Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really concerned that he will disappoint this season. not because the talent isnt there, just that holtby is the exact player poch wants at CAM and eriksen really isn't suited for anywhere but CAM. I really hope he proves me wrong but im still worried:eriksenlip:

Really concerned that he will disappoint this season. not because the talent isnt there, just that holtby is the exact player poch wants at CAM and eriksen really isn't suited for anywhere but CAM. I really hope he proves me wrong but im still worried:eriksenlip:
Eriksen will do fine on the wings because he will drift, he will interchange and when he leaves the wing he will be covered under Poch's system. Don't sweat.

He started his great form from LW. So, CAM isnt only his best position. I kinda feel like LAM, RAM, CAM are a bit wrong for Poch. He plays three AMs. They interchange so they play all over. Eriksen, imo, will eiyher start out right or in the middle, depending on where Lamela plays. But both will be constantly swapping. I see Holtby alternating with both and also getting gametime next to a CDM.

Eriksen is pure class like Lamela. Don't worry

Yep, I think Eriksen will come good when the season starts. However, I still have fears for Lamela in the Prem. I wonder if Poch will risk him v West Ham. We will need some 'battlers and pressers' out there, not sure we can afford to play both Eriksen and Lamela that afternoon.

Yep, I think Eriksen will come good when the season starts. However, I still have fears for Lamela in the Prem. I wonder if Poch will risk him v West Ham. We will need some 'battlers and pressers' out there, not sure we can afford to play both Eriksen and Lamela that afternoon.
think he will risk lamela? hes played every preseason game and is healthy. cant imagine he wont play next sat. honestly think lamrela will be poch's go to player. i could see townsend/lennon, holtby and lamela start tho and leave out eriksen.

This is the new mindset now, we were rigid and defensive last year, now it's Poch saying ok west ham we'll have eriksen and Lamela on, you deal with it, which is how Man U have played forever - positive

The one touch the pressing, it's all about bossing it, we'll give them a lot to deal with and give them much fewer chances to create

This is the new mindset now, we were rigid and defensive last year, now it's Poch saying ok west ham we'll have eriksen and Lamela on, you deal with it, which is how Man U have played forever - positive

The one touch the pressing, it's all about bossing it, we'll give them a lot to deal with and give them much fewer chances to create
Agree. Why come down to their level? That's exactly what they would want us to do. We should use our most creative players - that is our advantage.

Eriksen, more than maybe anyone, has been the player this preseason that clearly needed a preseason. If that makes sense. The last two games he has looked noticeably better than he did in the States.

Eriksen, more than maybe anyone, has been the player this preseason that clearly needed a preseason. If that makes sense. The last two games he has looked noticeably better than he did in the States.

Really don't understand why everyone is so worried about Eriksen. He's getting used to a new role. If we learned anything last season, it's that Eriksen can adapt quickly. A couple of his through-balls vs Schalke made me excited in my special place.

Why not?
Capoue - Bentaleb
Lamela - Holtby - Eriksen
Ade/Soldado.

I like the holding two.

What I'm not keen on, in this game or any others, is how similar the players are along this attacking mid line. The core idea behind the "rotational front four" is to have variety among those players, as every time they rotate it forces the defense to adjust and thereby overthink the new situations on the fly. Lamela, Holtby, and Eriksen are all good players, but far too similar in styles and among them lack a pacey runner to spread the opposing back line as is so key in Poch's offense. Was the entire reasoning for playing Rodriguez wide alongside the striker. They have to be spread and disoriented, or the whole thing doesn't "trigger" as it starts from the front (ours).

So if Holtby's to play, it'd have to be alongside the CDM as he has done for the most part in preseason. But despite how much I personally like the player, I can't say I'm entirely confident in that setup against West Ham's size and physicality.

I agree with the last poster that you will not want Holtby, Eriksen and Lamela, cause you need a pacey runner to disrupt the defence and create space for the others.

But when playing against a physical side, don't go quasi-physical. It will make you the second best at something. Play to your strengths, and crush them using creativity, movement and better technical abilities.

Got to play lennon full stop , im sensing big season from him

...would that be the 2008/09 2009/10 2010/11 2011/12 2012/13 2013/14 or 2014/15 season?? :lennon:

Only joking, I think he'll rip the Prem a new one this season... and then sign for Real Madrid this time next year!
you watch... it'll 'appen!! :lennonlol:

You know I like Holtby too, but would you start him at Upton Park?
I think eriksen's passing and vision blows hotlby's out of the water but holtby can pressure teams a lot better than eriksen and hes shown this preseason he can get into good positions and finish well. i just think he is more prepared for the season than eriksen and fits poch's system better

Back
Top Bottom