Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He seriously needs to go. Had enough. He’s playing at less than 50%.

More angry that he’s being picked.
Part of me is genuinely starting to think Mourinho is picking him in the hope he gets injured to spite Conte.

Because there's literally no other logical reason for him to be even in the squad anymore, never mind getting minutes. It's disrespectful to the other players and the fans.

Part of me is genuinely starting to think Mourinho is picking him in the hope he gets injured to spite Conte.

Because there's literally no other logical reason for him to be even in the squad anymore, never mind getting minutes. It's disrespectful to the other players and the fans.

But if he gets injured this drags on and on and on... I don’t think I can cope anymore 😢

I remember Mourinho used Balotelli and Crespo as wingers in one game while at Inter just to send Moratti the message that he needed reinforcements. He's quite resourceful when it comes to stuff like this and I'm sure he sees that Eriksen is awful on the pitch. Not sure why he'd do it, but there is a possibility he's doing it on purpose.

When I see Eriksen on the pitch I'm sure like every Spurs fan I get pissed off at Mourinho

#metoo

I care about as much as Eriksen's performance as he does.

I'm more pissed off that he is still being picked. I hope to fuck that Ndom is just being rested because that nearly cost us the match. Dier is crap but at CB didn't do too bad when he wasn't imitating Scotty Parker sans ball.

Reminds me of Wanyama coming on at Leicester as some lame message from Poch to Levy. What the fuck do these managers see that we don't?

Baffling and risky decision to pick a guy who clearly doesn't want to be here anymore and has zero fight left in him, I think the rest of the squad won't understand it either and can't wait to see him go.

On top of that it kills the mood of the crowd even further when he comes on, people have had enough of the lad, it's over, finished, get it out of your fucking head.

Last edited:
I remember Mourinho used Balotelli and Crespo as wingers in one game while at Inter just to send Moratti the message that he needed reinforcements. He's quite resourceful when it comes to stuff like this and I'm sure he sees that Eriksen is awful on the pitch. Not sure why he'd do it, but there is a possibility he's doing it on purpose.
Depending on Jose's end goal, it might be a good thing, I suppose. It's naive for us to think we know more than 1% of what's really going on behind the scenes at any given point, and maybe Jose's playing a mind-game for noble reasons.

(By the by, it winds me up when people criticise managers, who get to assess their players behind closed doors for dozens of hours each week, for not playing certain players, assuming there must be some kind of agenda against the excluded player(s) or that they must be better than whatever dross is out on the pitch instead. It's literally impossible to know more about a player's real everyday level than their managers, coaches and teammates.)

Edit: I was maybe a bit too harsh on fans in that last bit. I do get it: even if we can't really know the truth, half of the fun is speculating, whether it be about transfers or lineups.

Last edited:
(By the by, it winds me up when people criticise managers, who get to assess their players behind closed doors for dozens of hours each week, for not playing certain players, assuming there must be some kind of agenda against the excluded player(s) or that they must be better than whatever dross is out on the pitch instead. It's literally impossible to know more about a player's real everyday level than their managers, coaches and teammates.)

Fair enough. But the other side is which is more important between the dozens of hours every week or the 90 mins of match time?

It's literally impossible to know more about a player's real everyday level than their managers, coaches and teammates.)
I would generally agree, but training isn’t the same as playing. If it were, all managers would get it right all the time - which they don’t. It’s the interaction of players that is important, and that is the discipline.

GlamorousReadyCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom