Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte threw this game with the tactics and players selected, message to Levy to open his wallet.
I can't even talk myself into this anymore. We've had so many shit performances over the last ten years, where we've said "well they've got to spend now". Never fucking happens.

PEH now it's like a slow half witted Sissoko. Standing around waiting for the ball instead of meeting it. Always choosing the simplest passing alternative. Never really making himself playable and always seems to be behind or not where he should be. Needs a long rest.

FFS. Calm down, it's only halftime! It's a cup game.
We fucking handed them two goals on a plate.
We need a full, noisy house next week.
Get right in their faces from the off. An early goal us for could change everything.
ah yes, the perfect "It's the hope that kills you" result tonight....
...and I see we took the scrapping of the away goals rule a little too literally!

2-0 IS surmountable... we've had it done to US enough times....and we've done it ourselves... so it CAN be done.... except it's THIS SPURS TEAM that have to do the doing!

SPIRIT OF AMSTERDAM '19 needed next week lads... w'all be there!

PEH now it's like a slow half witted Sissoko. Standing around waiting for the ball instead of meeting it. Always choosing the simplest passing alternative. Never really making himself playable and always seems to be behind or not where he should be. Needs a long rest.
I've come to the realisation the guy is seriously limited, Skipp is already a better all round player, which is why it baffles me that Skipp has been the one substituted last couple of games while PEH is woeful.

He must have given the ball away 20 times tonight and somehow stayed on the pitch

While the second half was marginally better than the first, it was a very low bar to cross.
We started of too timid, looking low on confidence, and what little confidence some players had vanished entirely after we conceded the first one.

Overall a really poor performance from the bulk of the players, with some looking horrendous.

I don't think anyone on here genuinely thought this was a side that didn't need any improvement. Reading the January transfer thread there were plenty of people saying we could get by with our backline, but would need a creative mid, and RWB. Even after today's display I still think this holds true. There is no way we fix all these issue in one window, let alone the January one.

It's not though. In our last two league games it's been clear. Wasn't just poor crossing. Compare recent games to the Liverpool one. Ndombele, winks started together. It was much better going forward and being solid defensively.
Winks has looked a lot better in the middle. no doubt

I've finally found a positive. If we do somehow by divine intervention or similar miracle, go through in the second leg it will be the pisstake to end all pisstakes.

Out shot 19 to 5. Could be the worst performance whole season.
Not even very good defensive and conte is meant to be an expert. Why don’t we just got for it rather than try to be too clever and sit back. They were attacking at will even with all our defenders. What is the point? To make it worse when we have the ball we get no where as they close down the spaces and actually defend better.

Back
Top Bottom