Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is he underpaid? The offer he'd have got from Levy would have probably put him in line of equalling our highest earner which meant he'd have been paid his level.

LOL, so deciding whether a player is underpaid can only be established based on teammates? Next level economy stuff there, matey.

Let's say McDonald's paid you $5 flipping burgers (I know they actually pay you slightly more), while the rest of the good fellas in the burger business got $15.
However, your assistant burger-flipper at McD only gets $5 as well. Are you underpaid? Trick question, I know.

Says the guy who wanted to sign schweinsteiger. Lol. Camaraderie indeed.

You were desperate to make your point, and damn the camaraderie.

Huh? What have I done to you? I didn't think we had a problem, but maybe that's how you approach people?

Any suggestion for transfer comes with the notion that it has to be according to Poch rules. Any Schweinitransfer was highly hypothetical.

The camaraderie in the squad is everything for Poch.

Huh? What have I done to you? I didn't think we had a problem, but maybe that's how you approach people?

Any suggestion for transfer comes with the notion that it has to be according to Poch rules. Any Schweinitransfer was highly hypothetical.

We don't have a problem, but if you keep coming over as a condescending arse, we might.

eanN17 eanN17 don't get all humpy about it. You made a case for schweinsteiger because you live in Germany. So everyone who lives in England knows more about our English players than you? Natch?

Don't be silly.
I believe I speak German better than 99,8% of the members here and I also believe I know more about German football than most here.

I know a fair bit about different things so do others, but only stated an opinion. Message board and all that.

Last edited:

I'll be honest and say I think you're a cunt for the 'maybe that's how you approach people'. Have you ever considered the fact that you come over as a know it all twat?

I give up. Without Eriksen, Kane wouldn't score half as many goals. Look at his performances for England. Kane without service is redundant.
You misunderstand me, Joe. I'm simply saying that Eriksen isn't better than those players (in my opinion at least), and therefore shouldn't be demanding wages significantly higher than theirs.

As for the England argument, the whole team was fucked up the arse by terrible management. I wouldn't say Kane's performance was simply screwed over by not having Eriksen behind him.

Eriksen is much more talented than Kane. He's by miles, our best outfield player.

That's golden boot winning Kane, who has now scored more than 20 league goals in two consecutive seasons.
I really think you're being hyperbolic about Eriksen (who of course I regard as a great player still).

I'll be honest and say I think you're a cunt for the 'maybe that's how you approach people'. Have you ever considered the fact that you come over as a know it all twat?

I can understand why you had a problem with that, sorry for that, but read yours again. Seriously no idea where your comment come from.

The Schweinsteigerdiscussion was hypotetical, he was never linked and we killed some time. No biggie.

Where the fucking fuck have I said he's worth 150k a week? If people think we should fuck him off because he's asked for more money then fine. I think he's one of our most important players. It's increasingly obvious that others don't. I think you're all wrong, and you know as much about football as the the average 10 year old scum fan. Yah, boo, sucks etc...
The article states he's asking for £150k, man up now, do you think he's worth it or not?

Rather than keep hitting the 'disagree' button I was rather hoping that you might explain why you're not a condescending arse? You're a another super fan who winds me up intensely.

If you believe that, you are free to do that. Your comments came out of the blue. I have had no problem with other members than that guy in the bin, and that was only after he went off the boil. My apologies if you were offended.

Last edited:
There's a lot more money to go around these days, though. Most of us considered 20 million pounds a perfectly reasonable amount for a backup striker (Janssen), imagine somebody saying that in 2013. I'd be worried about Eriksen getting 150k a week because of the precedent it might set at the club (inevitably Alli/Alderweireld/Kane will want as much or more), but for a player as good as he is in the Premier League it's not a "silly amount". Milner, Walcott, Henderson, Benteke, and Sturridge all earn about that much.
Indeed. I meant silly amount in terms of our wage structure and that I don't think he's (currently) a player that justifies opening those floodgates.

Do people really think I'm saying to bin Eriksen over this? The article is probably bollocks anyway (and even if the wage demand is true, may well be an overly high demand as a negotiation trick).

Back
Top Bottom