Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst deep down I think it wouldn’t work out, I think our lack of transfer activity is making me really want Eriksen back.

We probably shouldn’t though.

I certainly wouldn't want to see him as an absolute solution to recruiting any position of need, but the idea of him on a pay-for-play basis to help bulk out the squad has it's merits(*).

(*Obv. health & fitness factors still a consideration.)

This is a perfect opportunity to come back. He’ll be motivated to show the world he can play and to prep for the WC. No transfer fee, he won’t ask for ridiculous wages, and knows the club and knows what Conte wants.

If he plays for us or another club, his health will be in question, but he’s cleared by medical and is choosing to play.

It’s a low risk, high reward situation

The fact that Eriksen, a player who hasn’t played football for 7 months due to having a fucking heart attack would be an improvement on Ndombele should be more than enough to get that fat cunt out the door this season. Offer him to Newcastle for £20m.

I’d love to see that fat clogger plying his trade in the Championship next season.
Fuck me, he had a Heart Attack as well. When did that happen?

An ex-player with a heart problem is a serious option to improve our midfield. Might as well get Hoddle back as well if that's the case.

If it happens let's be honest, it's nothing more than a desperation move.

Maybe a stupid question: if the ball hits the part of his chest where his pacemaker is at a violent speed, is that going to finish him off?

Maybe a stupid question: if the ball hits the part of his chest where his pacemaker is at a violent speed, is that going to finish him off?

Absolutely not. In simple terms, the ICD is only there to “shock” him if his heart rate becomes irregular again.

So, the only way to “finish him off” is on the off-chance that on the same time 1) the ICD was damaged and stopped working, and 2) he fell in need of a shock from the ICD (which, presumably, has happened once before in his whole life).

Absolutely not. In simple terms, the ICD is only there to “shock” him if his heart rate becomes irregular again.

So, the only way to “finish him off” is on the off-chance that on the same time 1) the ICD was damaged and stopped working, and 2) he fell in need of a shock from the ICD (which, presumably, has happened once before in his whole life).
Gotcha. In that case I'd have no problems having him back.

Mad to think he was as good as dead at one point, and here he is about to play professional football once again. Takes a lot of courage to make the decision he has done so fair play to Christian for that. As a player with millions in the bank it would have been so easy for him to walk away and do as little as possible for the rest of his life.

I can’t help but feel we will watch him effortlessly slot back into football whilst we struggle to play through the middle. I don’t think he’s a long term solution but surely he improves us.

Impossible to tell if he can compete at this level again but I don't care. I would have him back at Spurs, put no pressure on him at all but give him all the support he needs to help him achieve what he wants to, getting to the World Cup in the summer.

Would be a wonderful gesture and a chance for Spurs fans to say goodbye to him properly as opposed to that absolute embarrassment most of you were in slagging him off.

I don't want to see him at another club, especially one like Brentford. I would absolutely cheer him if he played against us with Brentford though, I hope he makes it to Wolrd Cup.

Come on, let's wish him well but we've had the best 6 years of his career.

The fact we haven't replaced him doesn't mean we should go back in for him. You don't rebuy an old car you've already sold. You buy a better car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom