Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one needs to carry us. That’s why he can contribute massively and not need to play 50 games a season.

No player could help us if he’s injured either, weird point to make
Do you really think the club would sanction what would be our most expensive deal ever for a player who would help us here and there whenever he's not injured?

C'mon mate get real. I wouldn't be totally against Bale coming back but for the finances involved I just don't see how it would be worth it.

No it's not because breaking the wage structure for a player that has always had long term injury problems is borderline retarded.
Maybe, but then again he might not get injured, might take a pay cut, might help us win the title.

We could break the wage structure on anyone, and they could be a massive flop.

Do you really think the club would sanction what would be our most expensive deal ever for a player who would help us here and there whenever he's not injured?

C'mon mate get real. I wouldn't be totally against Bale coming back but for the finances involved I just don't see how it would be worth it.

I’ve already said twice I think it’s bullshit.

Gonna say I think Madrid will definitely be going superstar shopping this summer, if Salah is the player he is supposed to be surly they come knocking at Liverpool’s door? be a nice change form them coming after us.

Maybe, but then again he might not get injured, might take a pay cut, might help us win the title.

We could break the wage structure on anyone, and they could be a massive flop.

Of course, almost no transfer is going to be a guaranteed success. That being said, you typically spend your money on sound investments. Nobody buys an expensive car, sees that it has been in the shop continually for the past couple of years and says "Eh, maybe it won't break down on me though."

If Eriksen leaves in the summer then his replacement whoever he is is unlikely to be as good. That includes Bale who clearly has problems at Madrid. When Eriksen plays bad or not at all then Spurs generally play poorly. But when Eriksen plays well then Spurs are at their best.
Bale may simply say to Madrid that he wants to stay as he has a lucrative contract that no one else is likely to match. Then it is a matter of does Madrid want to get rid of him so badly that they subsidise his wages elsewhere. A lot depends on what Madrid do with the Manager but it is the fans that have turned against Bale.

Wherever Bale goes next, he’s looking at a pretty major pay cut. Does he go £400k at Real down to £300k to play for City or PSG, or does he come down to £250k and win stuff for us, becoming a legend in the process?

Still a massive talent and if there’s a sniff of getting him, we should do our utmost.

Wherever Bale goes next, he’s looking at a pretty major pay cut. Does he go £400k at Real down to £300k to play for City or PSG, or does he come down to £250k and win stuff for us, becoming a legend in the process?

Still a massive talent and if there’s a sniff of getting him, we should do our utmost.

We have like first option or the right to match or something don’t we?

Indeed.

So in the event Real Madrid agrees to sell Bale to another club, they have to inform us. If we then match that bid exactly, Madrid will have to accept it, and we are also then also free to negotiate with Bale.

Though I am sure that had an expiry date and was only regarding English clubs.

Indeed.

So in the event Real Madrid agrees to sell Bale to another club, they have to inform us. If we then match that bid exactly, Madrid will have to accept it, and we are also then also free to negotiate with Bale.

Though I am sure that had an expiry date and was only regarding English clubs.

So what you're saying is all we have to do is wait for West Ham to make a public approach this summer and we get Bale on a season long loan?

:dude:

"Real Madrid and the player hereby grant to Tottenham from the date hereof until June 30, 2019 an option to match any offer received from a Premier League club for the registration of the player.

"Real Madrid shall notify Tottenham the terms of any offer that it finds acceptable (a 'Third Party Offer'), and Tottenham shall thereafter have a period of 72 hours after receipt of such notification to offer to match all the terms contained in the offer to Real Madrid under the Third Party Offer.

"In the event that Tottenham does match the Third Party Offer, Real Madrid shall be required to accept Tottenham's offer in preference to any other offers received (including any higher offers received following Real Madrid's receipt of the Third Party Offer) and transfer the player as soon as is possible in the first available FA Registration Period to Tottenham pursuant to a Transfer Agreement acceptable to Tottenham in its sole discretion."

Back
Top Bottom