Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Congrats, Chris!

Now...I hope we rip through your team like a lubed spiky glove up an arsehole and leave you facing the prison manager and his merry farmers in the Europa Conference league next season.

X

Most athletes don't earn what elite footballers do.

Spurs: Jul 13 - Jan 20 @ £4.16m p/a = £27.04m
Inter: Jan 20 - Jun 21 @ £6.5m p/a = £9.75m
Brentford: Jan 22 - Jun 22 @ £13.5 p/a(*) = £6.75m

= £43.54m

+ Whatever he clocked up at Ajax.

(*Funny the way he was cast as some kind of demi-saint for playing for lil' ol' Brentford.... They were paying him £260kpw!)
That's where football is so out of touch with reality. If I earned £260k in three years, I would consider myself very well off.

The reaction of this news by Spurs fans is completely baffling 🥴

You sound like jilted ex's, yeah he played for us but so what he wants to play under a Dutch coach and ear more money, we've moved on as a club and we didn't want him, just gotta respect the guy's wishes.

I don't think it's the best choice for him, still it's up to him. Don't really care, as I never felt he 'got' us.
Apart from wishing him good health, I'm not going to hope he does well for one of our rivals.

I don't think it's the best choice for him, still it's up to him. Don't really care, as I never felt he 'got' us.
Apart from wishing him good health, I'm not going to hope he does well for one of our rivals.
THANK YOU!! Exactly what I've been saying. He was fantastic for us, but he never seemed to truly warm to Spurs despite his many years here. He offered a few token words after he left, and I was actually surprised he called himself a "spurs fan" after the 0-0 with Brentford. I expected more like "yeah, no, of course I know the club well, good people there, and I hope they get top 4".

Eriksen too clinical and cold, in it just for him and the money, like Bale.
Club loyalty down the drain!

The same guy who signed a new contract with Ajax instead of signing for us on a free, only so Ajax would get a fee for him (And thereby is guaranteed to have gotten a smaller sign-on fee himself)?

Right. So cold and selfish.

At least you’re consistent, pleb; consistently ill-informed.

Good luck to him.

I think it's a mistake to go up to that Shit show - would have stayed at Brentford personally.

But last big money move so good luck to him.
Exactly. Had a shout in his career for CL with us and Euros with Denmark, unfortunately didn't work out.

No realistic scenario now does he win the WC, PL or CL. Maybe a FA or League Cup at Utd.

At which point, take the biggest money offering you can. Chill on the bench at Utd, bang in a couple of screamers at Old Trafford, gets some pics sign some shirts then clock off a very good career. Ajax, Spurs, Inter, Utd. What you'd expect form a very good, if somewhat inconsistent, player.

I would have liked to see him back at the Lane. Would have given us a great option off the bench. I expect he will be a benchwarmer at United too, with Fernandes occupying his spot in the team.

Didn’t enjoy his last season with us and won’t shed a tear as a result. Good luck fella.

Tottenham fan burns Christian Eriksen shirt after he agrees Man Utd transfer but is ridiculed by fellow Spurs supporters​

Gary Stonehouse
10:21, 5 Jul 2022Updated: 10:43, 5 Jul 2022

A TOTTENHAM supporter has been labelled an “embarrassment” after a fan posted a video of him burning his old Christian Eriksen shirt.
The Denmark international, 30, is set to sign a three-year deal at Premier League rivals Manchester United after leaving Brentford on a free transfer.

Credit: Getty
A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on Twitter

A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on TwitterCredit: Twitter @THFC11111

The playmaker, who spent seven years at Spurs before his 2020 move to Inter Milan, is now due to undergo his medical ahead of putting pen-to-paper.

It marks an incredible turnaround for Eriksen after he suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during a Euro 2020 match in June last year.

He was forced to leave Inter Milan after having a defibrillator – which are not allowed in Italy – fitted in the weeks after his collapse.

Fellow Dane Thomas Frank offered him a short-term deal at Brentford and was keen to sign him on a permanent basis this summer.

But now he has left the West London outfit to return to the big-time at United under Erik ten Hag.

However, one fan of old club Spurs is so upset to see Eriksen joining their rivals he has burned a shirt that had the name of the star on the back of it.

Sharing a clip of him setting the jersey alight, he captioned it with: “A man of my word.”

The footage soon went viral - but his fellow Tottenham supporters were not impressed.

One replied: “I’ve seen some cringe stuff on this app but this has to be the worst.”

A fellow follower said: “My word for you is twonk!”

Another wrote: “That’s embarrassing!! Burned a shirt for likes on twitter!”

Plenty of others also labelled him “embarrassing” as another replied with the “Ohh, you’re hard” Gif that Ricky Gervais made famous while playing David Brent in The Office.

Fans quickly slammed their fellow supporter for his actions

Fans quickly slammed their fellow supporter for his actionsCredit: Twitter @THFC11111

Tottenham fan burns Christian Eriksen shirt after he agrees Man Utd transfer but is ridiculed by fellow Spurs supporters​

Gary Stonehouse

A TOTTENHAM supporter has been labelled an “embarrassment” after a fan posted a video of him burning his old Christian Eriksen shirt.
The Denmark international, 30, is set to sign a three-year deal at Premier League rivals Manchester United after leaving Brentford on a free transfer.

A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on Twitter's name on and sharing it on Twitter

A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on TwitterCredit: Twitter @THFC11111

The playmaker, who spent seven years at Spurs before his 2020 move to Inter Milan, is now due to undergo his medical ahead of putting pen-to-paper.

It marks an incredible turnaround for Eriksen after he suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during a Euro 2020 match in June last year.

He was forced to leave Inter Milan after having a defibrillator – which are not allowed in Italy – fitted in the weeks after his collapse.

Fellow Dane Thomas Frank offered him a short-term deal at Brentford and was keen to sign him on a permanent basis this summer.

But now he has left the West London outfit to return to the big-time at United under Erik ten Hag.

However, one fan of old club Spurs is so upset to see Eriksen joining their rivals he has burned a shirt that had the name of the star on the back of it.

Sharing a clip of him setting the jersey alight, he captioned it with: “A man of my word.”

The footage soon went viral - but his fellow Tottenham supporters were not impressed.

One replied: “I’ve seen some cringe stuff on this app but this has to be the worst.”

Plenty of others also labelled him “embarrassing” as another replied with the “Ohh, you’re hard” Gif that Ricky Gervais made famous while playing David Brent in The Office.

Fans quickly slammed their fellow supporter for his actionsCredit: Twitter @THFC11111

What an absolute plum.

Gary Stonehouse

A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on Twitter's name on and sharing it on Twitter

As someone who hates waste, really sad this perfectly good shirt was destroyed, could have gone to a charity shop or donated to a kid.

Attention-seeking bellend.

So which poster on here do we think it was ?

:contetellmemore:

ash6.gif

Back
Top Bottom