Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well playing Eriksen because I’m forced to is hardly the glowing endorsement.
He could have been dropped weeks ago....injuries don’t matter.

We could have entire squad fit, and in form, and Eriksen keeps his place no matter how poor his form is. You know that, it’s just Poch in a nutshell, and the general consensus here. Basically people think Eriksen playing poorly is better than Winks or Lamela playing well. It’s pathetic
But this is the reality you are faced with, the same one the manager is. That reality still needs to be addressed, who do you pick given the injuries to the team? Do you still leave him out the side for the weekend?

He was injured earlier in the season (abdominal) and missed games and it wasn't until late November he finally was back starting games, with him playing 90 minutes just twice since overcoming the problem in mid-October.

Again, why did you select Tripps? Why did you not drop him as you would Eriksen? If your policy is to drop a player after a poor performance how do you square that selection with the rest of the team? Is he undroppable, is he one of your favourites, one of your undroppable players? Made all the more scandalous given that there are TWO fit RB's that can just be selected instead, no injury juggling to be done here.

I'd love to drop Eriksen tomorrow to be honest.

But considering the news about Winks and Dier and Dele still isn't fit. We are basically forced to carry him.

HOPEFULLY he does show up. Because when he does, he's a joy to watch. If you can't get up for a NLD then you're at the wrong club.
I think he should drop him. Very poor attitude bringing the team down. Poch show some Sarri charachter and drop him haha. Make them fight for the shirt and pride. As you say if they can't get up for the NLD. We need to realise these are not loyal people they are mercenaries.

I think he should drop him. Very poor attitude bringing the team down. Poch show some Sarri charachter and drop him haha. Make them fight for the shirt and pride. As you say if they can't get up for the NLD. We need to realise these are not loyal people they are mercenaries.

Are we seriously talking about dropping Eriksen when Winks may not be fit, Dele isn't fit and Kane has only just returned?

Would we rather see Lucas, Lamela, Son & Kane up top instead? Absolutely no chance Eriksen should not play if he isn't fit he's very important even when he isn't hitting his normal levels

Comment's (almost) as stupid as your prospective line up for tomorrow.

You missed out N'koudou - I'm sure there's a recall clause in his loan agreement. We could play him instead of Trippier - everyone thinks he's rubbish?

Can you shed a bit of light on playing Winks in an AM role? I think he played there last for the under 13s.
Winks looks like he is definitely worth a start as attacking midfield. Aggressive and plays with pride. He still looks 13 to me.

But this is the reality you are faced with, the same one the manager is. That reality still needs to be addressed, who do you pick given the injuries to the team? Do you still leave him out the side for the weekend?

He was injured earlier in the season (abdominal) and missed games and it wasn't until late November he finally was back starting games, with him playing 90 minutes just twice since overcoming the problem in mid-October.

Again, why did you select Tripps? Why did you not drop him as you would Eriksen? If your policy is to drop a player after a poor performance how do you square that selection with the rest of the team? Is he undroppable, is he one of your favourites, one of your undroppable players? Made all the more scandalous given that there are TWO fit RB's that can just be selected instead, no injury juggling to be done here.

I think Trippier is better than Aurier, I wouldn’t mind which RB plays to be honest they are all almost par for me.
KWP could be a revelation or a disaster tomorrow....they all could, that’s their level.
Swap Trippier for KWP if you want, I don’t care if Dier plays RB tomorrow if fit.

Why are people all so obsessed with Trippier and Sissoko?
You can think Trippier is “SHIT”......it doesn’t mean Eriksen is playing well. The two things aren’t related.

I don’t care he had an injury in October, he’s played every week since then and should be hitting consistent form. But that’s the problem isn’t it......he’s never performed at the top of his game for a sustained period...the other day I dug out posts from 2014 and 2015 and I was making the EXACT same observations.

World class on his day, but his day is only for half the season, its the same every year and people fawn and make excuses all the time.

I’d happily drop him, you wouldn’t, and that’s that. You don’t have to keep making different scenarios as to why I have to want him to play and shoehorn my views by making out everyone else is crap or injured.

I’d play Moura, Skipp, Lamela, Wanyama or whoever ahead of him tomorrow take your pick, I don’t give a toss really, the geezer has been a fucking let down.

Last edited:
Would probably produce more goals and chances than Lamela.

Lamela has played like 150 games in the PL and he's scored 14 goals and 21 assists. Playing for a top 3 team as an attacker - those are shocking figures.

