Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was walking through a local park last Sunday, lots of youth teams playing on the muddy pitches.

A boy of about 13 put in a peach of a corner, right onto the penalty spot.

How hard can it be?!
Certainly a piece of piss when the defenders are all 5’5” tall. Different story when you’ve got half a dozen big 6’3” fellas to avoid.

The best laxative in the world is coming on here and seeing this thread bumped again. Let it please stay where it belongs 'General Football'. This boat sailed months ago.

Last edited:
No thanks. Ever.

Bale had his best ever season and left to one of the biggest clubs in the world. They way he has come back is almost poetic.

Eriksen went to shit, downed tools, phoned in his performances and went to the only club that would take him to get away. No way he comes back from that for me.
He lost form for the first time in almost 7yrs!! He wanted to go and try something new, absolutely nothing wrong in a player wanting this, things can get stale for a player being at the same place for so long, he could have earned four times his wages at rival clubs during his time with us.

Despite struggling for form he continued to train, continued to act professionally and despite a loss of form came off the bench a fair few times and turned around a shite performance from the team that was selected and did enough to change the game and get his team out of shit.

Quite disgusting some of the completly false rewriting of history going on with him, whilst simultaneously worshipping at the feet of a player that didn't train when he wanted to when he was here, was all about his self-promotion and solo laps around the pitch, and follow his leaving we improved as a team and achieved far more than when he was playing for us. He downed tools to force a move out of the club, refusing to train at all. And given what we've seen in his couple of cameos so far is nothing than a washed-up has-been who would lose to a tortoise in a foot race. So far there is NOTHING poetic about his return other than the column inches and clicks it's given the club.

Do I want Eriksen back? Only if he's motivated and he/we are confident that his form can be refound, that's to say it's understood by us and the player what the issue was/is and how to address it. If we or he doesn't have a handle on it, then no, there is no point. Just like there's absolutely no point in signing Bale to a contract if he is really this shit.

Yep.
You have one of the best strikers in the world, whose movement in the box is world class and can actually head the ball with pace and accuracy
Hodgeson:
"I know, I'll make him take the corners, that will fuck up their defence"
Who had NEVER scored from a corner for Club or Country before going into that tournament (Maybe 1 can be attributed but it was 3rd phase after a corner, so I don't know if this can count or not). The likes of Cahill had scored 16 goals from Corners, Stones 2, Dier 6, Henderson 5. So, if your best Deadball taker can get the ball onto the head of one of those target players (CB's that score more than forwards during corners).

Or have not the best deadball taker take corners and attempt to aim it to a person that has never scored from a corner before.

It's madness ain't it?

Who had NEVER scored from a corner for Club or Country before going into that tournament (Maybe 1 can be attributed but it was 3rd phase after a corner, so I don't know if this can count or not). The likes of Cahill had scored 16 goals from Corners, Stones 2, Dier 6, Henderson 5. So, if your best Deadball taker can get the ball onto the head of one of those target players (CB's that score more than forwards during corners).

Or have not the best deadball taker take corners and attempt to aim it to a person that has never scored from a corner before.

It's madness ain't it?
Somebody posted on here the stats on goals from corners, which was minimal ?

Henderson stat surprises me, but yeah, CBs tend to score more from corners than any other player.
Maybe, in part, to defenders being occupied with forwards, who will drag defenders away and who can head the ball. After all nobody is going to be shitting themselves about Stirling at a corner kick, for example.

You can't tell me that out of 10 of the best players England can produce, only one can put in a decent corner.

Out of interest, any idea how many goals England scored with him taking them ?

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

Found this interesting.

ae18139e6a62a26ac7ef513dc2ca6d91-1556679264-LNQa-column-width-inline.jpg

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

Found this interesting.

ae18139e6a62a26ac7ef513dc2ca6d91-1556679264-LNQa-column-width-inline.jpg
But not ONE goal scored from a corner though (looks like they gave they one from 3rd phase of play). That's the point, isn't it? I mean of course he's scored more goals from inside the box than Dier, Cahill & Dele on account of being a redhot striker and of those other players only Steptoe was a striker who wasn't going to be playing if Kane was on the pitch.

The corner stats were obviously post Euro's so based on just a handful of corners that he took during the tournament because prior to that tournament I'm not sure he had taken one??

But not ONE goal scored from a corner though (looks like they gave they one from 3rd phase of play). That's the point, isn't it? I mean of course he's scored more goals from inside the box than Dier, Cahill & Dele on account of being a redhot striker and of those other players only Steptoe was a striker who wasn't going to be playing if Kane was on the pitch.

The corner stats were obviously post Euro's so based on just a handful of corners that he took during the tournament because prior to that tournament I'm not sure he had taken one??
If I read the article right, we didn't score one from him taking them either. Although, as you say it's from a very small sample.

I'd still prefer him to be in the middle for corners because he would occupy a top defender, he could drag that defender away leaving space for others. Also for the 2nd or 3rd phase, such as a knock down or if a defender clears it and then a cross comes in.

Only my personal preference.

If I read the article right, we didn't score one from him taking them either. Although, as you say it's from a very small sample.

I'd still prefer him to be in the middle for corners because he would occupy a top defender, he could drag that defender away leaving space for others. Also for the 2nd or 3rd phase, such as a knock down or if a defender clears it and then a cross comes in.

Only my personal preference.
Sure I get and understand all the reasons why he should be in the box and not taking them. But really at the time going into the Tornament everything pointed to the fact that it was unlikely the best striker u=in the country was going to score from a corner, it was more likely that Chill or dier would and those chances are improved by having the best deadball taker take them (I've no idea if he was the deadball taker or not, this is what we were told by England at the time but what we all know is that he's handy at pretty much everything so not going to argue against). Combined with the added knowledge that only 3% of all corners taken result in goals scored I simply don't get what all the fuss was.

I was at the time supprised at the outrage of the press and I am still surprised that it's a thing to this day. Were got beat not because of our corners but a really poorly managed/prepared England team in the form of Hodgson and an equally culpable Garry Neville, who thought they could be mini-Poch's by just selecting his players but having no idea of how to get them to actually play like Poch had Tottenham.

Odense must be the new challenge he was looking for. :llorishowudoin:

Eriksen: ‘Ask Conte why I don’t play’

Inter star Christian Eriksen tells Denmark to ask Conte why he doesn’t play and reveals where he could end his career.

The former Tottenham star took part to a Q&A session organized by the Denmark FA on Thursday and a fan asked him why he is not playing on a regular basis under Antonio Conte.

“This must be asked to the coach,” Eriksen replied.

“Call him and talk to him, because he is the one who makes decisions. Ups and downs are always there in football, there are only a few ones out there who have always highs.”

“I’ve become better at not thinking about [criticism], because everyone has an opinion.

“Especially now that I’ve moved to Italy, where everyone has an opinion. It’s about trusting those around you and not hearing the rest.”

The Denmark international reveals he could end his career at Odense where he begun his journey in football.

“I don’t rule it out. After all, we’ve also bought a house in Odense, so I think our home will be there. I might even end my career at Odense if they want me.”

Odense must be the new challenge he was looking for. :llorishowudoin:

Eriksen: ‘Ask Conte why I don’t play’

Inter star Christian Eriksen tells Denmark to ask Conte why he doesn’t play and reveals where he could end his career.

The former Tottenham star took part to a Q&A session organized by the Denmark FA on Thursday and a fan asked him why he is not playing on a regular basis under Antonio Conte.

“This must be asked to the coach,” Eriksen replied.

“Call him and talk to him, because he is the one who makes decisions. Ups and downs are always there in football, there are only a few ones out there who have always highs.”

“I’ve become better at not thinking about [criticism], because everyone has an opinion.

“Especially now that I’ve moved to Italy, where everyone has an opinion. It’s about trusting those around you and not hearing the rest.”

The Denmark international reveals he could end his career at Odense where he begun his journey in football.

“I don’t rule it out. After all, we’ve also bought a house in Odense, so I think our home will be there. I might even end my career at Odense if they want me.”
Wouldn't you love it if Odense came out with a statement that they had no plans whatsoever for signing him in the future.
:mourhandlaugh:

He'll only really start to enjoy playing again when he finally realises the game doesn't owe him anything or think that he's having a tough deal from his manager / club.
When he finally comes to the conclusion that it's up to him to show consistency in his performances, have a positive attitude and a willingness to put 100% effort into training then he might enjoy a brighter and more successful future than he has now.

Same applies to Dele. Overcome by their own hype.

Conte doesn't even consider putting him on while losing 3-2 against Real.

Can't blame Conte though, Eriksen doesn't offer anything offensively and is a defensive liability. He is weak physically, gets dispossessed too often, doesn't have the courage to make something in the final third.

Indeed, he needs to take a pay cut and go to Odense.

Back
Top Bottom