Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he should drop him. Very poor attitude bringing the team down. Poch show some Sarri charachter and drop him haha. Make them fight for the shirt and pride. As you say if they can't get up for the NLD. We need to realise these are not loyal people they are mercenaries.

Why did you think Eriksen has a very poor attitude?

Form and attitude are different things

If I didn't know better I'd say that Steviebates is Sammyspurs' alter ego.

Sg45nkE.jpg

Wasn't it Norman Bates that ran the motel? Didn't he have an alter ego (his mother?)

Sammy are you sure you're not experiencing headaches?

But you don’t compare him to high quality players.....you don’t compare him to his “peers”, Hazard, Sane, Mane etc wonder why that is?

The guy is world class right, why are you constantly comparing him to Sissoko and banging on about him doing a better job that someone you think is a pub player?

Here we go. If you can't answer a simple question, create a new question.

We were talking about our team and dropping Eriksen from it. We don't have the option to drop Eriksen and replace him with Sane, Hazard or Mane. Also, they are also all forwards. So when discussing who we drop from our side, it's a stupidly bogus argument on every level.

I've compared him to his peers, several times, you just keep ignoring it, I have told you nobody in this league has created more chances in the last three and a half years (or the last time I checked anyway, either way he's in the top 1-3 in this league for chances created) in the same time I'm pretty sure his 47 assists is also more than anyone else's.

All his peers go through phases of being less than stellar, but like him, their meh is invariably better than shit players "good", which is why players like Eriksen and his peers are rarely ever dropped, which is probably why over the last 3 and a half seasons only Lloris has played more minutes for this team.

You were saying he should be dropped because of his form, or because "he's shit".

So on that basis, I ask you again, if he's form is bad and he's shit, he's still giving this team much, much more than Sissoko, who is also an attacking midfielder, who's been dropped back into an 8 type remit, tasked with transitioning the ball, so why would you drop Eriksen, but leave Sissoko in your team?

Just answer this simple question?

Here we go. If you can't answer a simple question, create a new question.

We were talking about our team and dropping Eriksen from it. We don't have the option to drop Eriksen and replace him with Sane, Hazard or Mane. Also, they are also all forwards. So when discussing who we drop from our side, it's a stupidly bogus argument on every level.

I've compared him to his peers, several times, you just keep ignoring it, I have told you nobody in this league has created more chances in the last three and a half years (or the last time I checked anyway, either way he's in the top 1-3 in this league for chances created) in the same time I'm pretty sure his 47 assists is also more than anyone else's.

All his peers go through phases of being less than stellar, but like him, their meh is invariably better than shit players "good", which is why players like Eriksen and his peers are rarely ever dropped, which is probably why over the last 3 and a half seasons only Lloris has played more minutes for this team.

You were saying he should be dropped because of his form, or because "he's shit".

So on that basis, I ask you again, if he's form is bad and he's shit, he's still giving this team much, much more than Sissoko, who is also an attacking midfielder, who's been dropped back into an 8 type remit, tasked with transitioning the ball, so why would you drop Eriksen, but leave Sissoko in your team?

Just answer this simple question?
I pick Sissoko because he plays to his abilities and gives his all.
I also rate him. You don’t.

I believe Eriksen can be world class. Right now he’s crap, so I’d drop him.
As for his peers I don’t give a shit what Eriksen did 3 and half years ago in that sense, I’m talking about the latter half of this season in particular.
If you’d rather go out there and play Woolwich with Eriksen in THIS FORM, than Hazard, Mane or Sane then fucking good for you.

It’s that simple......you are so obsessed with Sissoko it’s embarrassing. You deny it every time I say it:
Eriksen is poor.
“What about Sissoko though”

You deny it and then say in your very next post “what about Sissoko”.
Ridiculous

If I say Sissoko is shit do you think that means I think Eriksen has been good?

Last edited:
I pick Sissoko because he plays to his abilities and gives his all.
I also rate him. You don’t.

I believe Eriksen can be world class. Right now he’s crap, so I’d drop him.
As for his peers I don’t give a shit what Eriksen did 3 and half years ago in that sense, I’m talking about the latter half of this season in particular.
If you’d rather go out there and play Woolwich with Eriksen in THIS FORM, than Hazard, Mane or Sane then fucking good for you.

It’s that simple......you are so obsessed with Sissoko it’s embarrassing. You deny it every time I say it:
Eriksen is poor.
“What about Sissoko though”

You deny it and then say in your very next post “what about Sissoko”.
Ridiculous

If I say Sissoko is shit do you think that means I think Eriksen has been good?

But by his earlier season (albeit very low) standards Sissoko has been fucking poor the last few games too. Contributed much less than Eriksen.

Or are you you so Embarrassingly obsessed with Eriksen that you don’t care?

All I did was ask why you only drop Eriksen for an alleged drop in form, when Sissoko’s performances have also clearly dropped (and his level doesn’t get anywhere near Eriksen’s to start with).

He was made to stay by the club and not sold to Chelsea and was our best player that season, my point stands. The club fought to keep him another year and did as they did with bale.
I was referring to the player behavior - not when he was sold

I agree with those saying he was probably one of our best players today - but he was still WAY below his best. Bullied off the ball alot, shied out of 50/50s but he was trying his best to knit things together. No excuses for the chance in the first half though ,he absolutely HAS to score.

Would love it if you actually addressed the arguments put forward by bc, instead of just saying Eriksen is shit. You know, the same thing you're lambasting other people for doing in the Trippier thread. Classic hypocritical sammy

Thought he was really good today....don’t even blame him for the miss in the first half.
How am I a hypocrite? I would have dropped him, I’m glad we didn’t and he was pretty pivotal today.
I dm t hold agandas and I don’t pretend he’s crap when he’s done well.

I judge Eriksen on Eriksen.
I don’t judge Eriksen on Trippier.

He was okay. But he was our best player on the pitch. You can put Sissoko u there too. He's AM, not suited for CM and tracking back IMO.

I see him more as a CM than a AM. He lacks pace and dribbling ability to be a real attacking threat. For me he needs to focus on being a Pirlo. He has all the tools in his locker to sit deep and spray the ball around. Arrive late in the box and get his goals from distance.

For being so technically gifted he has always frustrated me with his ability to wiggle past people. He more often than not is dispossessed when under pressure, especially when in and around the box. He just doesn’t have the quick feet/agility to be a AM in this league. The sooner Dele comes back the better as he will allow Eriksen to drop deeper.

Eriksen Winks Sissoko
Dele kane Son

Edit: people might disagree and bring up some plays and goals where he does shift in and around the box to bang in a goal. I know, he does the remarkable sometimes, but I feel his biggest asset is seeing the pitch in front of him and setting people up. I don’t want him to be a Basquets, I want him to be a Xavi or Pirlo.

I see him more as a CM than a AM. He lacks pace and dribbling ability to be a real attacking threat. For me he needs to focus on being a Pirlo. He has all the tools in his locker to sit deep and spray the ball around. Arrive late in the box and get his goals from distance.

For being so technically gifted he has always frustrated me with his ability to wiggle past people. He more often than not is dispossessed when under pressure, especially when in and around the box. He just doesn’t have the quick feet/agility to be a AM in this league. The sooner Dele comes back the better as he will allow Eriksen to drop deeper.

Eriksen Winks Sissoko
Dele kane Son

Edit: people might disagree and bring up some plays and goals where he does shift in and around the box to bang in a goal. I know, he does the remarkable sometimes, but I feel his biggest asset is seeing the pitch in front of him and setting people up. I don’t want him to be a Basquets, I want him to be a Xavi or Pirlo.

Midfield 3 of Eriksen/Winks/Dele would be fine enough.

Put Lucas alongside Kane and Son.

Midfield 3 of Eriksen/Winks/Dele would be fine enough.

Put Lucas alongside Kane and Son.

I agree on the three. One of our best games was Pool last year where Dele sat deepee. I just like him running off Kanes shoulder and occupying another CB. He does this better than Son and in the end gives Son more space on the wings. I am not in love with Lucas and would like to see Hudson Odoi or someone else come in. Lucas also has some political views that don’t represent the club ethos IMO.

Sissoko does less than Eriksen every week, and last two games he’s been fucking turgid, even by his own low standards. Why is he not getting dropped from Your starting 11?

Because Poch picks the team thank fuck and rates him
Clearly

Doesn’t have an agenda like you do

Boring now

Eriksen Winks Sissoko
Dele kane Son

What he chronically lacks is tenacity and upper body aggression. Hence why he gets dispossesed too easily. Like him but that aspect of his game drives me mad - so weak and feeble at times.

Yeah, we’re playing really good football aren’t we?

About thirty seconds into today’s game and you were calling Trippier a cunt, so fuck off with your agenda hypocrisy you silly twat.

No

You boring negative cunt

Surprised you stooping so low with personal abuse though I must admit

I was calling Trippier a cunt on Wednesday and amazed he played today

Did I say that we were playing good football recently?
Cunto

Back
Top Bottom