Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't even talk myself into this anymore. We've had so many shit performances over the last ten years, where we've said "well they've got to spend now". Never fucking happens.
and if we do spend we'll spend foolishly

The Tottenham way

Incredible we're only two goals down.

However, I remember us folding to Ajax and then having a half hour of magic so I'm not giving up just yet. But what a tragic performance so far.

So So bad

Tanganga - had an absolute mare cost us two goals nearly a third
Doherty - played LWB has NO left foot - awful only ever looks to pass backwards
Hojbjerg - poor, slow, laboured, cumbersome. his worst game in a long time
Emerson - absolute attack killer, slow thinker

So gutted

Your last point is painfully obvious. Royal takes so long to make a decision / move / pass. A few times he received the ball in space but simply took too long to develop his play. By the time he decided to cross the ball his defender had caught up and blocked it.

We got beat 0.2 by the CL winners who are also the second best team in the league.

We're rebuilding 4 years too late and have bought poorly.

We should celebrate losing 2-0. Chelsea are a team that recruits the lots of Lukaku, Saul, Thiago Silva, Ziyek, and Haverts. We bring in Doherty, Roden, Emerson, etc in comparison. If my Sunday league team lost to Crewe Alexandra 2:0 we are having a team orgy. No fair bashing the mediocre players for performing what’s expected of them.
Expecting otherwise is supporting Levy’s grand scheme.

Incredible we're only two goals down.

However, I remember us folding to Ajax and then having a half hour of magic so I'm not giving up just yet. But what a tragic performance so far.
The difference was that Ajax were playing liquid, champagne football. I wasn't even mad down 3-0, it was fair play to them.

Chelsea weren't even good today, they just came up against a team that appears to have been mixing ketamine into their lucozade.

We should celebrate losing 2-0. Chelsea are a team that recruits the lots of Lukaku, Saul, Thiago Silva, Ziyek, and Haverts. We bring in Doherty, Roden, Emerson, etc in comparison. If my Sunday league team lost to Crewe Alexandra 2:0 we are having a team orgy. No fair bashing the mediocre players for performing what’s expected of them.
Expecting otherwise is supporting Levy’s grand scheme.
Last one in the shower is a rotten egg!!!

I have tried to stand up for him. But royal is actually harming the team with his slow backward play.

I’d rather have Doherty there. To be honest I’d rather have a wheelie bin play there instead.

Starting to wonder if its just better for us to go out of the domestic cups at the first hurdle every year rather than this endless stream of Semi-Final and Final no shows.

Our squad can't fucking cope so there is some logic to just doing a Burnley and sacking the cups off rather than pretending we are a big club while we spend fuck all and drift further behind.

Back
Top Bottom