Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think eriksen's passing and vision blows hotlby's out of the water but holtby can pressure teams a lot better than eriksen and hes shown this preseason he can get into good positions and finish well. i just think he is more prepared for the season than eriksen and fits poch's system better

I would agree with this assessment, but as you may have noticed they don't play the same position under Poch. Poch has delightedly played each in their respective favored position, and as of yet it's worked quite well.

I think eriksen's passing and vision blows hotlby's out of the water but holtby can pressure teams a lot better than eriksen and hes shown this preseason he can get into good positions and finish well. i just think he is more prepared for the season than eriksen and fits poch's system better

Agreed but it is easier to train a player to be fit and press then to improve their vision / passing range surely?

I have no worry that he's get it sorted, but Eriksen has been a bit of a mess in pre-season and today.

Stuggled a bit out there today, didn't he.

Though, this was all about defending and physical presence from Kyle's sending off. We looked in complete control 11vs11 and we looked in complete control 10vs10.

It's difficult to describe how awful that West Ham team is. It really is. Stoke are Barca-esque in comparison. Afwul, awful, awful team.

Ran like a monster out there as well. I'd be surprised if didn't hit above the 6 miles - which, ideally, isn't what he supposed to be doing. Something is wrong (like today with 10 men) if he has to run this much.

Stuggled a bit out there today, didn't he.

Though, this was all about defending and physical presence from Kyle's sending off. We looked in complete control 11vs11 and we looked in complete control 10vs10.

It's difficult to describe how awful that West Ham team is. It really is. Stoke are Barca-esque in comparison. Afwul, awful, awful team.

Ran like a monster out there as well. I'd be surprised if didn't hit above the 6 miles - which, ideally, isn't what he supposed to be doing. Something is wrong (like today with 10 men) if he has to run this much.

we were far from in complete control when it was 11 v 11. in fact, we played better when it became 11 v 10

we were far from in complete control when it was 11 v 11. in fact, we played better when it became 11 v 10

Agreed, were awful all the way up through the red card. Managed to establish some shape upon becoming condensed as we were forced to do with only having 10 men.

I'm not sure what's going on with Eriksen, perhaps struggling to figure out the system. Is strange though, because in the preseason friendlies Denmark played back at the beginning of the summer, he was extremely lively and absolutely brilliant. Hoping that as the squad come into better fitness and understanding of the system, Eriksen will shake off the cobwebs a bit. The lads did look a bit "wore out," as you'll note even Holtby coming on late looked to be really struggling even in his first few runs back with his head down and looking in pain. Am hoping this is the case for all, and that the general play (especially the pressing aspect) will improve exponentially with the fitness.

It's a hair transplant mate..looks better than rooneys,
I think he just got it styled better. His hairline is still pretty high and he's pretty young to get a hair transplant. My doctor told me to wait until I'm 30 before considering it and I have a pretty similar hairline to Eriksen's, although every doctor is different so who knows. Anyways most doctors have their patients shave their head before the procedure and his hair has been the same for awhile.

You have made some good points. He is 21 isn't he? That's very young, no doctor should operate on him that young. But he did have from the middle of may untill the end of July to get it done. The head doesn't always have to be shaved. Just a small section at the back for fue, which can easily be grown over in a couple of months. Although to grow a new hairline that quick is pretty strange. But something has been done.

A transplant? Jesus, what a load of bullcrap.:eriksenserious:
He's got the exact same hairline, just longer (and perhaps a bit darker) hair. That's what time and coloring will do to ya.
His girlfriend works at a rather fancy hairdresser, perhaps they've worked their magic on him.

I'm a bit worried about seeing Lamela taking a corner. Eriksen should take every set peice if on the pitch IMO. No exceptions.

I'll be honest: My worst fears happened when it came to Eriksens role on the weekend.

I was bitterly disappointed to see him doing water carrying and tracking back (badly). He can't nor, should he do it. Same with Lamela.

Keep them up the pitch. There is no point in playing them if not in free attacking roles. Their presence off the ball defending is a false positive. It's just going to frustrate them, give the attackers an easy ride, frustrate the defenders behind them and pull them into the mire.

You don't make a Ginola track back. You give him a platform to express himself and have some common sense when it comes to having cover behind him.

Last edited:
A transplant? Jesus, what a load of bullcrap.:eriksenserious:
He's got the exact same hairline, just longer (and perhaps a bit darker) hair. That's what time and coloring will do to ya.
His girlfriend works at a rather fancy hairdresser, perhaps they've worked their magic on him.
Brufd_Kp_Cc_AA9_Tjj_jpg_medium.jpg

Good luck to the fella. Anything that makes him smile. :eriksenlol:

I'm a bit worried about seeing Lamela taking a corner. Eriksen should take every set peice if on the pitch IMO. No exceptions.

100% agree. Saw Eriksen play for Ajax against Norwich and i was sat in the crowd admiring every set piece he took - literally every ball he took went to an Ajax player. I thought "why dont we have one of those kind of deliveries?" Now we have a player who can do it, he should be doing it every time.

Back
Top Bottom