Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he becomes a fan favourite there in no time; a happy and motivated Eriksen could be a great player for Inter / in the Serie A.

Yep I agree.

He is the epitome of a player whose desire to play for us has long since gone. That deep warmth has been missing and maybe Pochettino should have seen that. Hard to say.

Eriksen is very good when committed. Not a world beater but an invaluable cog.

More importantly Conte has always liked him, is a good but demanding manager and will help Eriksen improve.

If we get 20 million and Inter have to pay that much both clubs win.

I would imagine he'll get a lot more time on the ball and will be better suited to Serie A. A bit of a kick in the nuts if he starts tearing it up from the off though given his level of performance for us.

Yes but by the same token after a few of his corners and indifferent displays will they be tolerant supporters.He avoided a lot of criticism for a long time because of his past exploits with us- he won’t have the benefit of this with Inter

Nope .....

Eriksen is worth let's say 60m -

Sign him now for 20m that gives you a book profit of 40m

Sign him for 'free' with an signing on/agents fee of 10m in June that gives you a book profit of 50m

So Inter could make 10m more in the summer, but equally he might go elsewhere and they make 40m less ... does that make sense?
At the moment Eriksen is worth -10m. He should pay a fucking club to let him play, not the other way around.

Nope .....

Eriksen is worth let's say 60m -

Sign him now for 20m that gives you a book profit of 40m

Sign him for 'free' with an signing on/agents fee of 10m in June that gives you a book profit of 50m

So Inter could make 10m more in the summer, but equally he might go elsewhere and they make 40m less ... does that make sense?

But he’s not the player he was when he was worth £60 million
Inter have to take the risk that he can recapture that form if he ever can

Yep I agree.

He is the epitome of a player whose desire to play for us has long since gone. That deep warmth has been missing and maybe Pochettino should have seen that. Hard to say.

Eriksen is very good when committed. Not a world beater but an invaluable cog.

More importantly Conte has always liked him, is a good but demanding manager and will help Eriksen improve.

If we get 20 million and Inter have to pay that much both clubs win.
Would also be very typical if he somehow wins more silverware before 2022 than Kane in the next 5 years.

Yes but by the same token after a few of his corners and indifferent displays will they be tolerant supporters.He avoided a lot of criticism for a long time because of his past exploits with us- he won’t have the benefit of this with Inter

Good point. Made the mistake of discussing Eriksen on the Spurs section of Reddit which seems to be filled with a lot of American fans and no real knowledge of life before Eriksen. One poster told me Eriksen is on the same level of prime Hazard! "Amazing" and "world class" were also used. Apparently Eriksen could've picked to go to any club in the world but chose to stay with us and we should be forever grateful.

The level of delusion knows no bounds.

Can't be that easy to rediscover something that's been missing for 18 months or so can it? Not as easy as flipping a switch and turning on the talent again...

And this regularly pulling out of tackles could cause him an injury or two

He’s a silly boy

I know it's off topic, but what are they writting about Lucas Paqueta?
Just like Ndombele for us, he has excluded himself from playing v Brescia this evening. However, looks like he has asked this because he has anxiety about the transfer window, and has been in the clinic as well. Milan play Brescia this evening.
Hope I'm right. I like to think that I can't speak italian but I can understand and read 90%-100% of it.

l
Can go very fast in football, day and night whether a very talented footballer is happy and motived or not.
Can go fast yeah, regaining it not so easy. Hope not anyway, I'd quite like it if he consciously half arsed it and then found that he couldn't just get his mojo back when he pleased.

Will be interesting to see if Eriksen's departure affects the mood/performance of the squad at all. Time will tell if this saga of EC refusing to commit to Spurs for a couple of seasons had a more profound impact upon the team's performance than we may have realised.

Just like Ndombele for us, he has excluded himself from playing v Brescia this evening. However, looks like he has asked this because he has anxiety about the transfer window, and has been in the clinic as well. Milan play Brescia this evening.
Hope I'm right. I like to think that I can't speak italian but I can understand and read 90%-100% of it.

Okay, thanks. I like him, even though he hasn't played to his potential of late, but that seems to be the case for a lot of Milan players. I guess we should sway clear if he's got some mentalt issues

Okay, thanks. I like him, even though he hasn't played to his potential of late, but that seems to be the case for a lot of Milan players. I guess we should sway clear if he's got some mentalt issues
He's good, but we have players in his position, and I read that he's homesick. So, if he's homesick in Italy, which is a latin country, I doubt he would adapt to living in England.

Do you follow Serie A? Maybe you know what went wrong with Pedro at Fiorentina? I really liked him at Fluminense, but 59 mins. played since the summer seems like his knee never recovered?
I don't follow Serie A as much as I used to, but I try to watch most games of AC, Inter, Juve and Lazio. As for Pedro, I'd guess he didn't impress Montella and Iachini that much, since he only made a few cameos, and spent the most time in the youth teams.

Back
Top Bottom