Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will b absolutly sick for us :gio:

Magic+E.jpg

:troll:

Here he is vs city in the CL
1st leg

2nd leg

Never seen him in person, but those are highlights of one game and not a season. He seems to be daily quick. He isn't full of pace, but that isn't needed for a number 10. He fights for the ball and is often looking for quick releases. Everything I've seen of Eriksen looks very good. Watching those two videos you see him at full sprint and yet he doesn't look nearly as slow as people say.

Eriksen from 2010-2012. So impressive. He is one of the most two footed players in the world. I feel confident he is the answer to our creativity problem.

Here he is vs city in the CL
1st leg

2nd leg

As good as he looks there, and he looks fantastic! Love the way he uses small touches to make sure he's in control of the ball, fills me with confidence going forward. It has to be said that City's defense was a shambles on both occasions, rarely seen so much space between the lines, in an "organized" defense, from a top team in a 6min out-take of matches

Too hungover to study, so I believe I'm gonna try to find a stream and watch this lad take on Malta here in a few minutes. Will help to appease my anticipation for seeing him wear the lillywhite.

Eriksen from 2010-2012. So impressive. He is one of the most two footed players in the world. I feel confident he is the answer to our creativity problem.

Great post, mate!

Seriously ... we may have just nicked the signing of the summer.
Those videos really do some justice to the kind of player that he is.

But the thing the baffles me so much is ... what in the world do some people think??!!
I mean...

First of all, people here were saying that Eriksen has no pace, is slow/ok ... yada yada yada
If these guys didn't took the word of those saying that Eriksen actually IS pacey, well watch these videos to see for yourselves.

Secondly , I am also noticing people say that in the 433 formation, we should play Eriksen on the LW of that front 3.

What the heck?
Do you guys remember how furious we were when Harry played Modric on the wings?
Exactly...

The same thing will happen, and more importantly Eriksen will waste and loose his influence on the game. Again, if you need proof, watch those 2 videos that elaborately show how much area he takes up in the attacking positions.

I honestly don't know what happened with Eriksen that no one really pushed eagerly to get him (except us) ...
But whatever it was, we should not judge Eriksen's performance solely based on last season and the Euros. Granted that it may have not been on par with his other previous seasons, but quite honestly IMO, a kid with that much talent and potential doesn't loose it all in one season. He just needed a change of things and someone who can unlock his potential.

And I am so ecstatic that he now has AVB for that because Levy and Baldini may have just gotten the best for last!

Those of you who aren't watching will also be pleased to note he's been very hesitant on the 50/50 balls. Weak opponent, Denmark's WC chances are pretty shot anyway, and he needs to make his mark quickly in the biggest move of his career to date - which will require him staying healthy.

Back
Top Bottom