Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen is an artist, it's players like him that make football worth watching. I'm still buzzing but then that could just be the copious amounts of ganja I smoke lol but the fact our squads massive potential looks to be FINALLY getting unlocked is fucking exciting stuff. Scousers next week is huge and them cunts are their for the taking.
Blatant 'I smoke buds' post!
:adegrin:

Anyone think Eriksen could play the deeper roll that Modric used to?

He's the worst defensive player in our side by a good margin. Doesn't like tackling and never gets stuck in. Modric had bite and was a much better tackler than his size might have indicated. Eriksen is much better off further up the field.

He's the worst defensive player in our side by a good margin. Doesn't like tackling and never gets stuck in. Modric had bite and was a much better tackler than his size might have indicated. Eriksen is much better off further up the field.

Agree! Feel like holtby would be best suited to this role one day. I tend to miss modric more than I do Bale, just for the way he could purely dominate other sides. Hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later that we have a player of such quality in the middle playing for us again. The guy could litterly boss whole games for us. Great talent!! :dawsonmean::walkercry:

Agree! Feel like holtby would be best suited to this role one day. I tend to miss modric more than I do Bale, just for the way he could purely dominate other sides. Hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later that we have a player of such quality in the middle playing for us again. The guy could litterly boss whole games for us. Great talent!! :dawsonmean::walkercry:

Agreed on Modric. Him and King are the two best footballers I've seen at the club with Bale slightly behind. I loved watching Modric play.

Hope Holtby can drop back further someday but he has a long way to go IMO. Not tactically disciplined enough and still not a consistent performer. The good news of course is that he's only 23 and has a lot more developing to do.

Anyone think Eriksen could play the deeper roll that Modric used to?

No no no no noooooooo!

Hes a liability off the ball. He needs to be in the final third as often as possible.

He's a monster player and we need his accuracy in and around the pen area.

We already have a good pass %. And IMO we are already risking ruining Holtby by putting him in the grinder too often.

Hope Holtby can drop back further someday but he has a long way to go IMO. Not tactically disciplined enough and still not a consistent performer. The good news of course is that he's only 23 and has a lot more developing to do.

He should be nowhere near a deep position. WAy too much is being asked of him. Like Eriksen, he needs to be in close proximity with the strikers and am.

These players are more VDV than Modric.

No no no no noooooooo!

Hes a liability off the ball. He needs to be in the final third as often as possible.

He's a monster player and we need his accuracy in and around the pen area.

We already have a good pass %. And IMO we are already risking ruining Holtby by putting him in the grinder too often.

I don't disagree, and feel like holtby probably is more suited to the number 10 position as of now. I just don't see him getting in the team ahead of Eriksen, who just shows more potential as well as a higher ability already. I just hope that maybe Poch can help him understand the deeper role a bit better, as I fear that the second pivot position ( next to a capoue or sandro ) maybe the only place in which he could nail down a first team spot. As JDK mentioned. He still needs to learn a bit of discipline and awareness. He does however have a lot of attributes that would make him a good choice in this area such as his; work rate, stamina, tenacity, vision, ball control and passing. A big fan of Holtby regardless and is a great player to have in the squad.

These 'get to know'-videos are, believe it or not, actually borderline worse than the 'goal of the month' videos which did the magnificantly of not showing.. yeah.. the actual goal of the month..

Back
Top Bottom