CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should be one up.

Proper gutsy, battling performance in that first half - look like they're all fighting for every ball which is great to see. Fuck off the high press though - catches us out every time.

Thought Bergwijn has been fantastic.

Japhet is a walking red card here, gotta get him off if possible.

Cmon the fucking spurs theres something in it for us here

I'll take that. Definitely feel like we'll see even more chances in the 2nd half. Chelsea look constipated and that's good. Because they're shit.

How is Jorginho still on the pitch? Unless I've got a case of mistaken identity, surely he attempted to hack Bergwijn down and the ref played advantage ahead of Kane's disallowed goal. He's got to go back and give him a booking for that, and he's off? Or has Jorginho not been booked yet already?

if we go all out attack we aint winning this match

our players are not good enough to go head to head with them

this is the only way of getting anything out of it, should be 1-0 up
I know our players arnt good enough. And I agree that probably was a 10/10 performance considering their ability.

But the actual football we played was pathetic from a technical point of view.

I'm pleased its 0 - 0. But my god they are shite.

People being negative I don't know what about other than being fucked by a cunt of a ref. Lads are playing well and this is very competent game management so far. When we do get the odd chance we are worrying them. We will get another couple of changes yet we just need to take one. Come on lads let's beat these Chavski cunts

I would say the lack of anything from the MF, depending on whether you consider Sessegnon playing in the MF, is concerning and a problem for us once again.

Overall 0-0 is the best case scenario for us that half and not too many missed chances by Chelsea either is good to see, although Lukaku again likely our best defender out there.

The Kane goal is just the problem with football. The VAR just looks for 'any contact' without being realistic or objective to what that contact means. Brushing someones back doesn't lead to large dude going flying forwards. Football is just a joke with 0 common sense applied when it comes to reffing.

The comedy is Lukaku is bowling our defenders over like skittles with pushes every time a cross is loaded in and nothing given, Kane's hand brushes Silva and he somehow spots it and over rules a goal without even waiting for VAR, which was critical as the "not enough to overturn" would have worked in our favour instead of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom