Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Poch is now trying to say Eriksen had surgery and because of this surgery that took place before the season started he is now suddenly training on his own 4 months later? Wtf LOL, am I imagining things right now?

He also thinks he hasn't been performing any different to last season, again, is Poch fucking blind?

Is anybody really believing this bollocks? Seriously?

Either Poch is being told to play him or he's massively deluded.

Or he's hoping to play him back into form so someone buys him in January before he can leave on a free because currently no fucker will want him.

It's insanity at this point.

Last edited:
Sadly we will never know the truth I guess. My theory is that Poch is just loyal to the players who made him one of the top managers in the world circa 2018.

He is fine taking a giant dump publicly on the new players' fitness and performance levels. But to the old guard he seems to have a lot of patience for.

I am beginning to like Poch's statements though. He is a massive troll at this point.

Haha
Some truth in Pochs words that his performances are actually no different.

Take out the 79th minute goal or the one little pass that became an assist and Eriksen as a player is laid bare for all to see.

Last season I asked people, “take away the stats and what’s left?”,
Well this season you have your answer.

Enjoy it, the messiah likes what he sees.
I guess keeping him sweet hoping they both end up at Real......

#miracles

"The performance of Christian is not different from five years ago," Pochettino said in Serbia, ahead of Wednesday's Champions League clash with Red Star Belgrade.

What planet is Poch on? Does he think we're stupid? I get he's backing his player but saying things like this is just blatant lying and makes everyone question his judgement.
If it is about "protecting" Christian he could have still admitted to the dip in form but been diplomatic about it.

Something like
"We all know that Christian has not hit his usual high standard of performances so far this season. But we are calm and we believe in Christian as a professional and as a person and are confident that with time and effort he will reach those levels again".

Short and simple, admits that he is not up to speed but makes it clear that he still has faith in him to find form and get back to it.

You don't need a degree in communication to figure out that there are better ways to address the media when it is obvious that a player is out of form than going "he is in form".

Personally, I wish that fucking European transfer window would close so that Poch could get the squad settled....

Or did he mean Brexit?

Or did he mean the death of our Sun?

If it is about "protecting" Christian he could have still admitted to the dip in form but been diplomatic about it.

Something like
"We all know that Christian has not hit his usual high standard of performances so far this season. But we are calm and we believe in Christian as a professional and as a person and are confident that with time and effort he will reach those levels again".

Short and simple, admits that he is not up to speed but makes it clear that he still has faith in him to find form and get back to it.

You don't need a degree in communication to figure out that there are better ways to address the media when it is obvious that a player is out of form than going "he is in form".

Protecting Christian while virtually leaving KWP in purgatory for three years
Then claiming "effort gets you into the team"

My theory is that Poch is just loyal to the players who made him one of the top managers in the world circa 2018.

Yep. I don't think it's anymore complicated than that.

He is ruled more by emotion than logic (which he himself has admitted to). He cultivated an 'us against them' mentality with a core group of players, and I don't think he can accept it's finished with them. He's raging against the dying of the light.

I also believe the reports that he passed on players offered to him, even when really good - for example, Tielemans. It all starts to make sense - he's not thinking about Tottenham anymore, he's thinking about *his* players.

So Poch is now trying to say Eriksen had surgery and because of this surgery that took place before the season started he is now suddenly training on his own 4 months later? Wtf LOL, am I imagining things right now?

He also thinks he hasn't been performing any different to last season, again, is Poch fucking blind?

Is anybody really believing this bollocks? Seriously?

Either Poch is being told to play him or he's massively deluded.

Or he's hoping to play him back into form so someone buys him in January before he can leave on a free because currently no fucker will want him.

It's insanity at this point.

He’s playing him so he can say

“Fuck you”

To Levy
To the Club
To us Fans

Get rid asap

Is that a reference to the universal energy stuff?

Amongst others. He's always on about football is passion, it's intensity, it's happiness.

Lots of abstract nouns. Thing is, that works when you're playing well. When you're not, it's absolutely zero help whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom