Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An 8.63 on the BBC player rater for yesterday’s match. Surely he would still improve our squad? Just like Dembele and Walker, we’ve never really replaced him.

I was disappointed with his showings in the last 6 months of his time with us, but I would love to see him back pulling strings in a Lilywhite shirt.

Wouldn't blame him if he did.
They gave him a chance when, possibly, nobody else would.
It would be a class move to repay them, even if only for one more year.

It was a deal of mutual-benefit.....

Eriksen got a much desired re-debut in a top league and B'ford got a player of such quality they'd never likely be able to sign otherwise..... What transpired was a struggling team comfortably avoiding a relegation dog-fight.

Neither side owes the other anything.

"It's not about money"

...It's not about charity either.

It may well be about level of competition.

Last edited:
It was a deal of mutual-benefit.....

Eriksen got a much desired re-debut in a top league and B'ford for a player of such quality they'd never likely be able to sign otherwise..... What transpired is a struggling team comfortably avoiding a relegation dog-fight.

Neither side owes the other anything.

"It's not about money"

...It's not about charity either.

It may well be about level of competition.
They took a chance on him and it paid off.

The only reason other clubs are looking at him now is because Brentford allowed him to play.

They took a chance on him and it paid off.

The only reason other clubs are looking at him now is because Brentford allowed him to play.

And he helped them stay up, having cost them next to nothing in transfer fee and wages. They've been repaid in full.

Someone else takes a gamble on Eriksen, whether it's in England or abroad. Brentford made a smart move, they're not a charity.

And he helped them stay up, having cost them next to nothing in transfer fee and wages. They've been repaid in full.

Someone else takes a gamble on Eriksen, whether it's in England or abroad. Brentford made a smart move, they're not a charity.

Worst way he ended up a bit parter at Ajax.

Last edited:
Worst way he ends up a bit parter at Ajax.

If he goes to Ajax they very quickly see he still has it and he starts for them & gets European football. So yeah, not too shabby.

I'm sure he's grateful to Brenford for giving him a shot. But they only gave him a 6 month contract for a reason, to cover themselves. It was very low risk high reward for them. He may well feel obliged to stay loyal to them but it isn't owed by any means.

No one said they were.

All I'm saying is that it would be a class move from him.

If he decides to move then I'm not going to deride him

If he goes to Ajax they very quickly see he still has it and he starts for them & gets European football. So yeah, not too shabby.

I'm sure he's grateful to Brenford for giving him a shot. But they only gave him a 6 month contract for a reason, to cover themselves. It was very low risk high reward for them. He may well feel obliged to stay loyal to them but it isn't owed by any means.
Nobody said anything about "owing" Brentford.

Back
Top Bottom