Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he was really good today....don’t even blame him for the miss in the first half.
How am I a hypocrite? I would have dropped him, I’m glad we didn’t and he was pretty pivotal today.
I dm t hold agandas and I don’t pretend he’s crap when he’s done well.

I judge Eriksen on Eriksen.
I don’t judge Eriksen on Trippier.
Just address the arguments that bc make instead of pawning it off saying "he's shit". Fair enough you want him dropped, but that's not what my comment is about

Just address the arguments that bc make instead of pawning it off saying "he's shit". Fair enough you want him dropped, but you completely ignore any argument bc makes. Just address them

I’ve addressed them.

My point is that Eriksen isnt playing as well as he has in previous years.
That’s my point, and I don’t care who agrees with me or doesn’t.

He made up for it a bit today, with some grit and determination, and actullay looked better when he went even deeper with Rose in the middle.

I don’t care about bc and his essays, they bore me. I know for a fact if you or anyone else had a choice of this seasons Eriksen or two years ago Eriksen who you’d pick.

Printing off data and pretending you prefer him now doesn’t change the fact.
If you want improvement then the old Eriksen would improve us.

I’ve addressed them.

My point is that Eriksen isnt playing as well as he has in previous years.
That’s my point, and I don’t care who agrees with me or doesn’t.

He made up for it a bit today, with some grit and determination, and actullay looked better when he went even deeper with Rose in the middle.

I don’t care about bc and his essays, they bore me. I know for a fact if you or anyone else had a choice of this seasons Eriksen or two years ago Eriksen who you’d pick.

Printing off data and pretending you prefer him now doesn’t change the fact.
If you want improvement then the old Eriksen would improve us.
You haven't addressed anything. Bc substantiates his arguments unlike you who just says "he's shit". You don't care for data but you define a players ability from their goals and assists, but only when it suits your narrative. When it doesn't you use the "eye test". Mate, at least be consistent in your bullshit. Everybody here knows you're a bit dim, but come on

You haven't addressed anything. Bc substantiates his arguments unlike you who just says "he's shit". You don't care for data but you define a players ability from their goals and assists, but only when it suits your narrative. When it doesn't you use the "eye test". Mate, at least be consistent in your bullshit. Everybody here knows you're a bit dim, but come on

Of course I use eye tests as well as stats.
That gives balance.

Someone could have better assists stats than Walker for example.
Maybe I should post them 50 times a day.

Oh no, bus conductor already does that when ripping Walker to pieces and saying Trippier is the far superior player.
Maybe you could take that up with him....awkward

For me, Eriksen is both a victim of the central midfield not being up to scratch (so his service wasn't exactly fantastic today) and generally underperforming compared to his usual levels.

The frustrating thing is that it makes certain unwanted aspects to his game (being poor in physical challenges despite covering so much ground) more glaring.

Being undroppable and also having no other creative source to share the burden in a single game (so easily being marked out) is such a shit combination. Honestly, we'd be so much better off if we had Grealish as an option to be subbed on for him or play alongside.

For me, Eriksen is both a victim of the central midfield not being up to scratch (so his service wasn't exactly fantastic today) and generally underperforming compared to his usual levels.

The frustrating thing is that it makes certain unwanted aspects to his game (being poor in physical challenges despite covering so much ground) more glaring.

Being undroppable and also having no other creative source to share the burden in a single game (so easily being marked out) is such a shit combination. Honestly, we'd be so much better off if we had Grealish as an option to be subbed on for him or play alongside.

Constantly dropping Christian back into midfield has really done a number on his season I feel. He's got to be the one that orchestrates the movement and flow. If we can get him, Dele, Son & Kane on a pitch together again sharpish we'll start to get things moving along nicely again. 38 times we haven't been able to play our front 4 together this season. Unbelievable Jeff

Sorry but in what way did he give a decent account?
You're obviously new here - it's considered treason to disagree with me!
That's my opinion, he was more involved than he has been for a while, he actually looked bothered for a change.
I make my opinion as I see it live, without replays or commentators telling me what I should be seeing or thinking.

That's my opinion, he was more involved than he has been for a while, he actually looked bothered for a change.
I make my opinion as I see it live, without replays or commentators telling me what I should be seeing or thinking.

He was far more mobile, wanting the ball, meeting to make stuff happen etc. Personally Mrs P I think Lamela came on for Big Vic and Eriksen dropped a little deeper we saw less of his value. If anyone has been effected most by a lack of a midfield signing giving others freedom it's been Christian

Last edited:
If he's going there, I would rather just have the money than taking on an injury-prone player, who is past his best, will demand a huge salary and will upset the status quo, IMO.

Don’t think we can afford his wages.

The nostalgic fool inside me does want him back but I do realise he will disrupt - he’d probably want to be the main man again if he returns.

Funnied it but thats a great way to put the heat mappers to bed.....the true eye test.

Now Ive been on his back, but I have to agree he was better yesterday

If he's going there, I would rather just have the money than taking on an injury-prone player, who is past his best, will demand a huge salary and will upset the status quo, IMO.

Disagree here though....sorry love, dont set Mick on me now

:allitongue:

I reckon Bale for Eriksen and we win the title....even mentioned it the other month
Keeping Trippier, and replacing say Eriksen with Bale would make us champions.

I also believe the rumours are bullshit sadly

Disagree here though....sorry love, dont set Mick on me now

:allitongue:

I reckon Bale for Eriksen and we win the title....even mentioned it the other month

I also believe the rumours are bullshit sadly
Seriously, I don't really expect everyone to agree with me, after all, I certainly don't agree with every post on here, but I don't bother pressing the disagree button, as I find it such a negative exercise.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching Bale in a Spurs shirt as much as anyone, but I believe it would be going backwards and don't think he's up to the rigours of regular EPL games.
:dierpochhug:
PS I can fight my own battles!
:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom