City banned from UCL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's odd, maybe we just don't see them so much in the West ... decent support across Asia, Africa and South America ...

When I was a regular City fans were a decent bunch, having been in Utd' s shadow for decades they were all loyal as feck. Can't blame then for enjoying success, even if it was all fake ... look at the number of incessant wankers on here going on and on and on about wanting Levy and ENIC to financially dope us. Some people have very low morals when it comes to winning.

Sheikh Mansour probably owns about 5 million City shirts. A cheeky bit of tampering with the shirts being sold etc

The thing City supporters will never admit to is that if City had been just a bit more patient in the beginning and looked to grow more sustainably over a period of 8-10 years rather than 2-3 years, they'd wouldn't have had to cook the books and they'd probably be in a similar position - competing for titles and in Europe having won multiple trophies from 2014-2019.

The entire argument that FFP doesn't let less established clubs compete is hogwash. They just can't do it overnight.

Assuming they don’t get this reversed or reduced on appeal, it will be very interesting to see if there is a mass exodus of players in the summer.
I think it’s a good bet Pep will be off if the ruling stands.
Sorry if it’s been covered already in the thread, but I read that City players might be able to walk away as City have breached the players contracts and voided them.

Assuming they don’t get this reversed or reduced on appeal, it will be very interesting to see if there is a mass exodus of players in the summer.
Sorry if it’s been covered already in the thread, but I read that City players might be able to walk away as City have breached the players contracts and voided them.
Saw them mention this on NBC earlier. Something to do with potential CL bonus payments.

I've said before, Pep's track record shows that he would have absolutely no interest in managing a club that isn't basically guaranteed trophies from day one, and especially one not in Europe. If this ban stands he'll be out of there quicker than a cheetah on crack.

I've said before, Pep's track record shows that he would have absolutely no interest in managing a club that isn't basically guaranteed trophies from day one, and especially one not in Europe. If this ban stands he'll be out of there quicker than a cheetah on crack.
He'll head to Juve for sure.

It’s a weird one.

The Sheik Mansour team is clearly a joke that has purchased trophies and deserves no praise.

UEFA have seen how problematic this is, and introduced legislation to address it. The sceptic in me sees this as an opportunity to make more dirty money, but on the face of it it’s not a bad thing to bring in.

From a City perspective, they just happen to be the money club. In a free market there’s no reason the Rothschild family don’t buy Spurs and start paying the best players in the world £1m a week.

Football needs more serious caps. A salary cap, and a cap on how much a club can spend every season. It will never happen because football is a golden goose. Presumably the only reason City are in trouble is because other mega rich clubs see themselves falling on the wrong side of this monopoly.

Just had a peek at the table, I know they say never look at the table until at least 37 games have been played but I couldn’t help it, I’m weak and cracked....but regardless of City, we ain’t catching Leicester......Chelsea next is MASSIVE.....need a Chelsea/Utd draw tomorrow too!!

The thing City supporters will never admit to is that if City had been just a bit more patient in the beginning and looked to grow more sustainably over a period of 8-10 years rather than 2-3 years, they'd wouldn't have had to cook the books and they'd probably be in a similar position - competing for titles and in Europe having won multiple trophies from 2014-2019.

The entire argument that FFP doesn't let less established clubs compete is hogwash. They just can't do it overnight.

This is a fair point. The rules will just mean you have to invest in a different way and grow slower. I suppose that is better for sustainability. Clubs will have to invest in infrastructure like stadia and training centres and gradually build themselves up over a number of years then try to get better commercial deals on the back of increased success.

Sound like anyone?

:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom