Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always said when Erisken is finally in an offense where our players are willing to make runs behind the defenders, he will flourish. We can only hope that Son is back soon.

We'll be seeing a lot more of those lovely through balls/crosses like the one Harry scored.

Great to see an excellent player back in form.

Exactly. Needs runners in front of him

According to danish media he's set to be offered a new contract. I have a bad feeling he wont extend
You can hardly beat Premier League contracts nowadays.

To me, he came across being clever as he joined us instead of City. He also knows what he has here - may not being able to play CL, but playing his favoured position and allowed to take all standards. The only club I could see us losing him to is Barcelona, and they've enough players with Turan and Vidal joining them.

According to danish media he's set to be offered a new contract. I have a bad feeling he wont extend

The only reason I could see him leaving is if he were offered regular first team CL football in a competitive league. I don't see us selling him to a domestic rival so that seriously limits where he might go.

This is bound to be misinterpreted, but fuck it. I love Eriksen but I also don't think we are at risk of losing him anytime soon. There just isn't a clamour of other teams actively pursuing him because he frankly isn't enough of an upgrade to many of their other midfielders they already have. He's a quality player and has been invaluable to us at times, but besides freekicks he's not going to add much more to many of the next top tier teams that they don't already have.

If he is offered a new contract, I think he accepts.

This is bound to be misinterpreted, but fuck it. I love Eriksen but I also don't think we are at risk of losing him anytime soon. There just isn't a clamour of other teams actively pursuing him because he frankly isn't enough of an upgrade to many of their other midfielders they already have. He's a quality player and has been invaluable to us at times, but besides freekicks he's not going to add much more to many of the next top tier teams that they don't already have.

If he is offered a new contract, I think he accepts.

The thing is, though, apart from free kicks, Eriksen's biggest asset is his football brain. He just sees things happen so quickly and instinctively. It's no coincidence that he's absolute crap 9 out of 10 games, when the lack of Danish strikers means that Bendtner is a certain starter every time, and that's all he has running in front of him. His teammates need to be thinking at a similar level for him to be efficient. Which is why I'm itching to have Son back to have Kane & Son making runs in front of him. And why I'm certain, Eriksen would be killing the assists stats at a top, top club. Hoping you're right and the top teams don't agree with me though.

Needs to up his game tremendously.

His debut season with us was his best, he'd get into goal scoring positions, his all round game was outstanding, he'd get involved and not shy away, funnily enough it was when we had AVB and Sherwood in charge that he was having his best football so basically two guys who didn't seem to have any sort of plan and no doubt gave Eriksen a bit more freedom.

Under Poch, he has shown glimpses of that player, he's won matches for us with his late goals etc. but overall he has never hit the heights of his debut season in my view. Sure the stats say he works a lot harder then he did that year but for me he needs to be be doing a lot more, whenever I watch Eriksen he infuriates me every single week, he will try things (which in itself isnt bad) but he just reminds me of someone who tries things because in his mind he believes he can pull it off but his ability doesn't allow him to pull it off.

He also seems to be undroppable. We've seen the likes of Lamela, Chadli and Son put on the bench but Eriksen seems to play even through his bad spells. I don't hate Eriksen, I really like him, he seems like a laid back guy who likes his football and works hard (as evident by his direct free kicks and how hard he has worked on Pochs style) but in my 100% honest view, he's the weakest out of our strongest attacking four and needs a real kick up the backside.

Needs to up his game tremendously.

He did provide the assist for the only goal, yesterday ...but anyway I kinda agree with you. His strengths are his technique, his vision and his shooting ability. His weaknesses are his lack of desire to go past a direct opponent and not applying himself in the duels to win the ball. Poch should put him on a strict training regime to address those weaknesses and change his mindset. He has the ability to go past an opponent but seemingly lacks the confidence.

he really aint all that. can't recall a game where he has taken it by the scruff of the neck and run the show. always has melted against the top sides and now teams at the other end of the table too.

poch's style is a bit detrimental to erikson.
he would be much more effective under a manager who gave him more freedom & licence to express himself.

Kane & Eriksen. Both of them need to be performing at a consistent & high level if Spurs want to crack the top4 this year. The two most important players to the Front 6 attack. Lets hope he finds his form asap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom