Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is why with the sums of money it astonishes me how idiotic people are in football, from top to bottom

It's one big game of poker, all Sterling had to do was exactly what Suarez did to a lesser level, try your guts out, tears on the pitch when they failed and say absolutely nothing, Then a couple of bids may have come in this summer....

Instead those daft cunts have talked themselves out of potentially millions and people like Wenger don't need this hassle in their squad

Would love a job on the commercial side in this industry

To be fair he's had to play upfront on he's own this season which isn't he's best role to play and not a natural finisher.
Got a feeling he's hoping to get a move to Woolwich so he'll be even more of a cunt.

To be fair he's had to play upfront on he's own this season which isn't he's best role to play and not a natural finisher.
Got a feeling he's hoping to get a move to Woolwich so he'll be even more of a cunt.

They've already got two players in his position though.

Yeah scum have got Sanchez, Gnabry, Walcott, Chamberlain, Welbeck etc.

City will probably go for him. Him and Aguero leading a counter attack...

That wont be too hard joining them! pricks

How many players have had 3 clubs before they're 21? All of the moves "permanent" and all for more $$$$?

The human sperm is clearly another little trouble-making thicko with an agent on the make, but loving the aggro he is causing margarine-face Rodgers and Victimpool. For that, I retain a modicum of affection.

1. The dippers HAVE tried to bully him into signing a new contract.
2. He is a London boy (totally different from Kane's situation here)
3. Liverpool is a shithole.

:)

It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works

Jacob Steinberg

STERLING SLIDES

As we all know, Liverpool Football Club is special. Different. Classy. Unique. Special. Unique. Classy. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Unique. Clubby. Clubbish. Clubesque. Special. Unique. Increasingly irrelevant. Over the hill. Past-it. Yesterday’s news. Special. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Special. Special. Unique. Liverpool Football Club are special. And unique. And special. And classy. They’re special and specially unique and uniquely specially and specially special and uniquely classy and they have a different way of doing things, you wouldn’t understand, you just wouldn’t, because you’re not special, or classy, or unique, you’re not Liverpool Football Club, and you wouldn’t understand, so don’t even bother, just accept it, they’re the best football team in the tra-la-la-la land.

Liverpool Football Club’s specialness and uniqueness and classiness naturally places them in a position to pat lesser clubs on the head and let them know of their place in the food chain. Clubs, say, like Southampton, who were browbeaten into selling Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to mighty Liverpool last summer. “They have a choice as a club,” Liverpool’s head guru, Brendan Rodgers, roared last August. “They don’t have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a [Big Cup] club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. There might be one or two others who leave. It’s just the way it works.” It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works.

Words to live by. Poetry in motion that comes to mind now that Raheem Sterling is busy letting Liverpool know that the way it works is that he would like to leave in the summer, maybe join a bigger club, play for a team who actually have a chance of winning something in the near future, that there’s only so many times he can hear about the Miraculous Miracle of Istanbul before he’s forced to go all Van Gogh on his ears.

Treason! Naturally Sterling’s desire to play for a good team has been met with fury and The Fiver assumes he has spent the day locked in Melwood’s Re-education Chamber, a crack team of Phil Thompson, John Bishop and John Aldridge taking it in turns to hammer home the uniqueness and specialness and classiness of Liverpool Football Club, making sure Sterling knows that he will forever walk alone if he joins Manchester City, a terrifying prospect indeed. It’s just the way it works.

I am no lover of Liverpool and do not blame a player for wanting to earn as much as he can

But this situation just about sums up everything that is wrong with football and why I am beginning to lose interest in the sport. Sterling is young, has shown glimpses of potential, but was too tired to play for his country and was even given a mid season break by Liverpool

Despite this he has turned down 100 grand a week and wants away. From where I am sitting it just smacks of a greedy little over rated player and his agent out to get what they can

It used to wind me up but my sky subscription has gone, as I no longer want to help subsidise these overpaid, pampered and vastly over rated players or pay to hear the views of ex Liverpool and Woolwich players or bitter little shits in skinny suits who's dad got the elbow at spurs because he could not keep his gob shut.

In all I am sick of the premier league, its just a cash cow for those involved that creates myths about individuals and teams to help the stupid pay their subscriptions, the league table is just a top to down list of who has the most money and worst of all the league has sent our national team backwards, when it was created to help the national team!

When England fail again these same sky pundits will question why and then remember who pays their huge salaries to spout the obvious, play down cheating and show bias towards their old clubs come august

Gary Neville is the one exception to the above. Brilliant commentator, great analysis and not a hint of bias.

I am no lover of Liverpool and do not blame a player for wanting to earn as much as he can

But this situation just about sums up everything that is wrong with football and why I am beginning to lose interest in the sport. Sterling is young, has shown glimpses of potential, but was too tired to play for his country and was even given a mid season break by Liverpool

Despite this he has turned down 100 grand a week and wants away. From where I am sitting it just smacks of a greedy little over rated player and his agent out to get what they can

It used to wind me up but my sky subscription has gone, as I no longer want to help subsidise these overpaid, pampered and vastly over rated players or pay to hear the views of ex Liverpool and Woolwich players or bitter little shits in skinny suits who's dad got the elbow at spurs because he could not keep his gob shut.

In all I am sick of the premier league, its just a cash cow for those involved that creates myths about individuals and teams to help the stupid pay their subscriptions, the league table is just a top to down list of who has the most money and worst of all the league has sent our national team backwards, when it was created to help the national team!

When England fail again these same sky pundits will question why and then remember who pays their huge salaries to spout the obvious, play down cheating and show bias towards their old clubs come august

Gary Neville is the one exception to the above. Brilliant commentator, great analysis and not a hint of bias.

You can say it's just about money - but if his options are £100k pw at Liverpool and not challenging for the league or £150 - £200k pw at City and challenging for the league then it's not a difficult decision............why would a Jamaican born former QPR youth team player have any loyalties to Liverpool?

I agree, but thats the problem with footballers today, most have no loyalty. They go where the money is and that is to the detriment of the league and our national sport

I dont blame any player, I would do the same but its the football industry that has allowed this position to manifest itself

To me this just screams of an agent who knows his player isn't all that special but is angling for the big pay day whilst they still can.

Moreover if you, personally, were offered a payrise by a rival firm on triple the money, a job which also gives you the opportunity for a major legacy (awards or whatever are relevant to you), would you turn it down based on loyalty to the company you work for now?

all true, but he's in an enviable position where he doesn;t need to worry about money and could be a part of something if he and his team mates develop into a successful team that wins things - a proper legacy - rather than parachute into an already successful outfit pick up a couple of trophies and then lose interest (Yaya Toure) or not play often (Nasri), and be accused of simply being a mercenary, and part of a plastic club.

People always moan about loyalty, but it's not like fans are loyal to players.

As soon as something better comes or they dip in form the axe comes out. You can't have your cake and eat it, you can't just expect loyalty from good players and completely discard the others

People always moan about loyalty, but it's not like fans are loyal to players.

As soon as something better comes or they dip in form the axe comes out. You can't have your cake and eat it, you can't just expect loyalty from good players and completely discard the others

Yeh shit players get thrown away without concern. Take Townsend a Spurs boy who loves the club but if he ain't good enough he will be sold, that's just the way it is, the only loyalty in football is the fan to the club with the exception of a few players.

Back
Top Bottom