Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is the difference between players like Hazard and Eriksen. Hazard wins you a trophy and a 3rd place finish in his last year with the club while giving the club an additional 90 million for the club to spend to strengthen the squad. Whereas Eriksen leaves us zilch because he refuses to renew.

Huh? We tried to sell Eriksen but none of his preferred clubs were interested in paying a transfer fee. The only way he can get to play for them is by running his contract down.

The difference between Hazard and Eriksen is Hazard is a better player so can get clubs like Real Madrid to spend big money on him.

People are still fawning Over Gareth Bale and he actually downed tools before fucking off to Real Madrid.

Did he? Genuine question. I seem to remember his last season being the one where he almost single handedly carried us. My memory isn't great but I remember going to a pre season friendly (Colchester I think) where he didn't play as he was "injured" and then at the end of the TW I remember him walking around in a pink t shirt and SSN were saying he's off to Madrid.

Huh? We tried to sell Eriksen but none of his preferred clubs were interested in paying a transfer fee. The only way he can get to play for them is by running his contract down.

The difference between Hazard and Eriksen is Hazard is a better player so can get clubs like Real Madrid to spend big money on him.

Eriksen could have signed and been sold anyway.
The only reason no one one is paying is because he’s already told them he won’t sign and can leave for free next summer.

Don’t be naive, we all know the game.
You think his agent is talking his client out of a deal that could net him some 20M quid.
And Eriksen a deal that could double whatever wage he would have got if a club was forced to spend 90M on him?

Wake up man

mirror4.jpg

Not there....please not there.
I don't see why he would take a step down professionally and it's not about the wages it seems. I'd be shocked if he went there tbh.

I don't see why he would take a step down professionally and it's not about the wages it seems. I'd be shocked if he went there tbh.

If he goes anywhere fcuk him.

No longer our player at a time when we are really showing some direction and impetus (sort) so why care?

I get it that players want new challenges at times but he would have to be better than he has ever been with us for Real to want his services.

They all acted like cunts.....Bale royally shafted AVB by not turning up for training

"(We) gave the player the weekend off, Monday was a day off for the squad, obviously he is involved in a big transfer move to Real Madrid, in the end if it happens we wish him all the best," Villas-Boas told reporters on Wednesday.

"He left here with great memories and the fact that he hasn't turned up, I don't think it is the correct behaviour, but in the end that's the position of pressure and... that's the position that he chose to take.

"It's up to the club now to decide if it's a fineable offence."

That reads he really wanted to leave and we didn't let him to me. Depending on Zidane I think he will be RM either Jan or summer - I don't see Zidane being there by Christmas.

Which part?

...He doesn't suggest anything afaic.

"I wish I could decide myself, like you can do in the [computer game] Football Manager, but I can’t do that sadly "

he can decide himself if he wanted to stay.

How did you get from that to 'the club prevented my move'....?

Getting really pissed off with the way more and more people opt to vilify the club as their first resort.

He only wants 1 of 3 clubs in the world.... None of them are reported to have made offers.... Yet we're blocking his dream move?

Nah, not for me.

How did you get from that to 'the club prevented my move'....?

Getting really pissed off with the way more and more people opt to vilify the club as their first resort.

He only wants 1 of 3 clubs in the world.... None of them are reported to have made offers.... Yet we're blocking his dream move?

Nah, not for me.
ok I meant didn't let him as in over priced him - the main point i was trying to make is he wants /wanted to move on rather than sign a new contract (post i responded to ) - it wasn't meant as a dig on the club just that its unlikely he will sign a new contract with those quotes backing it up.

Not there....please not there.

I used to think that but they're so shit that actually, him going there and watching them slide down the table might be rather enjoyable.

ok I meant didn't let him as in over priced him - the main point i was trying to make is he wants /wanted to move on rather than sign a new contract (post i responded to ) - it wasn't meant as a dig on the club just that its unlikely he will sign a new contract with those quotes backing it up.

What you imply speaks ill of us none the less.

Again... We didn't overprice him... If Hazard was worth 100m in his last year why isn't CE worth 50m?

Seemingly United would have paid it... The clubs he wants didn't want him enough that's all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom