Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went tonight. Was fun until the match started. Atmosphere was ok but we’ve had much better. Think it being a first leg subdued it somewhat. Really piss poor first half. Two embarrassing and avoidable goals. But what got me really angry inside was the lack of any kind of spirit, aggression, desire… it was so passive. Emerson is way off PL quality. Sharpness going forward was bollocks. All around a total waste of a few hours on a lovely crisp Winter’s evening that should have been perfect for a competitive cup tie.
And you get to do it all again next week!!
Internet Reaction GIF by The Runner go90

I wasnt fooled by beating the cannon fodder, we were largely doing that under Mourinho and Nuno. I got my hopes up with the Liverpool performance but really looks like a blip now and obviously they have gone off the boil as well so perhaps wasnt as good as it appeared at the time.

Looking at it in hindsight, Liverpool were missing their best centre half (VVD) and their best central midfielders (Fabinho and Henderson). They still had their amazing forwards and full-backs and even with Salah on an off-day, they scored twice and created lots of good chances. But because of those players they had missing, they gave up a lot of chances to us as well. It's not like Dele, Winks and Ndombele suddenly turned into an amazing midfield 3. We have seen these players as shit players the past couple of years, that didn't suddenly change.

As you say, a blip. But if we give Conte proper players, he will deliver. Now it's up to Levy...

Literally why is that?
We've had better teams/players in the past who have done exactly the same there.... What IS it with us and them? It's gone beyond just a 'jinx' or a 'hoodoo' ...it's been going on for decades!!!!

P.S: why? What was sung/chanted??
Its the mentality of the club, just enough seems good enough for Spurs sadly. Levy management doesn’t help matters either.

3 or 4 different Chelsea <removed> related songs.

No Kante, Silva and Havertz went off second half. A weakened Chelsea team.

Didn’t lay a glove on them but the truth is the away performances since Conte took over have been poor. The team are a different proposition playing at home. Couldn’t beat Southampton with 10 men and managed to beat Watford in the 96th minute. A 0-0 at Everton. Maybe the consistency is there!!!
Everton and soton games were big missed opportunities. Everton were in crap form and missing key players. Yet we barely laid a glove on them and actually let them attack us. Soton game sane and most of that was v 10.
The tactics are just so placid and passive basically waiting for them to make a mistake or something.

Went tonight. Was fun until the match started. Atmosphere was ok but we’ve had much better. Think it being a first leg subdued it somewhat. Really piss poor first half. Two embarrassing and avoidable goals. But what got me really angry inside was the lack of any kind of spirit, aggression, desire… it was so passive. Emerson is way off PL quality. Sharpness going forward was bollocks. All around a total waste of a few hours on a lovely crisp Winter’s evening that should have been perfect for a competitive cup tie.

You lot were the best part. Loud and proud once again!

YIDS! 👊👊👊

Back
Top Bottom