Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucked with him.

More fucked without him.

m5qnztpdod841.jpg

Also fuck Aurier.

It’s one thing if he ends up signing for Juve which I can understand tbh but if he signs for Man U or Inter Milan, who the papers are saying his agents are in contact with, it would be a massive slap in the face. Man U would be a step down and Inter is a sideways move.

If true, good luck to him.

As weird as it sounds, maybe him leaving allows us to evolve, if that's the word. It should see Lo Celso get much more game time and perhaps allows us to change our shape permanently with personnel it actually compliments.

He's been a superb servant and an excellent player for us, one of our absolute best of the last decade, world class on his day and provided us with many memorable moments.

He should have pushed harder for a move in 2018 and Levy should have pushed harder for him to sign another contract or leave that summer.

He’d probably be in Madrid and we’d have got £100m for him and reinvest it rather than doing nothing that summer. Everyone played this wrong and everyone loses.

I really struggle to understand why he so badly wants to leave.
Can only be £££ really. In the absence of Madrid or Barca in the bidding wars it’s hard to see where he is heading that’s a massive difference. However, I would not be shocked to see him pitch up at Liverpool next.

seems to me to have been a game of Chicken between ENIC and some of these players and ENIC have lost, or have not depending on how you spin it. Years of keeping the wage bill low probably gives ENIC the edge, maybe that’s why he wants out, who knows. But in his pomp he was a great player, Spurs have however had better and will have better again.

Can only be £££ really. In the absence of Madrid or Barca in the bidding wars it’s hard to see where he is heading that’s a massive difference. However, I would not be shocked to see him pitch up at Liverpool next.

seems to me to have been a game of Chicken between ENIC and some of these players and ENIC have lost, or have not depending on how you spin it. Years of keeping the wage bill low probably gives ENIC the edge, maybe that’s why he wants out, who knows. But in his pomp he was a great player, Spurs have however had better and will have better again.
I am sure we would have happily paid him £150k+ to extend his contract. Maybe there is too much physical contact for his liking in English football. Just don't get it at all.

I really struggle to understand why he so badly wants to leave.

How about fish'n'chips, bangers and mash, kidney pie, ugly women, driving in the wrong side of the road and a climate that would make even Kirk Douglas asthmatic? He just wants to leave England.

Christian Eriksen has been playing for spurs since 2013. He has been the most consistent player for Tottenham before this new season started and without a doubt one of the best players in the premier league for many years! Nowadays 6 seasons for the same club are a long time and it is easy to understand that he has dreams and goals for his career that are very difficult to accomplish with this team. In my opinion Christian feels that he has been treated unfair by the club (price tag at 130 million) and even more by the fans who didnt want to see him anymore after he announced his wish to change club. Since he is a very sentimental character who needs to feel the support of the whole team plus the fans he wasnt able to deliver at his normal standard.
For me it is incomprehensible to read all these negative comments about one of the best players Tottenham has ever seen! A lot of you seem to have forgotten the amazing qualities he possesses which made your club to a title contender the last few seasons. When Christian arrived at Spurs the club was nowhere near that level..With his unbelievable view for the crucial pass, his workrate and his ability to score from every position he guided Tottenham towars the top!
Taking it all into consideration it is a shame how badly he has been treated by the club as well by the fans.
This little magician will lighten up the football when he finally will be allowed to play with equally talented footballers at the likes of Juve, PSG or Bayern instead of wasting his time with untalented players like Dier and Alli..
A real shame how this era ended!

:mourfinger:

I am sure we would have happily paid him £150k+ to extend his contract. Maybe there is too much physical contact for his liking in English football. Just don't get it at all.
I would bet my house that once talks got a bit heavy that Levy would rather have saved 50-70k a week and he would be thinking that running the contract down means little. Each week he’s saving. He’s probably thinking a last minute low ball offer of £150k will pull the situation back. It’s all rather daft that this situation has been allowed to develop, but then always remember as an Assset Eriksen is worth less and less to the club the more his contract expires. ENIC’s problem is replacing him costs money they don’t have. So at the moment they have Eriksen, on the cheap with no risk to their balance sheets if he walks in July.

I would bet my house that once talks got a bit heavy that Levy would rather have saved 50-70k a week and he would be thinking that running the contract down means little. Each week he’s saving. He’s probably thinking a last minute low ball offer of £150k will pull the situation back. It’s all rather daft that this situation has been allowed to develop, but then always remember as an Assset Eriksen is worth less and less to the club the more his contract expires. ENIC’s problem is replacing him costs money they don’t have. So at the moment they have Eriksen, on the cheap with no risk to their balance sheets if he walks in July.
I think we have been beating his door down to get him to change his mind, but for whatever reason, he is sick of the sight of us.

Well, that's a great answer. I'm not English and I think the women in London are fucking amazing.

All right - but then again the women you refer to are not English, most of them as most people in London aren't. English women on average are just pretty ugly and that's a fact.

I think we have been beating his door down to get him to change his mind, but for whatever reason, he is sick of the sight of us.
:levyeyes:

I don’t see it like that myself, I doubt ENIC give a bollocks either way. It’s sad to say, but it feels like it to me.

All right - but then again the women you refer to are not English, most of them as most people in London aren't. English women on average are just pretty ugly and that's a fact.
So says whom, Zac Efron’s twin :) ?

have you never seen Coronation Street in the glory days and not lusted over Vera Duckworth ? Man you ain’t lived, prime UK Rib right there.

Rule Britannia!

Back
Top Bottom