CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you want to say the refs unconsciously favor the bigger teams, sure I will entertain that idea and think it is something that happens in all sports.

But the idea that the league has any sort of plan, mandate, organized effort to favor big teams is crazy.

I think this is where I’d just prefer to get rid of VAR. I can deal with human inconsistencies like that. But when we bring video in and it’s still crazy inconsistent, it drives me mad.

No one got carried away. We just enjoyed that moment for fucks sake. Are we allowed to do that?

Who the fuck said you can't enjoy the moment?

People used it to try and claim transfers weren't really that important and we were in a good state. This is a wake up call to these people.

I enjoyed the result but it doesn't change where we're at as a team. I.e nowhere even fucking close to being good enough.

People blaming Conte when he has had us unbeaten in the league until today with this underfunded and frankly subpar football squad of average players.

Unbelievable, don't blame Conte, blame the owners and Daniel Levy.

It's frankly a miracle we are even in the conversation for champions league football with this team.

Please tell me, what manager in world football would have us in a better position with these players?

Always the manager, never the owners, some of you get what you deserve.
Absolutely
These fans blaming Conte are fucking clowns
Show me what manager in this world would do better with League One quality like Hojbjerg, Winks, Doherty or Tanganga

If you want to say the refs unconsciously favor the bigger teams, sure I will entertain that idea and think it is something that happens in all sports.

But the idea that the league has any sort of plan, mandate, organized effort to favor big teams is crazy.

Is it? When those teams make the league the most money from viewership? I don't think it's a brown paper bag under the table plan.

I think it's an unspoken trend that has been going on for too long, an old boys club that is run by out of touch money men who want to keep things "the way they should be"

And that in my eyes is corruption and I also think that refs that unconsciously or consciously favour bigger teams can also be considered corruption, especially now that we have technology like VAR that can tell us exactly what happens and shouldn't be prone to bias.

Back
Top Bottom