Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If only everyone were as balanced as you. Eriksen has periods where he's poor but one good game back and all of a sudden the world-class train is back in the station.

I've never seen a Spurs player in my time overrated more than Eriksen but it's probably just down to the lack of creativity within our squad during his time here. Hopefully, GLC, although not a direct replacement, can offer some of it going forward and the majority can stop believing the world will end when comrade Christian leaves.
I agree, that some do overrate him, but it is also very clear that some here also underrate him.
He is world-class, just the lower tier of WC class players IMO - I think he would die off in Madrid, might do good at Barca. But he is best suited to staying put.

As much as you accuse others of overrating him, you and a few others should be the last to talk, as you seem less than objective when rating him, and recency bias seems big with you lot as well, but only when it suits your "agenda" - I remember when he first signed here, some actually thought he was overrated even then - A few saying Lamela and Holtby were classes above him, and that they would rather have Willian :D Some of those posters, are still active today - So excuse me for calling BS!

1. Eriksen played well not brilliantly.

2. The people I have good debate with don’t think it was a good reason to leave.

3. I had a think and thought fuck you.

Hahaha beyond pathetic.

Didn’t expect you to last that long, however. I mean, what did you do for 5 days with 8 extra hours freed up everyday?

One only has so much skin on his palms.

Jenas suggesting we should let Eriksen go for free next year unless we get 50m+. Admire the thought, but Levy isn’t letting him walk for free...
If he guarantees us the league, both cups and the champions league as well 2 league wins against Woolwich, plus knocking them out of the FA cup in the 3rd round, 2 league wins against west ham and knocking them out in the FA cup semi final, i would be open to that arrangement...

I don't think he'll get his fantasy move this summer.... Whether or not he leaves next summer is another matter entirely.

I've never seen a Spurs player in my time overrated more than Eriksen but it's probably just down to the lack of creativity within our squad during his time here.
Never?

Yes, he is flawed, but he is also the brains of the operation. And, yes, I agree that there has been a lack of creativity in our squad throughout his time here.

I have to say I’m not pissed with the geezer. He’s played a pretty straight bat through out and he made one clumsy comment that didn’t sit well but it’s tricky to be honest without it causing some offence

He blew Utd out He wants either of the top 2 Spanish sides or maybe at a push PSG or Juve

Money really doesn’t seem his motivation

I do think it’s effected his potency on the pitch and this is why I’d like to see it put to bed in any manner that gives him his focus back

This might be to give us all he’s got this season and off on a free when it’s done

I don't want eriksen to leave but it's a shame that we couldn't have done a deal that saw him go to juventus with dybala coming the other way, but with those image rights deal's maybe it was just a step too far for the club to do and can't say I blame them.

Jenas suggesting we should let Eriksen go for free next year unless we get 50m+. Admire the thought, but Levy isn’t letting him walk for free...
Why do people persist with this misunderstanding. Levy may well try harder to broker a deal than normal. But if no one is buying (where he wants to go). Then levy can do absolutely nothing more than offer a contract

Eriksen has all the right and there fore power to decline it and go free at the end of it

Sometime we have to rise above the money. Eriksen has given 5 very good years. He wants to go RM, but looks like their priority lay elsewhere and won't pay 50M+... seems like only way he can latch on to RM is via free transfer. If that is the case, make it clear we are willing to let him walk next year. He seems unsettled since early Feb this year. Perhaps knowing he has the support of the management, he will be re-focused, give us another great season, and see him off to RM on free transfer next year. It is not like he is looking to engineer move away from us only 2 seasons after we have paid massive transfer fee to acquire him. We paid what.. 6.4 mil to Ajax?

Sometime we have to rise above the money. Eriksen has given 5 very good years. He wants to go RM, but looks like their priority lay elsewhere and won't pay 50M+... seems like only way he can latch on to RM is via free transfer. If that is the case, make it clear we are willing to let him walk next year. He seems unsettled since early Feb this year. Perhaps knowing he has the support of the management, he will be re-focused, give us another great season, and see him off to RM on free transfer next year. It is not like he is looking to engineer move away from us only 2 seasons after we have paid massive transfer fee to acquire him. We paid what.. 6.4 mil to Ajax?
12. But that’s not really the point

On our bottom line he’s a valuable asset

You only take that line of thinking when you’re trying to philosophise your way out of a bad break

Back
Top Bottom