Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another big game, another one where we don’t turn up.

No desire, fight, intensity or urgency. Just more of the same slowness, naiveness, going through the motions bullshit performance we have seen countless times.

No leaders, nobody standing up to be counted when it counts. There is a real loser streak running through the club which needs removing.

PS. If we don’t face an FA charge for homophobic chanting I will be very surprised.

No
Kante
Kovacic (from the start)
Thiago Silva
Chilwell
James
Mendy
Christenssen

Those are all their first XI players that they didn't have in the starting XI.

Do people honestly think we have a chance when we are probably playing a stronger team next leg?
And we was basically full strength.

"one transfer window won't be enough, we need much more patience and time"

Not really surprising, we all knew this would be the case. The recent run of games without a loss put some blinders on, but I think we all knew deep down the team just isn't good enough.

No
Kante
Kovacic (from the start)
Thiago Silva
Chilwell
James
Mendy
Christenssen

Those are all their first XI players that they didn't have in the starting XI.

Do people honestly think we have a chance when we are probably playing a stronger team next leg?
We have a lot of stupid fans

So yes

No desire, fight, intensity or urgency. Just more of the same slowness, naiveness, going through the motions bullshit performance we have seen countless times.

No leaders, nobody standing up to be counted when it counts. There is a real loser streak running through the club which needs removing.

PS. If we don’t face an FA charge for homophobic chanting I will be very surprised.
I thought conte was supposed the one to instill all those basic traits even if he can’t improve them technically.
Can conte make team better than the sum of its parts?

Not really surprising, we all knew this would be the case. The recent run of games without a loss put some blinders on, but I think we all knew deep down the team just isn't good enough.
I wasnt fooled by beating the cannon fodder, we were largely doing that under Mourinho and Nuno. I got my hopes up with the Liverpool performance but really looks like a blip now and obviously they have gone off the boil as well so perhaps wasnt as good as it appeared at the time.

Literally why is that?
We've had better teams/players in the past who have done exactly the same there.... What IS it with us and them? It's gone beyond just a 'jinx' or a 'hoodoo' ...it's been going on for decades!!!!

P.S: why? What was sung/chanted??

Apart from Dier, Romero and Reggi but yeah the gulf in class and depth is incredible.
I was leaning towards more the fact we had our full attacking line up out and didn't manage a shot from open play. I think we'd of still conceded chances because Chelsea are a very good side. But to once again be so powder puff up top in a big Derby in a semi final is beyond frustrating now.

Went tonight. Was fun until the match started. Atmosphere was ok but we’ve had much better. Think it being a first leg subdued it somewhat. Really piss poor first half. Two embarrassing and avoidable goals. But what got me really angry inside was the lack of any kind of spirit, aggression, desire… it was so passive. Emerson is way off PL quality. Sharpness going forward was bollocks. All around a total waste of a few hours on a lovely crisp Winter’s evening that should have been perfect for a competitive cup tie.

It's only half time!

Tichina Arnold Hope GIF by Martin

Back
Top Bottom