Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Ozil can demand 300,000 a week why can't Eriksen when his contract runs out ? He'd get it somewhere, if we don't get him signed by the end of the season it becomes a huge issue , you seem to have misquoted me I said Eriksen should demand at least 200 a week not what ever it was you misquoted.
Why doesn't he ask for £1m per week then? Again so what about Ozil and what Woolwich pay for him?

Do you not have the remotest faith in what we are doing at Spurs and a) how we negotiate our players contracts b) salaries? The last time I looked all our players are with us, again, for yet another season, despite the almost daily speculation linking away practically the entire team? This "pay him want he wants" is so, so boring, it was exactly the same when we negociated his contract 2yrs ago, those negotiations also went on for over a year. He has two years left on his contract.

Sorry to moan mate but fucking hell for FIVE fucking years this has been going on with virtually ALL of our players, we've lost Walker (coincidentally weeks after him committing himself to a new contract).

I think we know what we are doing.

Why doesn't he ask for £1m per week then? Again so what about Ozil and what Woolwich pay for him?

Do you not have the remotest faith in what we are doing at Spurs and a) how we negotiate our players contracts b) salaries? The last time I looked all our players are with us, again, for yet another season, despite the almost daily speculation linking away practically the entire team? This "pay him want he wants" is so, so boring, it was exactly the same when we negociated his contract 2yrs ago, those negotiations also went on for over a year. He has two years left on his contract.

Sorry to moan mate but fucking hell for FIVE fucking years this has been going on with virtually ALL of our players, we've lost Walker (coincidentally weeks after him committing himself to a new contract).

I think we know what we are doing.

I'm just of the opinion that the Ozil and Sanchez deals have set a precedent for other players to follow I also think our wage structure is the reason Walker left is partly responsible for the Rose situation and fully responsible for Toby and possible Eriksen leaving in the next couple of years , these players should be amongst the highest paid in the league for their positions and they know it.

"bournemouth, whose stadium has a 11,464 capacity are the world’s 28th richest club, owing to being in the english top flight for only the second season in their history."

take a moment to let that sink in...

"deloitte illustrates the exponential growth in premier league income, and bournemouth as a beneficiary after their 2015 promotion, by pointing to the club’s status 20 years earlier. in 1996-97 bournemouth were in the third tier and their revenue, £1.1m, made them the 10th least well-off club of the 92 in the premier and football leagues. deloitte, which says it had financial details directly from clubs whose accounts are not yet published, state bournemouth’s income last year as £140m."

it does feel like you'd have to question someone for saying "tottenham can't afford to pay their players". whether that is the case or not is prevailed to board members, while the rest of us present conjecture.

I'm just of the opinion that the Ozil and Sanchez deals have set a precedent for other players to follow I also think our wage structure is the reason Walker left is partly responsible for the Rose situation and fully responsible for Toby and possible Eriksen leaving in the next couple of years , these players should be amongst the highest paid in the league for their positions and they know it.
They are ALL still at the club though mate, with the exception of Walker who ironically signed a new contract just weeks before he left.

What a waste of time screaming and crying to pay players more. Had they all left then yeah, there would be a point, but they are all still here playing for Tottenham. Why do you think they are still here? What's keeping them all at Spurs? Are they mad?

Top 10 earners in the Premier League (genuine?)

10. Virgil van Dijk: £180,000 at Liverpool
09. Eden Hazard: £200,000 at Chelsea
08. David de Gea: £200,000 at Manchester United
07. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: £220,000 at Manchester United
06. Yaya Toure: £220,000 at Manchester City
05. Sergio Aguero: £220,000 a week at Manchester City
04. Romelu Lukaku: £250,000 a week at Manchester United
03. Kevin De Bruyne: £280,000 a week at Manchester City
02. Paul Pogba: £290,000 a week at Manchester United
01. Alexis Sanchez: £350,000 a week at Manchester United

Take Toure and Ibrahimovic out and put Ozil and Kane in and I'd imagine that's pretty spot on.

They are ALL still at the club though mate, with the exception of Walker who ironically signed a new contract just weeks before he left.

What a waste of time screaming and crying to pay players more. Had they all left then yeah, there would be a point, but they are all still here playing for Tottenham. Why do you think they are still here? What's keeping them all at Spurs? Are they mad?

Walkers new contract ensured we got 50 million for him, Toby and Rose want to leave I can live with it if they do , Eriksen is key tho and one of the best in the league if not the world we simply will find him impossible to replace so we should just pay him what we can afford , I'm not John ie anti Enic they've done great things but I fear it's a house of cards if we don't pay our players the going rate , there isn't anything substantial evidence to say we won't so fingers crossed but it's naïve to think they wont leave if we don't.

The money united pays Lukaku Sanchez and pogba is criminal

Salah must be on more than Van Dijk.

Walkers new contract ensured we got 50 million for him, Toby and Rose want to leave I can live with it if they do , Eriksen is key tho and one of the best in the league if not the world we simply will find him impossible to replace so we should just pay him what we can afford , I'm not John ie anti Enic they've done great things but I fear it's a house of cards if we don't pay our players the going rate , there isn't anything substantial evidence to say we won't so fingers crossed but it's naïve to think they wont leave if we don't.
You have nothing to substantiate that we will not pay him, in fact evidence supports the fact that we will.

Are you not bored of our players being linked away from Tottenham and that they could all earn more, yet they are all here, playing at Spurs? Are you not bored of talking about it? I know I'm bored of writing the same thing for five years on an almost weekly basis defending how we go about out business. How many more months, years take before people actually realise that we seem to know what the fuck we are doing when it comes to player contracts?

You have nothing to substantiate that we will not pay him, in fact evidence supports the fact that we will.

Are you not bored of our players being linked away from Tottenham and that they could all earn more, yet they are all here, playing at Spurs? Are you not bored of talking about it? I know I'm bored of writing the same thing for five years on an almost weekly basis defending how we go about out business. How many more months, years take before people actually realise that we seem to know what the fuck we are doing when it comes to player contracts?

Not sure if you bother to read my posts or not mate tbh.

The money united pays Lukaku Sanchez and pogba is criminal
Uniteds wage structure is just an utter shambles. The likes of van Persie, Pogba and Sanchez would all have gone to City(who actually do pay somewhat sensible wages despite perceptions) were it not for United shitting it at the thought of being shown up and throwing ludicrous money at them. The money they paid Zlatan last year to sit on his ass for 6 months then take off to America was comically sad.

Where is this all coming from? All I have seen is a daily mail article link, I don’t understand why everyone is losing their heads, has any credible journalist said anything even remotely related to the fact that Christian is stalling??

Where is this all coming from? All I have seen is a daily mail article link, I don’t understand why everyone is losing their heads, has any credible journalist said anything even remotely related to the fact that Christian is stalling??
Nah, it’s just speculation, but he is stalling - that’s enough for the reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom