Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah they do. That’s the problem isn’t it, the years of almost there and false dawns.

It means that very quickly any new manager loses the belief of the fans.

Those of us who try and stay positive and believe that there are more positive times ahead just get wound up with the constant negativity being spewed in here.

Not even as black and white as that,

I’m as sick of the role Spurs fans get to play in the premier league and the way this club farms our interest without ever really trying to win.

Doesn’t mean I’m going to be whiny little bitch about the manager and constantly negative about every player on the squad.

Also doesn’t mean I’m going to give my attention to all the shit that gets thrown at this fanbase when there is nothing (imo) on the line that’s worth the time.

We shouldnt be letting the season fizzle out. Win tonight and top 4 is still very doable. Liverpool look cooked and we have Burnley and Sheff Utd. We should at least be trying to make Villa work for it. Ok its the top 4 trophy again but its better than nothing. Plus its momentum and better vibes heading into next season.
A report yesterday indicated that the Club have two transfer season plans, depending on whether we make Champions League or not.

Reading a few posters saying they don’t care about tonight and won’t be watching.

People who obviously don’t understand what supporting a club is about. You stick with the club through thick and thin.

And even though we are going through a bad spell, we are still fifth. And about to play one of our main rivals.

If you don’t care about tonight and can’t get yourself up for doing so, you don’t deserve to call yourself a Spurs supporter. And you certainly don’t deserve to enjoy any success we may have in the future.
Please Sir, I do have a good excuse for not watching. In fact, I was offered a ticket for the game and had to turn it down :(
I'm sort of relieved that I can't watch it (or Sunday), because I care too much; I'm still suffering from last weekend.
The football gods seem to want to inflict as much pain on Spurs as possible, with all we've had to put up with this season. In a way, I'll be glad when it's all over, so we can regroup for next.
I still believe in what Ange is trying to achieve here; only time will tell if his ideas and beliefs will work for us and in the PL.

Those of us who try and stay positive and believe that there are more positive times ahead just get wound up with the constant negativity being spewed in here.
Well of course there'll be more positive times in the future, it's just that many of us are tired of waiting for them. We haven't improved as the season has gone on, so now we're waiting to see Levy's wallet in the summer aren't we?

How did we go from playing really well in the first 10 games of this season to sideways passing?

If the answer to the above question is negative to you then it's negative to you, it's just information it doesn't have to be classed as one thing or the other, that it, simples.

If you want to class people's opinions as negative or positive that's up to you, I don't feel the need to make such a judgement.

How can we improve if it's not allowed to highlight our deficiencies, people want to post what's on their mind, if you don't like itwhy not just scorll past instead if being 'negative' about their opinions.

Please Sir, I do have a good excuse for not watching. In fact, I was offered a ticket for the game and had to turn it down :(
I'm sort of relieved that I can't watch it (or Sunday), because I care too much; I'm still suffering from last weekend.
The football gods seem to want to inflict as much pain on Spurs as possible, with all we've had to put up with this season. In a way, I'll be glad when it's all over, so we can regroup for next.
I still believe in what Ange is trying to achieve here; only time will tell if his ideas and beliefs will work for us and in the PL.
Madam, I may be very one eyed when it comes to my opinions, but I can tell the difference between someone who would watch if they could and someone who won’t when they can. I’ve never met you, but hopefully know you well enough from on here that you are certainly the former.

I don’t watch the entirety of every match every season, as I’ve a life outside of the club. But if I have the opportunity to go to a match in person, or watch in tv, I’m taking that chance.

Don’t get anyone who would come on here and post that they won’t be watching. Attention seeking twattery. Which works, as it’s got us all talking about it.

I do think there’s a few people on here who enjoy winding other people up though
Now, who could you mean?

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Correct. I don’t get it. My life stops to accommodate when Tottenham play and no matter what that will continue till I’m in a box.

Parent, wife or child on their deathbed and you would watch a football game?? I can’t get that mindset.

It’s literally some blokes running around on grass who couldn’t give a fuck about you and an owner who sees you as a cash cow.

Family first football probably not even second for me personally.

I’m not fussed with champions league. Especially as we probably need to help woolwich out to get it. I’ve never seen 4th as winning things and sport is about winning. Top 4 race is just for sky sports ratings and I don’t want to give them another penny or minute of my attention with the way they treat spurs fans.

As for showing progress, I just don’t see it the same way mate. Single games don’t show me much. We could win and I’d still think we have way more to learn if we want to challenge. If we lose I’ll think the same thing.

This game is just about negativity for Spurs fans. I’m just removing myself from that because it’s been this way for too long.

Trouble is, Villa fans and the club are already getting above their station. If they get that and win the conference league it isnt going to help. That would be a more successful season than I've seen us have since 1991.

Parent, wife or child on their deathbed and you would watch a football game?? I can’t get that mindset.

It’s literally some blokes running around on grass who couldn’t give a fuck about you and an owner who sees you as a cash cow.

Family first football probably not even second for me personally.
Don't know the guy but I think you are taking him too Literally

This post is why you need to be careful going round wily nilly telling people who can and can’t call themselves a Spurs fan…

Couldn’t agree more. If there was something to win riding on it, probably more people feeling this way would put themselves through it but there isn’t.

Back
Top Bottom