Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don’t believe the thinking that a deal between him and RM has already been done then
He’s just got to keep fit, run around and avoid injury
Deal might even include Poch for all we know

That is an interesting line of thinking. Even if he was trying for us I don’t think he is good enough anymore

Is it really that hard for people the grasp that Poch wants the sack and Eriksen wants to leave.
Poch playing Eriksen, who is deliberately playing catastrophically bad every game is getting him closer to what he wants.
I actually think Eriksen will sit tomorrow out just because Poch cares enough to not get us knocked out of the Chanpions league before he gets himself sacked.

This is what is happening. I've no doubt if Levy didn't have to pay him 3 or 4 years salary he'd have gone weeks ago. And that's why Levy is no better for the club.

I believe you may be right. However it could backfire because a good run in the CL may actually prevent him being sacked

He's been on th decline since he lost the ability to take a poxy corner. There's a video on YouTube floating around about the percentage benefits of a corner which should be taken lightly but it has an interesting stat I couldn't ignore and that was the worst corners won to first man not beaten ratio in the who,e League. The main perpetrator, Christian Eriksen. Completely unacceptable and he's been stumbling and bumping along ever since.

Edit here's the video- skip to 3 minutes in for a shocking stat for both Eriksen & Spurs. The guy failed to beat the first mate on 66% of corners taken. A huge, huge let down:

Can see corners becoming more relevant with VAR. Attacking players just need to push and shove, chances are they will get a penalty once in a while.

I don't believe Eriksen is playing bad on purpose. Let's just be honest here, he's never been the type of a player who could pull the team out of shit when needed, you would expect him to score a free-kick or two from time to time but he never took on players, he never made that fantasy pass that'd make you think where the hell did he pull that from. So he was more like a "stats" player, you expected him to create some chances, maybe top the assists charts but that's it.
That being said, I think it could be the case where he's simply lost his touch. Some player just burn out. His peak was a few seasons ago and now maybe he's just regressing. If I was him I'd consider a move back to the likes of Ajax where he could regain his form a bit. Real Madrid or Barcelona would eat his soul alive.

That is an interesting line of thinking. Even if he was trying for us I don’t think he is good enough anymore

We’ll never know because he’s certainly not trying to influence the game
Just running up and down avoiding injury

I don't believe Eriksen is playing bad on purpose. Let's just be honest here, he's never been the type of a player who could pull the team out of shit when needed, you would expect him to score a free-kick or two from time to time but he never took on players, he never made that fantasy pass that'd make you think where the hell did he pull that from. So he was more like a "stats" player, you expected him to create some chances, maybe top the assists charts but that's it.
That being said, I think it could be the case where he's simply lost his touch. Some player just burn out. His peak was a few seasons ago and now maybe he's just regressing. If I was him I'd consider a move back to the likes of Ajax where he could regain his form a bit. Real Madrid or Barcelona would eat his soul alive.

Largely agree... Esp. the last part. However I don't think he's 'lost it'; just doesn't have the stomach nor mentality for tough times or a big occasion..... He was suspected to be that way all along hense none of the biggest clubs made a move for him all those years ago.

Eriksen has played fine for Denmark. He actually wasn't that bad for us before the window shut and he thought he was playing for a move.

I think, to the tune of "Go West"
Get lost!
We don't want you here...

Is it really that hard for people the grasp that Poch wants the sack and Eriksen wants to leave.
Poch playing Eriksen, who is deliberately playing catastrophically bad every game is getting him closer to what he wants.
I actually think Eriksen will sit tomorrow out just because Poch cares enough to not get us knocked out of the Chanpions league before he gets himself sacked.

This is what is happening. I've no doubt if Levy didn't have to pay him 3 or 4 years salary he'd have gone weeks ago. And that's why Levy is no better for the club.
If Poch wanted to leave he would just negotiate a compensation package. No way is he going to sabotage the club, take the shit off fans, ruin his legacy out of choice or to make a point. If the Utd or Real jobs (apparently what he wants) come up and they approach us for him, then he'd not get any payoff from us anyway and nothing as much from his new club.

If Poch wanted to leave he would just negotiate a compensation package. No way is he going to sabotage the club, take the shit off fans, ruin his legacy out of choice or to make a point. If the Utd or Real jobs (apparently what he wants) come up and they approach us for him, then he'd not get any payoff from us anyway and nothing as much from his new club.
Every premier league manager for the last 20 years has been sacked rather than resigned. The only time it deviates from that is when a club takes the manager such as when we took Poch from Southampton.

No manager resigns. Why negotiate? If your contract says you get X millions in the event the club sacks you, why would you forgo many of those millions?

It's the state of the game.

Every premier league manager for the last 20 years has been sacked rather than resigned. The only time it deviates from that is when a club takes the manager such as when we took Poch from Southampton.

No manager resigns. Why negotiate? If your contract says you get X millions in the event the club sacks you, why would you forgo many of those millions?

It's the state of the game.

That's not strictly true tho is it....?

Besides, you've stopped short of addressing your actual claim; which was deliberate sabotage.

Back
Top Bottom