Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The people on there are so weird. They know deep down that their owners are a sordid lot and that their blood money doesn’t belong in the game, but they have suffered for so long watching Manchester United bask in glory that they just don’t care.

They can’t even sell out their own stadium for CL matches but they behave as if they are Real Madrid. All the money in the world can’t make people care about Manchester City. The Leicester lads who won the PL will be remembered with more affection than City’s mercenaries ever will.

Last edited:
Post your favourite bluemoon missives

"Please City do not pay the ridiculous £150m asking price for that Cockney donkey. We will become the laughing stock of English soccer and even the neutrals will hate us. Every team will want to beat us for their fans."

"Soccer" is the give away here.
Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

I feel a bit sorry for them to be honest.
They haven't achieved anything legitimately since 1970?, and will never have the chance to properly achieve anything ever again.

It's like the team they actually support has been taken away from them.

I know how many leagues and cups United, Woolwich, Liverpool have won, but I couldn't confidently remember what City and Chelsea have won since their buy outs because my mind just wont properly recognise and register them as achievements.

Not trying to be spiteful there either. It's not like I wanted Woolwich to win things more than City, so effectively as a neutral their 'honours' are just meaningless.

That's not the fans fault how the clubs soul got destroyed, but even they can barely muster up the energy to celebrate most their cup wins any more - so to think fans of other sides would give any respect for what they have done in the past 12? years or so is actually kinda pathetic.

I pity them, though their suddenly vocal fans that appeared over the past decade won't understand why.

No; I doubt self-sufficiency....

But like I said.... Prime motivator for them is glory, prestige and the underlying sports washing..... That the process beginning to partially pays for itself after their initial outlay is an obvious bonus though.

Also; the more they earn the more they are legitimately allowed to spend.
The goal is only to win to give them power just look at the money that the Abu Dhabi owners have invested in Manchester outside of football, this means they are more likely to get planning permission and other things on their developments. The problem is it is too easy to get away with corruption if you have enough money

"Please City do not pay the ridiculous £150m asking price for that Cockney donkey. We will become the laughing stock of English soccer and even the neutrals will hate us. Every team will want to beat us for their fans."

I'm from the States and cannot imagine what kind of prick you have to be to be an American City fan.

90 % of citeh fans have been citeh fans for less than 10 years and have never been to Manchester. I would suggest a large number of them reside in north America and the far east. Plastics the lot of them

So Juve are happy to just give him away in order to shift his wages......?

Panned out to be a really shitty deal for them didn't it:

League: 4th place last year + 2 titles they'd have probably won anyway.
CL: QF, R16, R16

= Circa £250m (inc. wages)

Back
Top Bottom