Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That might be €'s but wouldn't quibble.

I think all the noise coming out of Italy is from Inter.

Likely. I don't think he'd risk pissing Conte off... Wouldn't do his prospects of game-time any favours. I'd like to think he may have learned a lesson about being so open about wanting a move in the media (pure speculation on my part tho).

Makes you wonder why they (Inter) ever bothered really.... Unless they thought he'd be easy to flip on for a profit....?

Likely. I don't think he'd risk pissing Conte off... Wouldn't do his prospects of game-time any favours. I'd like to think he may have learned a lesson about being so open about wanting a move in the media (pure speculation on my part tho).

Makes you wonder why they (Inter) ever bothered really.... Unless they thought he'd be easy to flip on for a profit....?
They thought he'd be a coup. My Inter mates were unbearable when he signed for them on how Beppe Marotta did one on Levy, which is also one of the multiple reasons I wanted Eriksen to fail so badly. Heard some rumours that his missus wanted to go to Benfica though.

Last edited:
He trippled his wages with his Inter move (almost £220kpw if my memory serves me correctly, a wage we would have matched) Contract expires 2024 so i’d expect he will be there for a while yet.
Depends how much he values playing I guess. MLS would be an obvious option too. From Inter Milan to Inter Miami?

He was one of the best creative midfielders in Europe, consistently for year after year. When his form dropped, it also coincided with him wanting to leave, worth the punt I'd say, especially at £25m!!

I haven't followed him in Italy game by game but he didn't even have a house for 6 months because of the pandemic and was sleeping at the training centre with a couple of backroom staff who chose to self isolate there too (has he even got a place yet???). To this day Owen says the reason why he flopped in Madrid was that he stayed in a six-star hotel rather than having his own place.

He was one of the best creative midfielders in Europe, consistently for year after year. When his form dropped, it also coincided with him wanting to leave, worth the punt I'd say, especially at £25m!!

£17M, but still there's a massive apparent disconnect there between the managers plans and some form of financial coup.

I haven't followed him in Italy game by game but he didn't even have a house for 6 months because of the pandemic and was sleeping at the training centre with a couple of backroom staff who chose to self isolate there too (has he even got a place yet???). To this day Owen says the reason why he flopped in Madrid was that he stayed in a six-star hotel rather than having his own place.

Owen is a shambles of a man; a precious & delicate ego the size of a house..... I'll have to pass on his part of any analogy.

£17M, but still there's a massive apparent disconnect there between the managers plans and some form of financial coup.

Owen is a shambles of a man; a precious & delicate ego the size of a house..... I'll have to pass on his part of any analogy.
Just trying to offer up an excuse for him, certainly not ideal for anyone, footballer or otherwise.

Fuck £17m was a steal, but as already mentioned those wages, unless matched, will keep him there.

Just trying to offer up an excuse for him, certainly not ideal for anyone, footballer or otherwise.

Fuck £17m was a steal, but as already mentioned those wages, unless matched, will keep him there.

I don't see the need, but hey ho......

IMO, he took his eye of the ball (figuratively speaking) and has lost his mojo as a result, but I know we see differently in that respect and that you think we should maintain pure gratitude towards the guy regardless so no point us going down that cul de sac....

The only possible reason I can come up with for why someone would want him back at this point is purely nostalgia. He has moved on and so have we. I have no idea what he would offer us now and how he fits into the team.

He signed a four and a half year contract worth 10m a year ... that means anyone signing him after just one year would need to cover three and a half years and 35m in salary, that's for a player who would be 32 years old and have no resale value when that contract expired ... and that's only if Inter were prepared to release him on a free back to us.

Whether you think he can offer much as an additional AM has to be balanced against that cost ...

We could sign a Eduardo Camavinga for somewhere close to that 35m, he's just 21 and in three and a half years could be worth 70m ... and he's a DM something we need far more than an ageing AM.

I too would take him back in a heartbeat. That's obviously due to my bias and strong attachment to our past players. It still saddens me that we didn't get to say a proper farewell to Vertoghen and Eriksen due to COVID. Fuck this virus and 2020

I too would take him back in a heartbeat. That's obviously due to my bias and strong attachment to our past players. It still saddens me that we didn't get to say a proper farewell to Vertoghen and Eriksen due to COVID. Fuck this virus and 2020
Vertonghen I agree. Erisken however left before lockdown.

No thank you.

Him switching off was a big part of why Poch failed in the end. Eriksen lowered his game for so long that he lost it entirely and is now a shadow of the player he used to be for us.

To be fair, with six months left, he allowed us to get 20m for him. 20m which could definitely gone into his pocket if he'd just dug his heels in properly like most and many, many others have.

Even in that he was pretty reasonable. Especially having never taken a pay rise on his meagre 70k pw of the last what 3-4 years, when we've had much shitter players earning a lot more.

He played for us for 6 years, a players career is about 8 -10 max at the top end, does anyone seriously begrudge a player who's been so important and productive for us throughout most of that time a change of scenery ?

He wasn't being benevolent/reasonable to the club - he didn't take a payrise because he wouldn't sign the new contract with improved terms when it was offered to him.

Do you honestly think the club are going to say, "Sure Christian, have an extra £50k per week (or whatever) but we don't want you to extend your contract by a year or 2"?

Would I want him back?!?
Hell yea... but on 3 conditions -

- he would join on reasonable terms for us (cost similar amount we received for him, and would get paid like 125k per week)
- he would be motivated to work hard and prove his worth for us
- plus manager and other players would be okay with that

Likelyhood that those conditions would be fulfilled is very...very...very low.
But if they would, I'd take him back with open arms and no negative feelings.
There could be even a lineup that would include him, Lo Celso, Ndombele and Hjojberg all starting (with Kane-Son up top)... that side would have quite some creativity and technical ability. Would be interesting to see what he could produce with more up-to-speed Ndombele behind him.
But once more - extremely unlikely this could happen.

Would I want him back?!?
Hell yea... but on 3 conditions -

- he would join on reasonable terms for us (cost similar amount we received for him, and would get paid like 125k per week)
- he would be motivated to work hard and prove his worth for us
- plus manager and other players would be okay with that

Likelyhood that those conditions would be fulfilled is very...very...very low.
But if they would, I'd take him back with open arms and no negative feelings.
There could be even a lineup that would include him, Lo Celso, Ndombele and Hjojberg all starting (with Kane-Son up top)... that side would have quite some creativity and technical ability. Would be interesting to see what he could produce with more up-to-speed Ndombele behind him.
But once more - extremely unlikely this could happen.

That sounds like a slow narrow clusterfuck to me.

Our cunt fans (yes all of you) deserve Eriksen banging in a FK against us for arse top bins FA cup final.

Why do we deserve that??? For being cunts???
I’m thinking more a VDV style Spurs winning penalty situation and if he has to be involved then Eriksen can leave the pitch like walcott did.

Much better day out.

and don’t forget....
n9ypj8399ir51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom