Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope he puts pen to paper and stays. He is a bit like Dele or most footballers in general that go through phases of brilliance and invisibility. One thing he hasn't had to worry about for a long time is squad depth. If he gets his dream move to RM in spite of their injuries they still have acres of depth. Throw in an impatient fanbase and a meddling president and it could turn into a fun trip.

Great player for us, absolutely love the man, but time for him to move on if you ask me.

Needed to sign a contract already. He's dicked around too much and is losing the goodwill of the club and fans. It's time to go and let us get a half decent fee. It'll be a wasted year for everyone if he sees his contract out.

Becoming another 'Aaron Ramsey' in Tottenham's uniform.

Better sell him quickly or it is very likely that he will wait another season to use Bosman rule to get one last big fat contract and Tottenham lose more than 50M worth player for nothing.

Please do something ASAP, the tranfer window shuts down in about a week.
Fucking uniform?

Get in the sea.

I think Daniel definitely took his eye off the ball last season. Understandable with all the crap he had to deal with the move to the new stadium. Eriksen was poor after Xmas so it’s pointless keeping him. Even if we just get 50-60m. It will pay for his replacement.
Once he said he wanted a change..just get as much as we can and off he goes.

As one of our most creative and valuable players, I'd be devastated to see him go.
Another case of one step forward, two back.
We should be offering a contract befitting of the world class talent he is. An offer he can't refuse.
Having spent fuck all on new players for nearly 2 years surely we can afford to keep our best ones here.

No problem, these are the minutes per goal/assist

Moura 178

Alli 212

Eriksen 145

Eriksen was not a fucking AM for at least 21 of his games last season where he played LM8/RM8/CM- in those games he still notched up 12 goals and assists.

Sissoko only played 7 games as a DM this season, 28 as a CM/RM8 notching up 4 assists. In 17/18 he played 4 games as a DM, 30 games as a CM/RM8/LM8 and 6 as an AM and managed 3 goal/assists in all of those games. In 16/17 he played no games as a DM, 28 games as an CM/RM and 2 as an AM and notched up the princely sum of 4 assists.

So lets just compare the games where Eriksen and Sissoko have played CM/RM/LM - in one season of 21 games as a CM/RM/LM Eriksen totalled 12 from those positions. In three seasons 84 games as a CM/LM/RM and 10 as an AM - Sissoko managed a combined 11 (and only one of them was a League or CL goal).

And just to convert those appearances into minutes for fairer parity, Sissoko has played 5841 PL and CL minutes, with all but a handful of them in CM/RM (or even AM) positions.

And please don't come back at me with bollocks about Sissoko sacrificing some offensive contribution for defensive duties, because he tackles and intercepts the same rate as Eriksen does, he presses less and his pressing yields less turnovers. He's played a grand total of 11 games as a DM in those three years and his remit (bought as an AM/8 - very much not as a DM) was always to transition the ball forwards as well as routine CM stuff without the ball that any CM's are supposed to do.

Eriksen and Sissoko are massively different players but as CM/RM/LM neither are great defensively and they are both expected to contribute offensively. One has, one hasn't.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think Daniel definitely took his eye off the ball last season. Understandable with all the crap he had to deal with the move to the new stadium. Eriksen was poor after Xmas so it’s pointless keeping him. Even if we just get 50-60m. It will pay for his replacement.
Once he said he wanted a change..just get as much as we can and off he goes.
I agree we should take 50 million pounds over letting him run his contract down.

I disagree vehemently with he “was poor after Xmas so it’s pointless to keep him.” Eriksen has gone through plenty of slumps where he’s played worse than usual over part of a season. And every single time, a few people seem to think that means he’s done and his temporary poor form will be his form forever. It’s baffling.

As one of our most creative and valuable players, I'd be devastated to see him go.
Another case of one step forward, two back.
We should be offering a contract befitting of the world class talent he is. An offer he can't refuse.
Having spent fuck all on new players for nearly 2 years surely we can afford to keep our best ones here.

Utterly moronic .... so what's this magical contract look like? ... and what will you do when Kane, Son, Winks, Dier, Sisssoko, Dele and the rest all put in transfer requests if they don't get the same "offer they can't refuse" new contract as well? do you ever think your posts through?

JT this quite possibly might be your most stupidest post ever ... and with the amount of utter shit you post that takes some doing ... you ineptitude continues to amaze

As for people agreeing? I guess you're just taking the piss right?

he may not be "world class" but he is our best creative player, only he & Kane can see those instant passes, we need to keep him and add another creator so we can play 2 midfield creators or allow one to rest every few games

What concerns me greatly is that Eriksen is such a moody player. I don't know about anyone else but I can almost predict how he will play all game after the first five minutes. He is either hungrily looking for the ball and an opportunity to create something with it or simply not interested and just passed it aimlessly to a team mate.
On his day he can be superb and a thrill to watch but he can also switch off. My big worry is if he's heading towards a free transfer which Eriksen will turn up the most for us in the season ahead.

Just to reiterate.

Eriksen was not crap last season.

We lost Dembele and replaced with Sissoko.

Dembele can skip past players and play an inch perfect forward pass.
Sissoko can barge into players and win the ball; but can only pass to the guy right next to him.

If I'm Eriksen I know I need to drop deeper to get the ball; since Sissoko won't be playing any clever passes.

So, as an opposition coach I know that there is really no need to mark Sissoko very closely. I should focus my efforts on marking passing lanes to Eriksen. This will force Sissoko to pass it backwards or sideways.

As a result, Eriksen is stuck playing deep and set upon by 2 players each time he gets the ball - giving him very little time to pick out a pass to anyone that isn't Sissoko.

Just to reiterate.

Eriksen was not crap last season.

We lost Dembele and replaced with Sissoko.

Dembele can skip past players and play an inch perfect forward pass.
Sissoko can barge into players and win the ball; but can only pass to the guy right next to him.

If I'm Eriksen I know I need to drop deeper to get the ball; since Sissoko won't be playing any clever passes.

So, as an opposition coach I know that there is really no need to mark Sissoko very closely. I should focus my efforts on marking passing lanes to Eriksen. This will force Sissoko to pass it backwards or sideways.

As a result, Eriksen is stuck playing deep and set upon by 2 players each time he gets the ball - giving him very little time to pick out a pass to anyone that isn't Sissoko.
Very good points.

6 years at Spurs. That's disrespectful. He has worked hard for the team, scored goals and made assists. He has every right to try something new if that's what he wants.

Maybe the club should have made better offers to keep him. He has never been anywhere near one of the higher paid players at Spurs.
According to him its nowt to do with money, but wanting a new challenge, to try something new.

What concerns me greatly is that Eriksen is such a moody player. I don't know about anyone else but I can almost predict how he will play all game after the first five minutes. He is either hungrily looking for the ball and an opportunity to create something with it or simply not interested and just passed it aimlessly to a team mate.
On his day he can be superb and a thrill to watch but he can also switch off. My big worry is if he's heading towards a free transfer which Eriksen will turn up the most for us in the season ahead.
I get what people mean BUT you have to consider the guy is playing the most difficult role in football, it's really not that straight forward creating amazing chances and banging in 25 yard screamers on a weekly basis. Agree with some others who've pointed out his regular position changes (that don't suit him as much) and not having as many options around him last season with the team being bare bones have affected him. Personally I think he works his bollox off and he's come to our rescue on more than one occasion (Brighton game at home was a prime example), love him.

As for people agreeing? I guess you're just taking the piss right?
People are agreeing because, well, they agree with me I guess. And I'm making a deadly serious point.
If world class talents like Toby and Chris would rather run their contracts down than stay at one of the wealthiest, best supported clubs in Europe and perrenial CL players in London then questions should be asked why? Why can't we convince these players to stay at Tottenham Hotspur?
And as Levy clearly values them as elite players, why is he not offering a contract representative of that?
All serious questions that serious fans should be asking. Not brushing under the carpet like you!

People are agreeing because, well, they agree with me I guess. And I'm making a deadly serious point.
If world class talents like Toby and Chris would rather run their contracts down than stay at one of the wealthiest, best supported clubs in Europe and perrenial CL players in London then questions should be asked why? Why can't we convince these players to stay at Tottenham Hotspur?
And as Levy clearly values them as elite players, why is he not offering a contract representative of that?
All serious questions that serious fans should be asking. Not brushing under the carpet like you!

Open up that pea sized brain of yours and look at this list of real world class talent all who decided to leave one big club for another ... when Neynmar moved was that because Barcelona couldn't convince him to stay? or when Coutinho left Liverpool, or Griezmann left Atletico, or Pogba left Juventus, or Ronaldo left Real Madrid ....

Or is it just maybe that once again you're creating a fake reality simply to fit your trolling needs?
And as Levy clearly values them as elite players, why is he not offering a contract representative of that
Can you cut and paste Levy's contract offer, you obviously know what Levy offered otherwise that line is total bullshit ... it isn't is it?

Players aren't slaves, if Eriksen, just like all those world class players listed above, decides he wants a new challenge there is fuck all we or any other big club can do .... only a complete dick can't grasp that reality.

are you a complete dick? It's a rhetorical question I believe we all already know the answer ......

The fact is Eriksen is still here ... so just what does that tell you?

Back
Top Bottom