Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off to the Mancs.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

I don’t have much anger about it really. It’s seemed Spurs have cooled off on their interest for some time. After going what he went through, it’s hard to blame Eriksen for taking the wages at United.

Man U are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, will look good on his CV. And he'll get massive money, so don't blame him for going there.
Personally I dont care, had his time here. Didn't much like him or his attitude in his final season, and dont see how he fits into the side now other than a bench option which he wouldn't want.

so meh really

I don’t have much anger about it really. It’s seemed Spurs have cooled off on their interest for some time. After going what he went through, it’s hard to blame Eriksen for taking the wages at United.

If I was a millionaire and nealy died; my decisions would become driven by happiness, not even more money.

Last edited:
If I was a millionaire and nealy died; my decisions would become driven by happines, not more money.

I can appreciate that view, but you’d be surprised at the number of athletes who struggle for money after their careers are over. If this is potentially my last contract and I’ve had heart issues, I’m doing whatever I can to best set my family up for the long term.

Glad to see CE being able to play at a decent level again. Doubt he will ever be as good again as he was with us thu.
great player here but never felt he was 100% so he is much appreciated but not overly loved, like Eric Lamala, Son, etc who really know the importance of being a yid.
hope they qualify for UL again next year. But he has a fucking big job on .
but if Conte wanted him, I think he would be here. I wanted him but I let big Tony win this one.

Glad to see CE being able to play at a decent level again. Doubt he will ever be as good again as he was with us thu.
great player here but never felt he was 100% so he is much appreciated but not overly loved, like Eric Lamala, Son, etc who really know the importance of being a yid.
hope they qualify for UL again next year. But he has a fucking big job on .
but if Conte wanted him, I think he would be here. I wanted him but I let big Tony win this one.
Forgot Lamela he got it. Its clear that Conte and Paratici have other Ingredients for the cook they making. The club did not want him its simple as really. I did also wonder if they harbour a suspicion that he might also prove a distraction.

I can appreciate that view, but you’d be surprised at the number of athletes who struggle for money after their careers are over. If this is potentially my last contract and I’ve had heart issues, I’m doing whatever I can to best set my family up for the long term.

Most athletes don't earn what elite footballers do.

Spurs: Jul 13 - Jan 20 @ £4.16m p/a = £27.04m
Inter: Jan 20 - Jun 21 @ £6.5m p/a = £9.75m
Brentford: Jan 22 - Jun 22 @ £13.5 p/a(*) = £6.75m

= £43.54m

+ Whatever he clocked up at Ajax.

(*Funny the way he was cast as some kind of demi-saint for playing for lil' ol' Brentford.... They were paying him £260kpw!)

Back
Top Bottom