Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale is many things but not daft. He’ll know that he’d have to take a huge cut to come back and he also knows if he helped us to titles and cups, he’d be the absolute hero he’s not quite been in Madrid.

And it’s peak TFC to suggest we are too good for a player of his standard. Remember, it was only several months ago he was slamming in an overhead kick to help win yet another Champions League.

As it happens, I can’t see Real signing Eriksen. More likely that they’ll take Dybala from Juventus and Eriksen will pitch up there to replace him.

I don't see why Bale would come back here, from a financial perspective. We cannot even come close to the financial package he gets at Real Madrid. It's a nice idea but not realistic and when you look at his injury record it's not very sensible either.

You're obviously new here - it's considered treason to disagree with me!
That's my opinion, he was more involved than he has been for a while, he actually looked bothered for a change.
I make my opinion as I see it live, without replays or commentators telling me what I should be seeing or thinking.
Love you mrs P but personally I thought eriksen was poor today he is supposedly the creative spark but I felt he offered nothing I thought his decision making poor and some of his execution awful -

I thought he gave a decent account today, a definite improvement on the last few games.

I still think his mind is elsewhere but I’m still hopeful that he’ll sign a new contract

Maybe Poch will make him captain

Not a fan of keepers being captain especially Hugo as he’s too nice

One of our major problems imv
A strong skipper

I still think his mind is elsewhere but I’m still hopeful that he’ll sign a new contract

A strong skipper

If Hugo is too nice... CE would be dreadful. lol

Not sure how many matches Bale has been fit this season but the big decision is would Poch want him. I doubt it and unless Poch is going that will be the end of the matter.

Love you mrs P but personally I thought eriksen was poor today he is supposedly the creative spark but I felt he offered nothing I thought his decision making poor and some of his execution awful -
Love you too and I don't have a problem with you not agreeing me..........
just don't go out after dark on your own...

:eriksenlol:
:dierpochhug:

A strong skipper
I agree with not having a keeper as skipper, but not to give it to Eriksen. Either Harry, Jan or Dele would be my choice.

Plus we dont need a 100 million pound fairy in the treatment room more often than not.
It's almost as if Bale just expected everyone to bow down to him at Madrid now that Ronaldo has left, he's so far up himself these days it's crazy.
The sight of him shoving his team mates away when he scored the penalty the other week would be enough for me to think he really wouldn't be worth the hassle.

It's almost as if Bale just expected everyone to bow down to him at Madrid now that Ronaldo has left, he's so far up himself these days it's crazy.
The sight of him shoving his team mates away when he scored the penalty the other week would be enough for me to think he really wouldn't be worth the hassle.

You do make a fair point.

I guess what we don't fully know is the context of the relationship Bale has with his team mates.

My view is you need team harmony without doubt. To win things or to be consistently competitive you definitely need a string unit but also players of quality.

It is fair to say some come with attitude and maybe is the price you pay.

I think Bale would still be a quality addition and if we are destined to lose Eriksen and could negotiate a deal then hmmmm.

I see little ego in Kane but do wonder how he would cope with an even bigger star in the team. My view is that we just need even better players around Kane but maybe none that are objectively better if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom