Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are the 4 or 5 clubs who can derail Liverpool. They are as good as any team in Europe at the moment and I doubt that anyone from Bayern to Real hopes to get them in the Champions League, if it ever takes place this season

Who are the 4 or 5 clubs who can derail Liverpool. They are as good as any team in Europe at the moment and I doubt that anyone from Bayern to Real hopes to get them in the Champions League, if it ever takes place this season

Asthma could derail them, bless 'em.

Last edited:
Liverpool are nearing that point where every game they start they are a goal up. It happens. It is their moment and the only question is how long it lasts.

Everything is going their way and nothing other than a lack of desire or a spate of injuries is going to derail them in the league.

In Europe it is more difficult because as good as they are in a relatively poor Premier League in terms of standards there are 4 or 5 European clubs who can derail them.
They can play at 70% this season & still win the title. CL is a different matter, it just takes 1 bad performance & you find yourself knocked out. Klopp has got very lucky with his timing. No strong competition in the weak premiership. 1 team league now like france, Italy & germany.

They are formidable.

but If these cunts ever got any real injuries to key players for any length of time then I feel they will really struggle as they are a well oiled machine that would fall out of sync really easily.
Their squad players really aren't all that

Also be nice to see a decision go against them from our friends at VAR as I can't remember the last one and it seems like Klopp has put the fear in the referees association and has influence over them in ways reminiscent of Fergie.
Plus their fan base is very vocal and puts pressure on in their own ways.

If they carry on without any injuries I can sadly see them cantering to another easy PL title, They are more beatable in a two legged CL tie but must be one of the favourites if not the out and out favourites.

They are due some big lengthy injuries and some decisions going against them, if that happens they might be vulnerable.

They can play at 70% this season & still win the title. CL is a different matter, it just takes 1 bad performance & you find yourself knocked out. Klopp has got very lucky with his timing. No strong competition in the weak premiership. 1 team league now like france, Italy & germany.

100%.

Only City can change it short term or that spate of injuries that can always occur.

I would tend to step away from appearance in general. The definition on players will vary before and after post workout on bodies with fat percentages around 4% mark, the difference is quite staggering. Also given the nature of playing for 90mins a big muscular physique is not conducive to aerobic performance. Both of them are however incredibly vein and put a lot of effort into their media profiles which are helped by looking ripped.

Isnt 4% bodyfat whilst being incredibly lean and keeping muscle mass borderline impossible without 'help'?

Isnt 4% bodyfat whilst being incredibly lean and keeping muscle mass borderline impossible without 'help'?
I'm really referring to what a body with a very low body fat percentage looks like before and after workout. It's staggering the transformation of appearance from pre to post-workout. Veins and muscles are more engorged and with almost zero fat they are so much more visible. (The extreme end of this, going solely on appearance is bodybuilders who fast before a competition with the sole aim of reducing body fat and the workout just before they go on stage, therefore, emphasising the appearance of their muscles etc.).

The pro-cyclist Poljanski took this shot after the final stage of the Tour de France. The following day he took a picture from his sun lounger recovering........

polianski-1.jpg

Now they all could be EPO'd up to their eyeballs for all we know but with 100% certainty, their physical appearance doesn't in any way indicate artificial/illegal performance enhancement. If there was any claim in athletes appearance proving they've been doping do you not think that it would be part of the doping tests that are carried out?

I'm really referring to what a body with a very low body fat percentage looks like before and after workout. It's staggering the transformation of appearance from pre to post-workout. Veins and muscles are more engorged and with almost zero fat they are so much more visible. (The extreme end of this, going solely on appearance is bodybuilders who fast before a competition with the sole aim of reducing body fat and the workout just before they go on stage, therefore, emphasising the appearance of their muscles etc.).

The pro-cyclist Poljanski took this shot after the final stage of the Tour de France. The following day he took a picture from his sun lounger recovering........

polianski-1.jpg

Now they all could be EPO'd up to their eyeballs for all we know but with 100% certainty, their physical appearance doesn't in any way indicate artificial/illegal performance enhancement. If there was any claim in athletes appearance proving they've been doping do you not think that it would be part of the doping tests that are carried out?

There are plenty of 'signs' in appearance when someone is taking some form of illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Extreme progress in a short period of time. People who can stay very muscular at very low bodyfat for a very long period of time or progress whilst staying very lean and people who develop features that are clearly unnatural, mostly in the traps and delts. But this is veering into steroids etc.

Obviously the human body is a crazy thing and genetics play a huge part so I imagine appearance is something they can't simply use as a way of testing.

I assume your post was in reference to Bale, Ronaldo etc. physique WHILST training and how they look more vascular, pumped etc. and then their physique when they're just resting at home etc. - most the sort of gear these top athletes are on are going to be performance enhancing which is mostly for cardiovascular and recovery aid.

There are plenty of 'signs' in appearance when someone is taking some form of illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Extreme progress in a short period of time. People who can stay very muscular at very low bodyfat for a very long period of time or progress whilst staying very lean and people who develop features that are clearly unnatural, mostly in the traps and delts. But this is veering into steroids etc.

Obviously the human body is a crazy thing and genetics play a huge part so I imagine appearance is something they can't simply use as a way of testing.

I assume your post was in reference to Bale, Ronaldo etc. physique WHILST training and how they look more vascular, pumped etc. and then their physique when they're just resting at home etc. - most the sort of gear these top athletes are on are going to be performance enhancing which is mostly for cardiovascular and recovery aid.
Yes, 100% you can spot abnormalities but these are in non-aerobic sports.

And the nail on the head is in an aerobic sport the performance advantages is in the delivery of highly oxygenated blood to the muscles. This is where the performance gain is, this is where the cheating is done, not in the size of the muscle and what it looks like in pictures. Especially those which have been posted as some form of evidence as they prove nothing other than that's what an elite athlete's body looks like during or just after a workout.

They all could be taking performance-enhancing substances but it's in the delivery of oxygenated blood is where the cheating is and this simply doesn't show up in what a body looks like.

You read interviews with people like Henry cavill hugh jackman and Chris Hemsworth...they talk about how for the shirtless scenes when they want to appear really cut with veins popping etc, they dehydrate for a couple of days , which gives them mahoosive headaches, by all account

Anything below 5% bodyfat is possible, but considered unhealthy, apparently

You read interviews with people like Henry cavill hugh jackman and Chris Hemsworth...they talk about how for the shirtless scenes when they want to appear really cut with veins popping etc, they dehydrate for a couple of days , which gives them mahoosive headaches, by all account

Anything below 5% bodyfat is possible, but considered unhealthy, apparently

You've named 3 people who have all taken steroids though. Which is proven to aid you in being at a low bodyfat percentage whilst maintaining aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom