Chelsea (H) 4/2/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is fucking humiliating
"For the first half of this weirdly gripping Premier League game it seemed Chelsea’s players were being set an unexpected philosophical conundrum."

Sums it up really.

The first half was beyond bad, I've not seen anything like that, it was men against boys. They danced around us with zip and creativity, employing progressive pass and movement. We stood around like zombies, encamped in our own half, desperately hanging on (at home), hoofing the ball upfield whenever we got a sniff of it. It was beyond embarrassing, relegation fodder. You could see them hunt us down high up the pitch with Dier and Davies in particular put under extreme stress, everyone panicked.

And then Jose seemed to completely flip the tactics at the start of the 2nd half and for the first 10 mins we did what we should have been doing from the start, but the team is so disjointed and we struggled to break their press again. We need 'footballers' in this team now with a combination of good technique and brains, and a manager with a progressive plan to play attacking football.

I’m perfectly happy to re asses my opinions though.
See......no agenda.

I supported Jose and felt he deserves his tenure. In some ways I still do think he deserves his tenure.

He deserves his players to perform, just like we deserve it.

However, his refusal to change is costing us and the last few games have shown a huge ineptitude in getting these overpaid twats to pass a football between them.

Its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, but short of sacking the whole team, you sack the manager.
Just like Poch, he is the one that will have to go. It’s as simple as that.

I have no issues changing my mind. Again it simply proves there’s no agenda.
So I guess you have had time to figure out an answer since you were stumped and left with only a flippant one. And who said anything about agenda or changing your mind?

Short-sighted, uncritical, and not learning from mistakes. Jose deserves nothing. 15M was for immediated results and he has nothing to show for it. He is a dinosaur as I told you, grocer, and the rest back then only to be hit with "he's a winner". Sure, but that's like hanging on goal stats instead of actually evaluating a player and understanding the context of how those goals are scored. When I brought up concern about our play in the Europa quals you said "only worried about qualifying". but to me they told a bigger story of Jose having no fucking clue. Chequebook manager.

The players have shown they are not good enough to the point that even random football watchers can tell their deficiencies but you are worried about sacking the whole shit team. And since we didn't do it last time we have kicked the fucking can down the road another year...another year wasted as everyone can pretty much tell based on history Jose will not fulfill his contract. So surely you don't recruit more slow giants for him

As I said before and after Poch's sacking this is how you let long term mediocrity set in, always going for the short fix for quick results. DL couldn't see passed top 4 and we missed last season and will miss this season. 2 in a row for the winner. And now we got new contract for fucking Dier and Toby and probably Davies soon and anyone else DL thinks their 'value' needs to be protected.

The team was passed a reload and needed a revamp/rebuild. We didn't get it and now look what we have. It needs to be blown up and rebuilt as a loser's mentality has set in. Summer 2018 killed us as well as penny pinching on champo punts.

We need to utilize a couple million to properly develop a scouting network because as I have always said there is a player that moves every window that is better than what we have at most of our positions and would have cost less than the player we have.

And you don't have to change your mind or opinion as often when you are right from the start. Trust me. And I'm right on this but I'm hoping I don't have to say "i told you so" 4 years from now when folks are still in the Dele thread talking about Crystal Palace or worrying about Harry leaving. Would have sold both before now and would definitely handle that this summer. Blow it up.

So I guess you have had time to figure out an answer since you were stumped and left with only a flippant one. And who said anything about agenda or changing your mind?

Short-sighted, uncritical, and not learning from mistakes. Jose deserves nothing. 15M was for immediated results and he has nothing to show for it. He is a dinosaur as I told you, grocer, and the rest back then only to be hit with "he's a winner". Sure, but that's like hanging on goal stats instead of actually evaluating a player and understanding the context of how those goals are scored. When I brought up concern about our play in the Europa quals you said "only worried about qualifying". but to me they told a bigger story of Jose having no fucking clue. Chequebook manager.

The players have shown they are not good enough to the point that even random football watchers can tell their deficiencies but you are worried about sacking the whole shit team. And since we didn't do it last time we have kicked the fucking can down the road another year...another year wasted as everyone can pretty much tell based on history Jose will not fulfill his contract. So surely you don't recruit more slow giants for him

As I said before and after Poch's sacking this is how you let long term mediocrity set in, always going for the short fix for quick results. DL couldn't see passed top 4 and we missed last season and will miss this season. 2 in a row for the winner. And now we got new contract for fucking Dier and Toby and probably Davies soon and anyone else DL thinks their 'value' needs to be protected.

The team was passed a reload and needed a revamp/rebuild. We didn't get it and now look what we have. It needs to be blown up and rebuilt as a loser's mentality has set in. Summer 2018 killed us as well as penny pinching on champo punts.

We need to utilize a couple million to properly develop a scouting network because as I have always said there is a player that moves every window that is better than what we have at most of our positions and would have cost less than the player we have.

And you don't have to change your mind or opinion as often when you are right from the start. Trust me. And I'm right on this but I'm hoping I don't have to say "i told you so" 4 years from now when folks are still in the Dele thread talking about Crystal Palace or worrying about Harry leaving. Would have sold both before now and would definitely handle that this summer. Blow it up.
No probs getting it wrong, I’m still here.
I don’t run away when things don’t go the way I thought they would, like half the forum did when we were top

No probs getting it wrong, I’m still here.
I don’t run away when things don’t go the way I thought they would, like half the forum did when we were top
Credit to you for that.

but even when we were top we still were a 1 trick pony that was easily sussed out. There was criticism to be made but considering the circumstances it would have been churlish to make it instead of just celebrating being top. And now we are back to performing like the Everton game. It's horrible Sammy. It's fucking painful. That's why I wanted us to bite the bullet and accept no top 4 last season and let Poch rebuild (I know all the issues etc but I'm talking a plan being made after the CL).

knowing DL's ways I just don't see how we get out of this and on to better things in the short term ie a new project. It can't be anything other than that unless DL is looking to reach deeper into his pockets. We have so few pieces of value for a covid-reluctant transfer market. It's a mess.

Transfers-net-spend-2020.png

Christ, I'm still fuming about that display. Quite possibly the worst 45 mins I've ever seen in terms of complete non-football. 2nd half was barely much better. And it's not a one-off.

Whole thing stems from the manager and his dour approach. Players look utterly fed up with this defensive low block and the focus on it has rendered our attacking play toothless and clueless.

I want him gone as he's simply not going to change. A bit of 'pragmatic' football is one thing, this unwatchable anti-football is quite another.

The first half was beyond bad, I've not seen anything like that, it was men against boys. They danced around us with zip and creativity, employing progressive pass and movement. We stood around like zombies, encamped in our own half, desperately hanging on (at home), hoofing the ball upfield whenever we got a sniff of it. It was beyond embarrassing, relegation fodder. You could see them hunt us down high up the pitch with Dier and Davies in particular put under extreme stress, everyone panicked.

And then Jose seemed to completely flip the tactics at the start of the 2nd half and for the first 10 mins we did what we should have been doing from the start, but the team is so disjointed and we struggled to break their press again. We need 'footballers' in this team now with a combination of good technique and brains, and a manager with a progressive plan to play attacking football.
Ummm let me remind you of...

1st half against Brighton last weekend
2nd half against Liverpool last week

Both were equally abject halves

What got me was that in the first half we looked like the away team who played with fear. If you look at our team there is a lot of talent but everyone is scared to make a mistake so they end up hiding from the game. Yes, we were better in the second half but we had to be because we were 1.0 down and they always looked like they were in control. Apart from last ditch defending if you were a neutral you would never have guessed this game is normally one of our post passionate ones. Something wrong with the culture of the club. Sorry to be negative, this is my first post, but I can handle losing it's just losing without any bottle that gets me.

I was wrong. I take it on the chin and we move on.

Still don’t get why not use a 3rd sub? Take off sissoko who was absolute garbage. Why not give bake 20 mins? May not have worked but at least try something! It’s a defeatist attitude and also probably Jose being a cunt telling levy his not gonna play bale. I’m not saying bale has pulled up any trees but at least try something. Even the free kick towards the end prime bale position. Unfortunately with our style of play we hardly get any free kicks up field or many corners . Look at our corner count in the last few games, disgraceful.
Again I reitierate jose has played 4 games v Chelsea and we have failed to score in any of them and not really looked like scoring. Is he their secret agent and giving a percentage of his wages to Chelsea. The guy has no shame taking £15M / yr and not even realising he is not offering any VFM. His been schooled by lampard, OGS has his manure team 11 points ahead and Everton , villa, Leicester and spam are all above use game in hand for villa.

Back
Top Bottom