Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was decent when he left, it was largely his performances people had issues with not what he was saying.

If we bought this version of Eriksen no matter his attitude we would be saying the same.

I remember him as a top player. Seeing him at Inter fearful and secondary seems a waste to me. If he had stayed at Tottenham he would have remained at the center of the project (he has the skills). In any case, no one should necessarily be detained

I remember him as a top player. Seeing him at Inter fearful and secondary seems a waste to me. If he had stayed at Tottenham he would have remained at the center of the project (he has the skills). In any case, no one should necessarily be detained
He was the same player at Inter for about a year at spurs. He may have turned it around just as he may at Inter. Not likely imo

Eriksen: ‘I don’t want to sit the bench’

Inter star Christian Eriksen says he does not expect to sit the bench for the rest of the season but admits he is living in a ‘new situation’.

“I don’t want to sit the bench for the whole season,” Eriksen said in a press conference with Denmark National team on Friday.

“I hope this isn’t the coach’s or the club’s intention. It is going to be a busy season, lot of games in program, I expect to play.

“It’s never nice to sit the bench and one tends to be less patient as his experience grows.”

Eriksen joined Inter on a €20m move from Tottenham in January but he has never been a regular starter under Antonio Conte, especially after the lockdown.

“There are many expectations on me, people thought I’d do the difference in every game, but it didn’t happen.

“That’s why they are looking at me with different eyes.

“I’ve had highs and lows after the lockdown. I had a great start with Inter after I arrived and now I am living in a new situation.”

According to reports in Italy, Eriksen turned down a chance to move to the Bundesliga rejecting loan offers from Borussia Dortmund and Hertha Berlin in the deadline day.

“I haven’t heard anything from my agent. There was nothing concrete. I am accustomed to media’s speculations but I can’t say which rumours are true and which are false. There was nothing concrete and Monday was a regular day for me because nothing happened.”

Eriksen: ‘I don’t want to sit the bench’

Inter star Christian Eriksen says he does not expect to sit the bench for the rest of the season but admits he is living in a ‘new situation’.

“I don’t want to sit the bench for the whole season,” Eriksen said in a press conference with Denmark National team on Friday.

“I hope this isn’t the coach’s or the club’s intention. It is going to be a busy season, lot of games in program, I expect to play.

“It’s never nice to sit the bench and one tends to be less patient as his experience grows.”

Eriksen joined Inter on a €20m move from Tottenham in January but he has never been a regular starter under Antonio Conte, especially after the lockdown.

“There are many expectations on me, people thought I’d do the difference in every game, but it didn’t happen.

“That’s why they are looking at me with different eyes.

“I’ve had highs and lows after the lockdown. I had a great start with Inter after I arrived and now I am living in a new situation.”

According to reports in Italy, Eriksen turned down a chance to move to the Bundesliga rejecting loan offers from Borussia Dortmund and Hertha Berlin in the deadline day.

“I haven’t heard anything from my agent. There was nothing concrete. I am accustomed to media’s speculations but I can’t say which rumours are true and which are false. There was nothing concrete and Monday was a regular day for me because nothing happened.”

LOL... No he didn't.

Peaked as a player lost in a system.

It happens.

Hope he can find a place and a system that suits him and allows him to enjoy his football again.

Peaked as a player lost in a system.

It happens.

Hope he can find a place and a system that suits him and allows him to enjoy his football again.

Mentality.

Historically his game suffered when contracts were in the air.... Having his contract in the air for nigh on 2 years took him somewhere mentally he's been unable to bounce back from.

He played a game of poker he wasn't cut out for... Should have just requested a transfer when he was at his peak. The free agent approach blew up in is face both in terms of the above and his desired destination.

Mentality.

Historically his game suffered when contracts were in the air.... Having his contract in the air for nigh on 2 years took him somewhere mentally he's been unable to bounce back from.

He played a game of poker he wasn't cut out for... Should have just requested a transfer when he was at his peak. The free agent approach blew up in is face both in terms of the above and his desired destination.
He peaked in the Denmark game against Ireland when he scored a bucketload, thought he had made it to the elite level...then his form fell off a cliff...

Good to see that high-profile and successful players flop when they leave Spurs, not just the other way around. Not good for Eriksen, but good to see that the needs of the team wins over the needs of the player.

Having said that, Conte would never play him. I could have told him that.

The one thing every 'star' player who ends up warming his arse on a bench eventually learns is humility. Once that lesson is over with they can start working to come back stronger and better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom