Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At this rate we may as well have just done a direct swap deal with Betis for GLC...

Viva España and all that....

Hypothetically if we gave Eriksen £300, 000 for 4 years that would equate to 62.4 million, what would a replacement cost? Probably at least 40 million transfer fee and 100k a week which would give you a total outlay of 60.8 million.

I know there is some downsides to this but it's an interesting thought.

If we use that theory on every player we should give Kane £500 k a week

Im not dressing it up. Logged in today for the first time since Saturday and had FORTY SIX alerts....the people have spoken, deal with it.

Eriksen wasn’t brilliant, he was doing what he should be doing.....controlling a midfield after a formation change that suits the whole team, against a Champo outfit.

And even if he was, I couldn’t care less. Cop out or not...so what? It’s a public forum, and there’s an ignore function, so everyone is able to have a Sammy free experience if they want.

The tragedy is that no one wants that though do they. Otherwise I’d be on ignore.

Anyway, how about try and stay on topic for 2 seconds......aren’t you one of the model pupils around here...

I'm proud of you. Surprised you lasted that long

Haven't caught up with the thread as I've been away all week but I know if I look back a few pages there will be a ridiculous overreaction to Eriksen coming on late and playing a few passes. If Lucas and/or Kane had taken any of their first half chances then the Eriksen discussion doesn't even happen. As you've mentioned, fresh legs vs any knackered Championship legs are going to look good but I urge people to remember back to last season when we really needed him, sometime around the end of May, for example.

Here's a stat for you guys:

2019/20 assists:

Sissoko - 1
Eriksen - 0

:eriksenserious:
giphy.gif

We’re obviously a stronger team with him in the squad. Failed to turn up a lot last season but does have match winning performances in him. If he signs a new contract without it being a crazy amount I’m ok with that (not that it’s my decision). Needs to win a few of us around I feel

2019/20 assists:

Sissoko - 1

An interesting point that one because last season when it was all about stats I posted this

Eriksen has been toilet in some games yet scored or assisted or both.
Some games he’s done neither and been brilliant.

It’s ironic that you are so stats driven, because Eriksen could have the best season in his career, creatively, opening up play for others, having a 3rd or 4th hand in 90% of our goals, releasing the rest of the attack, dominating the midfield, controlling play, yet scoring 2 goals and getting 1 assist.

And to you that would be a shit season for him.....because “the graph doesn’t lie”.

Well he didn’t score or assist against Villa but played very well.
Yet people can’t except that you can have a shit game yet come away with an assist or a goal...ie Eriksen last season.

Well anyway, he did a stellar job last week, despite the level of the opposition and for me earned a start against City...we’ll have to wait and see what Poch makes of the transfer talks this week (if true) and if he wants to persist with phasing him out.
Hopefully he can have an influence against tougher oppo, but I’m sure if he doesn’t, it will be someone else’s fault, or “City put 8 men on him”.

I think this is related to Eriksen...

Basically, says that James may stay put at Real now. I think I read Athletico were between James and Eriksen in terms of getting a creative midfielder. If James stays at Real then I think Eriksen may go to AM.

Not being funny but if Eriksen would rather try his luck at Atletico Madrid than stay at Spurs I would think less of him. Real Madrid or Barcelona I understand but Atletico would be a weak choice when you consider the upheaval that's gone on there this summer.

Eriksen has his off days, sometimes he goes missing, I think we can all acknowledge that. I just think despite the new signings we'll still need him this season.

If only everyone were as balanced as you. Eriksen has periods where he's poor but one good game back and all of a sudden the world class train is back in the station.

I've never seen a Spurs player in my time overrated more than Eriksen but it's probably just down to the lack of creativity within our squad during his time here. Hopefully GLC, although not a direct replacement, can offer some of it going forward and the majority can stop believing the world will end when comrade Christian leaves.

Back
Top Bottom