Eriksen scores and assists more every year than Lamela has in his entire career, they're not playing in the same division. Completely incomparable.

Eriksen playing shit is worse than Lamela playing well.

Maybe you think that’s an impossibility but if you do it just shows the levels people are stooping to in denial

I think Trippier is better than Aurier, I wouldn’t mind which RB plays to be honest they are all almost par for me.
KWP could be a revelation or a disaster tomorrow....they all could, that’s their level.
Swap Trippier for KWP if you want, I don’t care if Dier plays RB tomorrow if fit.

Why are people all so obsessed with Trippier and Sissoko?
You can think Trippier is “SHIT”......it doesn’t mean Eriksen is playing well. The two things aren’t related.

I don’t care he had an injury in October, he’s played every week since then and should be hitting consistent form. But that’s the problem isn’t it......he’s never performed at the top of his game for a sustained period...the other day I dug out posts from 2014 and 2015 and I was making the EXACT same observations.

World class on his day, but his day is only for half the season, its the same every year and people fawn and make excuses all the time.

I’d happily drop him, you wouldn’t, and that’s that. You don’t have to keep making different scenarios as to why I have to want him to play and shoehorn my views by making out everyone else is crap or injured.

I’d play Moura, Skipp, Lamela, Wanyama or whoever ahead of him tomorrow take your pick, I don’t give a toss really, the geezer has been a fucking let down.
The point is you think Eriksen is playing shit, so you want him dropped, just as you did Dele and other players you list, because they haven't been dropped you then blame Poch for having undroppable players no matter how they play. If this misinterprets your position I apologise if I've got it wrong.

I picked you up on your Tripps selection in your side you chose because after a shithouse clusterfuck of a game you would select him, by your own standards I queried your selection of him, given your complaint specifically of Eriksen and the reason why you are wanting him dropped. I was attempting to show your selection as hypocritical, given how utterly shit Tripps has been (not just against Chelsea). No other reason I brought that into the discussion.

No, I wouldn't happily drop him, the main reason is even when he's not playing as well as he can he's fucking miles better than any alternative, we don't have a like for like replacement but we can adapt with the inclusion of Lamela, OH fuck he's been injured, maybe why that's why Poch is picking him in his place?

You would put Winks a DM/CM to replace Eriksen, a position he's never played in his life! I'd argue a 50% in form Eriksen might be better than a 100% fit Winks as our number 10, exactly the same rationale why I wouldn't pick Moura/Skipp to play his role either.

The final element is Eriksen is absolutely nowhere near to playing like as shit as you are making out to be, we shut down Chelsea's creative players on Wednesday, just as they shut our down, hence only 1 shot on target was managed all game between both sides, it was one of those games, a tactical stalemate.

.............................Lloris

Trippier.............Toby..........Jan.........Davies

................Sissoko........Wanyama/Dier

.............................Winks

Lamela.......................................Son

........................Kane

I’d be more than happy to try that, and people can pick as many holes in it as they want, couldnt really care less. If you’re honest, that’s pretty balanced and Winks is far more pro active and aggressive than Eriksen.

With Dele back we could even just swap out him and Eriksen.

Options galore if people stop pretending everyone is shit
That team would not work. Only sissoko and son have pace on that team. In the premier league slow teams get murdered mate. Which reminds me, we really need a right back

Sorry this whole sequence of posts must be a wind-up. I'm afraid I can't take it seriously and will not be responding again.

Are you sure you're not experiencing a mental breakdown? Not that I'm a neurologist but I'd get yourself down the doctors (before 12.30 tomorrow)

Yeah maybe if we had Hudson Odoi we could drop Eriksen and win the CL

Aggressive and plays with pride

Again, not sure if this is serious. I can be aggressive and I'd certainly play with pride. Should I take my boots along? Personally I'd want a bit more, you know, tackling, heading, marking - those high level skills we seek in a PL footballer.

This is the NLD and you're seriously suggesting playing Winks in an advanced midfield position just behind Kane?

Anyway the decision may be taken out of your hands as he may be injured. If he is (in my view), straight swap for Skipp. Skipp and Sissoko in midfield.

You play players in the position that they're used to and know what to do and how to react instinctively. I'd don't want Winks to turn to Kane after their first goal and ask if he should have picked up Guendouzi!

No experiments, just 3 points, as I said in the match thread, anyway..anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom