Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he tried a lot at the weekend, he came deep to get the ball and although his delivery from set pieces was fairly shit, he didn't give up. He's had some shit runs of form over the past two years but he's probably allowed that considering what he's contributed. I really could do with him getting stuck in a bit more though - opposing players must rub their hands with glee knowing they just need to run at him in order for him to shit it.

Eriksen bottles out of every physical dual, it's pathetic really.
Not his job to get stuck into physical battles. That's for the defensive minded players. He presses to create time & space for the press behind him, but isn't built to go piling into tackles.
The likes of Mahrez, Payet, Ozil etc aren't expected to do the water carrying. The stat from saturday speaks volumes-more assists provided than the whole of the Leicester team.

Not his job to get stuck into physical battles. That's for the defensive minded players. He presses to create time & space for the press behind him, but isn't built to go piling into tackles.
The likes of Mahrez, Payet, Ozil etc aren't expected to do the water carrying. The stat from saturday speaks volumes-more assists provided than the whole of the Leicester team.
He bottles out of everything, physical duals, arial duals, tackles, it's awful. Lamela gets stuck in as an attacking player, so it not being his job as an offensive-minded player is not an excuse.

As for those stats btw, I wonder whether that includes corners and free kicks? He took most of them. I certainly didn't see him create a lot from open play.

He bottles out of everything, physical duals, arial duals, tackles, it's awful. Lamela gets stuck in as an attacking player, so it not being his job as an offensive-minded player is not an excuse.

As for those stats btw, I wonder whether that includes corners and free kicks? He took most of them. I certainly didn't see him create a lot from open play.
Lol. Nobody created much in that game. They didn't want to come out to play because they'd have taken a beating. Eriksen alone created more than their entire team... hats off to Ranieri. He set his team up not to lose. More teams will do that against us having seen what we did to Citeh. It's Poch's job to see that earlier in games & adjust our playing style. Our plan A, when it comes off, is an irresistible force. When it doesn't, fans get frustrated, & so does the team. Our games always seem to benefit from an early goal these days. We either come back fighting, or always have that threat of pressing the oppo into mistakes.

But to cut a long story short, blaming Eriksen for our lack of goals is a bit crass to be honest.

So there is no link? It's just an "out of the ether" observation? Ok then.
:sonhmm:
To be honest, he has added some of that fuckin swagger recently, if you know what I mean. He didn't have that when he first joined. I don't think it's the salary itself but a number of factors. according to some sources poch pushed for the negotiations to be completed so he could focus more on the game. Clearly it was something affecting him. maybe he thought now that he had deserved it, he could relax a little. who really knows but you seem to want a theory.

what do you think is the reason for his at times sub par performance?

6824767fa974849c8b60dfeed3b5f0efa9077b35c3eec2fbdd19283171634e5b.jpg

To be honest, he has added some of that fuckin swagger recently, if you know what I mean. He didn't have that when he first joined. I don't think it's the salary itself but a number of factors. according to some sources poch pushed for the negotiations to be completed so he could focus more on the game. Clearly it was something affecting him. maybe he thought now that he had deserved it, he could relax a little. who really knows but you seem to want a theory.

I think, since you ask, that he's not been as bad as some suggest. He is still creating chances, he still puts in a shift in terms of covering the pitch, but all 3 players behind the striker have not hit top note yet. I think that Kane being injured hasn't helped. His set pieces have been poor, but I genuinely do not think that he has suffered because he thinks he has it made due to the new contract he's just been given. I was curious at your statement of fact.

No one runs more for us. No one is more available for a pass. Watch the guy live - where you can see all of the pitch - not the centralised TV viewpoint. I appreciate that rules out most of you, but one day try and do it. You'll see a different player.

Back
Top Bottom