Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pay the man.
Doesn’t deserve to be on Kane’s packet - but at least deserves to be in the same ballpark.
It’s a nobrainer. But of course, we have Daniel levy as a chairman. Perhaps if he wasn’t taking in an additional 3.5M P/A, it would be less of an issue.

Hang on, because Woolwich over pay their wasteman means we have to increase Eriksen's wages? What Woolwich pay their players has no baring what we pay ours.

Fine to judge who and how much we pay our other players in the side though.

Of course it has a bearing
How much do you give him weekly to keep him sweet? On par with Kane? He's top class but there's no way he can be compared with the money Ozil is on surely

200-250 p/w

Pay the man.
Doesn’t deserve to be on Kane’s packet - but at least deserves to be in the same ballpark.
It’s a nobrainer. But of course, we have Daniel levy as a chairman. Perhaps if he wasn’t taking in an additional 3.5M P/A, it would be less of an issue.
I think he is as important to us as Kane now, if he got the same money I don't see a problem with that.

Wow that's a lot of dough. It ain't practical for a club like us, where we are to pay a player £250k per week. I'd love to keep Eriksen but I'm a realist that simply won't or shouldn't happen at present time

The thing is - that really is not that much money in the grand scheme of major sports leagues with international reach in 2018. £250k per week is £13M per year (about $16.5M). That's the salary of a decent NBA starter, but definitely not a star player (the "max" contract is about $35M per year currently). And yes, NBA and football have different structures, etc ... but the fact remains that with the massive revenue generated by these globally recognized leagues that what part ends up in players pockets has grown as well.

Kane on the deal he is on is one of the best contracts in all of sport given his profile and performance level. Eriksen getting close to that should be quite realistic.

The thing is - that really is not that much money in the grand scheme of major sports leagues with international reach in 2018. £250k per week is £13M per year (about $16.5M). That's the salary of a decent NBA starter, but definitely not a star player (the "max" contract is about $35M per year currently). And yes, NBA and football have different structures, etc ... but the fact remains that with the massive revenue generated by these globally recognized leagues that what part ends up in players pockets has grown as well.

Kane on the deal he is on is one of the best contracts in all of sport given his profile and performance level. Eriksen getting close to that should be quite realistic.

Close to what Kane is on maybe but a quarter of a million a week is a huge leap for someone like Eriksen. What's Salah on £200k per week? If so Eriksen should be on about £175k tops.

I love him he's such a class act but disjointing the structure because you're being somewhat held to ransom moves power away from the club. Risky business when running a relatively tight ship

Close to what Kane is on maybe but a quarter of a million a week is a huge leap for someone like Eriksen. What's Salah on £200k per week? If so Eriksen should be on about £175k tops.

I love him he's such a class act but disjointing the structure because you're being somewhat held to ransom moves power away from the club. Risky business when running a relatively tight ship
I think £150-175k region and he would sign without hesitation. If not, then I agree we should never be held over a barrel by a player and his agent.
Levy has to assess his worth to the club & the cost of replacing him with someone even approaching his talents.
A huge oversimplification I know, but that’s the bottom line with players like Eriksen. They don’t pop up regularly & when they do, you have to offer the most you can possibly afford to keep them. We have had superb service from him for 5 years now, on a relatively modest wage for someone of his talents. Reward him with the best we can offer. No cutting corners to save a few hundred grand. He has earned the right to command top level wages within the club.

Wow that's a lot of dough. It ain't practical for a club like us, where we are to pay a player £250k per week. I'd love to keep Eriksen but I'm a realist that simply won't or shouldn't happen at present time

So what happens is we flog Eriksen for less than he's worth next summer because he only has a year left on his deal or we lose him for free the following summer , we still have to replace him and pay someone else wages. The reason Woolwich paid Ozil 350 a week is because it was sensible , if he'd had left for free they would have had to shell out at least 70 million to replace him plus big wages they are paying Ozil about 70 million over 4 years. We face. Similar situation with Eriksen.

So what happens is we flog Eriksen for less than he's worth next summer because he only has a year left on his deal or we lose him for free the following summer , we still have to replace him and pay someone else wages. The reason Woolwich paid Ozil 350 a week is because it was sensible , if he'd had left for free they would have had to shell out at least 70 million to replace him plus big wages they are paying Ozil about 70 million over 4 years. We face. Similar situation with Eriksen.
If Ozil had left they could have replaced him with a Labrador puppy. His salary is why football is in the state it's in.

Yeah, the poor fuckers on double my annual salary every week, all I do is stop people dying when they work though. It's not like I have to run around playing my favourite game or anything.

So what's your point ? It's admirable what you do Mick and I thank you for doing it , but what's it got to do with what footballers get paid ? It's like that argument of anyone who earns a fortune shouldn't because nurses aren't rich !

So what's your point ? It's admirable what you do Mick and I thank you for doing it , but what's it got to do with what footballers get paid ? It's like that argument of anyone who earns a fortune shouldn't because nurses aren't rich !
My point is that footballers get paid an obscene amount of money for what they do and it's disproportionate to their value of contribution to society.
The nurse argument still remains valid on the same level.
I really didn't think I'd have to explain that.
My only mitigating argument is that at least Eriksen seems like a decent human being - as opposed to massive cockwombles like Ozil.

My point is that footballers get paid an obscene amount of money for what they do and it's disproportionate to their value of contribution to society.
The nurse argument still remains valid on the same level.
I really didn't think I'd have to explain that.
My only mitigating argument is that at least Eriksen seems like a decent human being - as opposed to massive cockwombles like Ozil.

They aren't being paid for their contribution to society's Mick , I didn't think that needed explaining.

I hope football goes bankrupt.

The money being paid to top players is obscene and immoral and quite frankly a piss take for fans who work hard all week and pay another disgusting amount of money to get in the stadium to watch them.

I don't blame the players as I would do the same but I think our society needs a reality check for paying someone 150k a week to kick a ball round a park.

Back
Top Bottom