Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pool have had a great window on paper ( although their defence could be better).

Definitely shaping up to be a side we should fear. Hope they all flop though and finish 7th.

If they line up like that Benteke will score less than 10 goals. Sturridge will start for sure.
Sturridge and Benteke upfront then? Sturridge playing off of Benteke maybe? With Firmino and Coutinho on the wings and cutting in. Solid base behind them in Milner and Henderson?

Sturridge and Benteke upfront then? Sturridge playing off of Benteke maybe? With Firmino and Coutinho on the wings and cutting in. Solid base behind them in Milner and Henderson?
I know nothing about Firmino, but Coutinho on the wing would be great news, he will be much less effective there.

He floats about in a pretty free role as part of a 3 doesn't he?
Usually starting from the left. Bit like how Eriksen is always best for us on the left. So he can drift and allow himself not to be marked out of the game, often popping up to score goals.

That's what I thought, not putting in crosses from the byline anyway.
That's what they'd use Moreno and Clyne for. They'd want to line up up pretty similar to how Poch wants us to really. Solid central midfielders who work hard, wing backs providing the width and creativity behind a lone front man.

Usually starting from the left. Bit like how Eriksen is always best for us on the left. So he can drift and allow himself not to be marked out of the game, often popping up to score goals.

He scored about 5 goals last season, I don't think that is 'often'.

Can't see them playing a back three either. Can will want to play in midfield where he is a handy player. They've spent a lot of money on attackers but only signed Clyne as a defender right? They were shocking at the back last season so this is a plus if they don't sign anyone else.

Can't see them playing a back three either. Can will want to play in midfield where he is a handy player. They've spent a lot of money on attackers but only signed Clyne as a defender right? They were shocking at the back last season so this is a plus if they don't sign anyone else.
I was talking about Eriksen scoring goals. He rarely scored when playing behind the striker, in his first season with us the majority of his goals came when he started on the left, which is clearly his best position.

statswise, he had a worse season than siggurdson. Playing for the bindippers has bumped his rep up several notches, IMO.

I was talking about Eriksen scoring goals. He rarely scored when playing behind the striker, in his first season with us the majority of his goals came when he started on the left, which is clearly his best position.

Fair enough. They have a lot of options to be fair which is something we don't really have. Just hope they struggle like fuck to get it sorted and struggle again.

Fair enough. They have a lot of options to be fair which is something we don't really have. Just hope they struggle like fuck to get it sorted and struggle again.
I think they're learning from previous mistakes. In 2014 they spent £70,000,000 on 5 players from different leagues, one of which had previous league experience in Balotelli and then signed three players from the league, who know the league for a combined fee £49,000,000. They tried to integrate 6 of those new signings in the first team coming off the back of their best season in the top flight in years, not to mention they lost their greatest player in years.

This year, they've signed seven players, six of which from this country/league. Gomez, a bright youngster with potentially a big future. Milner, who adds experience and a good replacement for the ageing Gerrard. Ings, who many of us wanted to sign, hard working footballer who knows where the back of the net is, would be a good replacement for last years flop in Lambert. Clyne for £10,000,000 is a good signing, arguably the best right back in the league last season and part of the second best defensive team in the league, massive upgrade on Glen Johnson and Manquillo and of course Benteke who is an upgrade on Balotelli, Borini and pretty much everyone bar Sturridge, who's injuries still leave him a doubt.

Firmino is the one where the jury is out, but if he hits the ground running, it's a lot easier to integrate one person into the team from a different country then a load of players, like last year. Am I worried about Liverpool? No more than last season when after a few months, it was obvious they were going to be our competition for top four. I think we will still do some business and add to our young and hungry squad and I look forward to the upcoming season.

So, here's the Biggest spending clubs and trophies won by them in (counting the confirmed transfers of 15/16) :

1 - Manchester City €628.25M : 5 trophies - Premier League (2 times), FA Cup, Community Shield, League Cup

2 - Chelsea €609.85M : 5 trophies - Premier League, Champions league, Europa League, FA Cup, League Cup

3 - Manchester United €534.86M : 4 trophies - Premier League (2 times), 2 Community Shields

4 - Real Madrid €522.5M : 7 trophies - La Liga, Champions league, 2 CDRs, Supercopa de Espana, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club WC

5 - Barcelona €479M : 12 trophies - La Liga (3 times), 2 Champions leagues, 3 Supercopas de Espana, FIFA Club WC, UEFA Super Cup, 2 CDRs

6 - PSG €470.95M : 8 trophies - Ligue 1 (3 times), 2 Coupe de La Ligue, 2 Trophée des champions, Coupe de France

7 - Liverpool €437.94M : 1 trophy - League Cup (sorry)

8 - Juventus €400.83M : 6 trophies - Serie A (4 times), Supercoppa, Coppa Italia

I went and watched them play versus Adelaide United last night. Milner will be a good pick up (best on the pitch) and I know it was just a friendly (and more like a training run for them) but they look thin at the back? they get a couple of injuries and they'll leak goals..

Back
Top Bottom