Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just hope those so called supporters that expect 100% loyalty do not turn on him like Toby and Rose. He is our most important player although Strikers are always worth more in transfer market. We need to resolve this.

If eyes are offside is being paid 350 a week then Surely we must make a huge and decisive offer to Christian immediately
Hang on, because Woolwich over pay their wasteman means we have to increase Eriksen's wages? What Woolwich pay their players has no baring what we pay ours.

Fine to judge who and how much we pay our other players in the side though.

Could explain why, in my opinion, he has not had the best of starts to the season. He definitely deserves to be one of the highest earners. Isn't Harry now on about twice as much as Lloris?

He's usually a slow starter.

Dosh: ...If he wants mere parity with our best, just pay the man. He's 1b to Harry's 1a anyway so why not? ...Given the cost of replacement (+ wages) for anything close to a replacement it's a no brainer for me.

Hang on, because Woolwich over pay their wasteman means we have to increase Eriksen's wages? What Woolwich pay their players has no baring what we pay ours.

Agreed. No need to shoot ourselves in the foot because others have. Eriksen deserves something around the £150-£170k mark. I think that's pretty fair for the quality he possesses. To say he should be compared to the ludicrous money Ozil is getting is baffling & unrealistic

Considering we're the only club to spend absolutely fuck all on transfers this summer, there is simply no excuse for not paying our best players what they deserve to keep them at the club.
Especially as our manager and chairman have both earned huge new contracts and bonuses way in excess of their peers.

Last edited:
Considering we're the only club club to spend absolutely fuck all on transfers this summer, there is simply no excuse for not paying our best players what they deserve to keep them at the club.
Especially as our manager and chairman have both earned huge new contracts and bonuses way in excess of their peers.

How much do you give him weekly to keep him sweet? On par with Kane? He's top class but there's no way he can be compared with the money Ozil is on surely

Woolwich probably need to pay 'top dollar' and way over 'market' wages to get good players to join them as they are so obviously bottom of the top 6 PL clubs.

Spurs look to be way ahead of them (training facilities, new stadium, coach reputation and pool of top players) so we don't need to match Woolwich's wages

Doubt if we will see much movement on player contracts until the Safety Certificate for the new stadium is granted - assuming its granted in say October and we start playing in it immediately we know we have a much better financial position than last season.

If we don't get the safety certificate this autumn and need to spend much of the season at Wembley, we'll probably need to be more careful on the wages we offer players.

I'm saying we should be capable of paying our players what they deserve. I never mentioned Ozil.

Someone further up the thread mentioned Ozil &a why a couple posted saying how much is too much. I personally think with him being on £75k per week at the moment £150k with a review taking it up to £175k-£200k a year later based on performance is reasonable for us and him. I can't see him getting the same as Kane & getting a raise of £125k per week with how we operate &a the costs of what's going on a top the moment. Where's the cut off on what he wants to when you sell?

If we don't get the safety certificate this autumn and need to spend much of the season at Wembley, we'll probably need to be more careful on the wages we offer players.
So we can pay a manager who has never won a major trophy more than virtually any other manager in Europe.
And we can pay a chairman who has delivered 1 league cup in 18 years more than any other chairman or C.e.o in the premier league.

But we can't pay our best players the going rate until the stadium gets its safety certificate.
Even though we didn't spend £1 on transfer fees this summer.

Unbelievable.

Eriksen is on 75k? If I were Levy I'd open the offer at an even 100,000/week, with an eye to settle at 125,000/week.

125/week would be a ~67% raise, which is well warranted and earned.

So we can pay a manager who has never won a major trophy more than virtually any other manager in Europe.
And we can pay a chairman who has delivered 1 league cup in 18 years more than any other chairman or C.e.o in the premier league.

But we can't pay our best players the going rate until the stadium gets its safety certificate.

Unbelievable.
The most important business over the past 3 years has been to secure the signatures of the current players that Poch wants. I think that remains the case. Perhaps more now that we go again in the league with the same squad that has done so well. Having kept our transfer “chest” intact because we can’t realistically improve on the squad, we need to make sure that we are paying the “heartbeat” players in the side like Eriksen, the kind of wages their abilities deserve. I’m not saying we should go full retard and pay Ozil type wages, but pinning Eriksen down to a new contract on £150-£175k a week shouldn’t be an issue to the club. In fact, we shouldn’t bat an eyelid at that kind of money, as obscene as it is. It’s becoming the lower end of the going rate for world class talent. And Eriksen couldn’t be replaced for £120 million in today’s market.

Woolwich probably need to pay 'top dollar' and way over 'market' wages to get good players to join them as they are so obviously bottom of the top 6 PL clubs.

Spurs look to be way ahead of them (training facilities, new stadium, coach reputation and pool of top players) so we don't need to match Woolwich's wages
They've been over paying so many of their donkey's for years Welbz, Gibbo, Jack, Theo, The Ox, Rambo, Jenko. They have been stuck with this lot, none of them getting many minutes No team is mad enough to match the wages they were being paid.

Eriksen is on 75k? If I were Levy I'd open the offer at an even 100,000/week, with an eye to settle at 125,000/week.
That may well be what Levy is doing for all we know. But when inferior players, at inferior clubs, like Crystal Palace and West Ham are already earning those figures, Christian Eriksen would be well within his rights telling Levy to fucking sit on a fat one and swivel

Unbelievable.

Not at all. What I am suggesting is that DL will want to know how much money is available this season (which is directly related to when we move into the stadium) to know whether he can offer a mega deal to Eriksen (by which I mean closish ro Kane's deal) or whether he offers a big increase to Eriksen.

He's tied down the manager with a mega deal as he sees him as the most important person, followed by Kane who he sees as the most important player.

Its then a question of how good a deal to offer the next tier of players such as Eriksen....and its kind of useful to know how much money he's got to play with

I assume if you choose to move house you look to see what you can afford from your earnings rather than buying the biggest house you can see ?

Back
Top Bottom