Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he has never been a brave player but this season he just not willing to risk any tackle at all,
think Jose will ask him to sign a contract then if not no more games for him

Eriksen needs to be given the ball as he rarely tackles to get it himself. We just did not have the possession to give it to him in the time he was on the pitch and he hardly touched it. Cannot see him staying and certainly cannot see Poch wanting him at his new club after his recent performances.

Eriksen deserved a chance to turn things round based upon previous seasons contributions but I do feel he’s done. I think Jose put him on today (& maybe Tuesday) to quickly determine whether he’s in or out. I think his 20 today should confirm to Jose he’s out in order that he can now concentrate on GLC.

Eriksen is done. If he doesn’t want to sign a new deal Mourinho will freeze him out. We have the squad now that we can afford to do it. If he goes in January then we’ll replace him.

Eriksen is done. If he doesn’t want to sign a new deal Mourinho will freeze him out. We have the squad now that we can afford to do it. If he goes in January then we’ll replace him.

In a way it’s quite handy for Mourinho. He has a habit of making an example of a high profile player, and Eriksen ticks all the boxes. Barring a new contract I suspect he’ll be given one or two further sub appearances before being dropped entirely.

It’s a difficult one really. Would we be happy if he gave his all whilst knowing he’d be off next summer? Or would we prefer to work with players committed to the cause? We all knew Modric was off in his last season, but he played brilliantly for us (and yeah, we got paid when he left).

I guess it’s irrelevant because Eriksen clearly can’t be bothered, but I think it’s an interesting question about utilising a talented (and hypothetically willing) but wantaway asset, or concentrating on building a team more likely to still be with us in the following season.

If that was his one chance to redeem himself then he failed. Jose won't take passengers.

Some people are saying that they expect Jose to give him another chance against Olympiacos. I am sorry but this is a game we should be looking to win to ensure qualification and to maintain momentum - no room for passengers

Essentialy, he's turned into Mesut Ozil, hasn't he.

Mesut Ozil was extremely good and one of world's best players under Mourinho's tenure at Real Madrid though.

I'm pretty sure Eriksen would flourish under Mourinho if he ends up staying, why wouldn't he? Eriksen always runs his socks off and would love to find our runners up front with trough balls, rather than under Pochettino's more static attacking play

If he ever plays for us again, watch him off the ball.

There's always been this statistic that he covers more ground than anyone else so he must be working harder. Couldn't be further from the truth, he casually jogs constantly, he's always moving, nowhere near the ball and not really doing anything.
I'm a 13st 38 year old and could cover at least as much distance as him in 90 minutes jogging about like that.

He has stats in his time at spurs that make him look like he's world class but I question a lot of them.
He's been here a long time now. When you see stats like "number of assists since Eriksen came" he's gonna be higher because real world class players like KDB haven't been here in that same period and have missed matches (because he actually gets involved)

Eriksen has had no real rival in his own team to challenge him so he's been picked almost every game he's available for.

He's had Harry Kane ahead of him, who at times seemed to score goals with his eyes shut. You only get an assist when the player you pass to scores. Hazard was passing to Morata at times.

We can survive and progress without Eriksen, I have little doubt.

The fact that no one has pushed hard to sign him at any stage of his Spurs career tells you all you need to know.

If he ever plays for us again, watch him off the ball.

There's always been this statistic that he covers more ground than anyone else so he must be working harder. Couldn't be further from the truth, he casually jogs constantly, he's always moving, nowhere near the ball and not really doing anything.
I'm a 13st 38 year old and could cover at least as much distance as him in 90 minutes jogging about like that.

He has stats in his time at spurs that make him look like he's world class but I question a lot of them.
He's been here a long time now. When you see stats like "number of assists since Eriksen came" he's gonna be higher because real world class players like KDB haven't been here in that same period and have missed matches (because he actually gets involved)

Eriksen has had no real rival in his own team to challenge him so he's been picked almost every game he's available for.

He's had Harry Kane ahead of him, who at times seemed to score goals with his eyes shut. You only get an assist when the player you pass to scores. Hazard was passing to Morata at times.

We can survive and progress without Eriksen, I have little doubt.

The fact that no one has pushed hard to sign him at any stage of his Spurs career tells you all you need to know.

Fuck me it’s like reading one of my own posts word for word. Completely agree with it all.

Fuck Eriksen another player who downed tools under poch , don’t want him in a spurs shirt ever again .

We have to be pragmatic. Almost all our players downed tools under Poch in the last few months, if we can get people like Eriksen and Toby excited and committed to Tottenham again then we can save ourselves a lot of money and focus our spending on adding quality not replacing it.

Eriksen might start against Olympiacos but Mourinho will judge him very quickly. Either his heart is with us or it isn’t. We saw yesterday that Toby, Dele, Aurier, Dier, Lucas, many players with a question mark showed they are still alive and can be trusted to work hard even if they aren’t in their best form. Give him one start and if he wastes that trust then put him out of the squad.

We have to be pragmatic. Almost all our players downed tools under Poch in the last few months, if we can get people like Eriksen and Toby excited and committed to Tottenham again then we can save ourselves a lot of money and focus our spending on adding quality not replacing it.

Eriksen might start against Olympiacos but Mourinho will judge him very quickly. Either his heart is with us or it isn’t. We saw yesterday that Toby, Dele, Aurier, Dier, Lucas, many players with a question mark showed they are still alive and can be trusted to work hard even if they aren’t in their best form. Give him one start and if he wastes that trust then put him out of the squad.

I like your positivity but I am done with him. I don’t actually think he can do it anymore even if he wanted to

Back
Top Bottom