads to unjustifiably puff their case up a bit.
Klopp was all for "playing games as normal" when they had no injuries or covid cases but other clubs were ravaged.

Teams are definitely using this to get players back from injury....... They keep saying 'Covid and others unavailable'

Lloris
Sanchez Rodon Davies
Emerson ------------- Reguilon
Winks
Gio --- Dele
Kane ------- Son
If true Dier is out then I'd go with this.
If we go with 3 in the middle we need a creative type and a runner so that leaves Gio or Ndombele and then Dele. Otherwise Kane and Son are just isolated.

Pray we don't see the Skipp, Winks and PEH trio otherwise we're in for a long, boring night.

Why on earth would you not play Skipp? He's our best MF.

We can rest him in the FAC on Sat.

Last edited:
So So bad

Tanganga - had an absolute mare cost us two goals nearly a third
Doherty - played LWB has NO left foot - awful only ever looks to pass backwards
Hojbjerg - poor, slow, laboured, cumbersome. his worst game in a long time
Emerson - absolute attack killer, slow thinker

So gutted

Went tonight. Was fun until the match started. Atmosphere was ok but we’ve had much better. Think it being a first leg subdued it somewhat. Really piss poor first half. Two embarrassing and avoidable goals. But what got me really angry inside was the lack of any kind of spirit, aggression, desire… it was so passive. Emerson is way off PL quality. Sharpness going forward was bollocks. All around a total waste of a few hours on a lovely crisp Winter’s evening that should have been perfect for a competitive cup tie.

You lot were the best part. Loud and proud once again!

YIDS! 👊👊👊

Last night Chelsea basically frightened us into beating ourselves. One of the easiest matches they’ll ever play. It‘s easy to beat a team that is afraid of you.

We have an inferiority complex that Poch managed to keep at bay for a couple of years but is now back at full strength. I watched Brighton outplay Chelsea at the Bridge the other day, they were not afraid. They respected them of course but they were not afraid to play.

We were shitting ourselves from the first minute which is sad to watch and probably what disappoints Conte the most. All the tactical preparation in the world can’t save you if the players are too terrified to kick the ball properly. I trust Conte to sort it out but as he says, we need time.

To quote Dune, “fear is the mind-killer”, summed up by the second goal. There were no blue shirts in the six yard box, just a sea of white shirts and the goalkeeper but Japh was too panicked to realise there was no danger at all.

Son does not look like he needs a break from football.
He helped us get the only goal in our last 2 games.
It is essential he starts.
With Morecambe as our next game and 3 full days rest after yesterday IMO coach Conte will field at least 10 of those who started v Watford, probs the same XI.

unfortunetly our record is so bad against i am only really hoping we can get a result on wednesday i think we will have a lot to overcome and playing them away is a lot more difficult for us than them playing us away they will have no hangups and fully expect to win .Really need the lads to turn up and play well then it could happen .
I think I you need a new keyboard with caps and punctuation buttons mate.

Back
Top Bottom