Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inter hot track Eriksen
tuttosport4.jpg

Fuck off and good riddance, shouldn't have been anywhere near the senior squad this season, one of the many toxic elements this season. Will never be considered a Yid in my opinion, in years to come I hope he doesn't get invited back as isn't worth the adulation.
Why all the hate for the guy? I honestly don’t get it? The guy gave us 6 odd years of brilliant service, much of which was in his prime, and hads fuck all to show for it trophy wise. He’s not an academy graduate or Spurs fan, he has no real affiliation with the club. Why would you begrudge him wanting to go and try something new and win a few pots?

It’s totallt different to when the likes of Bale, Modric, Walker etc left, they had signed massive contracts the season before and fucked the club over, effectively going on strike and what not.

Eriksen should have been allowed to leave last Summer and replaced, it’s not his fault that the club fucked it up and priced him out.

Why all the hate for the guy? I honestly don’t get it? The guy gave us 6 odd years of brilliant service, much of which was in his prime, and hads fuck all to show for it trophy wise. He’s not an academy graduate or Spurs fan, he has no real affiliation with the club. Why would you begrudge him wanting to go and try something new and win a few pots?

It’s totallt different to when the likes of Bale, Modric, Walker etc left, they had signed massive contracts the season before and fucked the club over, effectively going on strike and what not.

Eriksen should have been allowed to leave last Summer and replaced, it’s not his fault that the club fucked it up and priced him out.

it’s the fact that he downed tools (INC in the CL final) and is therefore to blame in part for Poch leaving, he’d be getting a great send off otherwise.

Players want out all the time; it's how they go about it that defines the way their exit is perceived by fans. We all know CE's backstory by now....

Bale & Modrich gave us peak seasons on their way out.... CE ghosted it for 12 months and was dreaming of "new challenges" during the CL final.

The club didn't fuck him over.... The elite suitors he dreamed of never came.... Maybe if he'd have shown himself to be a big game player in said final that might have been different.

it’s the fact that he downed tools (INC in the CL final) and is therefore to blame in part for Poch leaving, he’d be getting a great send off otherwise.
Downed tools in the Champions League final? Ffs man come on. Eriksen has been notorious for going missing in big games his entire Spurs career. Also he was no worse that day than anyone else.

Players want out all the time; it's how they go about it that defines the way their exit is perceived by fans. We all know CE's backstory by now....

Bale & Modrich gave us peak seasons on their way out.... CE ghosted it for 12 months and was dreaming of "new challenges" during the CL final.

The club didn't fuck him over.... The elite suitors he dreamed of never came.... Maybe if he'd have shown himself to be a big game player in said final that might have been different.
So you think Bale and Modric, who both signed massive deals literally the season before they started crying they wanted to leave, then effectively went on strike when the club refused, were more dignified and had better exits than Eriksen?

What utter utter nonsense.

So you think Bale and Modric, who both signed massive deals literally the season before they started crying they wanted to leave, then effectively went on strike when the club refused, were more dignified and had better exits than Eriksen?

I didn't say more dignified, but bearing in mind we've had 2 mangers not playing CE due to a perceived lack of commitment; whilst CE also publicly expressed his desire to play elsewhere.... What's the big difference?

....Like I say, at least the other 2 delivered the goods on the pitch meaning a) we could recoup a solid fee on them and b) the team didn't suffer in the meantime.

6 odd years of brilliant service would mean you consider the last year and a half as brilliant service from him. Your standards must be pathetically low.

There have been at least 2 games with stats like these this season:

Squawka Football

@Squawka

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1191066094695522305

Christian Eriksen's game by numbers vs. Everton:

0 take-ons attempted
0 chances created
0 shots attempted
0 interceptions
0 tackles made
1 yellow card
16 x possession lost

The key thing with them though was that they did sign those massive contracts, that meant the club could sell the players and had funds to spend on replacements if we wanted to.
Eriksen has refused to sign a new deal therefore he's likely to leave on a free. That means the club shit out twice because we've lost the player and have no funds coming in from his transfer to replace him.
He's also been pretty poor for the last 18 months which makes it even less likely that someone will pay a transfer fee to get him.

I really struggle to understand why he so badly wants to leave.

I think seriously that he made his mind up a while ago when he realised he wasn’t going to get parity with Harry on salary and you couldn’t really blame him

Doesn’t excuse his recent performances though

I really struggle to understand why he so badly wants to leave.
He wants to try something new, a new adventure in another country. Is not hard for me to understand. He has given 6 year's to Spurs, been among the best players. And clearly stated he wanted to try something else. Still he wasn't sold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom