Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

trgnuZs.gif

Don’t think Marcelino would be that terrible there. He’s no Mourinho, but he’s no Big Sam either.

I think Viera will get it. And I’ll laugh like fuck if he does.

I genuinely believe that their board is stuck with Ljunberg, not because that they're happy with him, but because no competent manager is accepting to get that suicidal job. Lovely times are coming, trust me, they will fall further and further behind. Won't be surprised if they are the next Newcastle/Blackburn/Sunderland.

Last night on Sunday night (US) football they discussed how Kronenke is focused on the new stadium for the LA Rams. Hope he won't care to think about Gooners for quite some time.

West Ham vs Woolwich on Monday Night Football: Are the Gunners in a relegation scrap?
Watch West Ham vs Woolwich on Monday Night Football from 7pm on Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event; Kick-off 8.00pm
Last Updated: 09/12/19 12:30pm

West Ham vs Woolwich is live on Monday Night Football
Woolwich face West Ham on Monday Night Football - could the Gunners be dragged into a relegation battle if they lose? Are they in one already?
Although Woolwich are 11th in the Premier League table, the Gunners are just four points above the relegation zone.

Thursday's dire 2-1 home defeat to Brighton marked Woolwich's worst winless run since 1977, only Norwich (10) have conceded the first goal in more Premier League games this season than Woolwich (9).

The facts around Woolwich's form are stark - and underline just why their proximity to the relegation zone has become so worrying.
They have already faced 52 shots on target in league home games - compared to the Invincibles season in 2003-04, when they allowed just 48 opposition shots on target at home.

Their last victory was on October 24 against the spirited but limited Portuguese side Vitoria Guimaraes - and only then via two late Nicolas Pepe free-kicks. Their last clean sheet came eleven games ago (against Bournemouth on October 6) and they have equalled their lowest points tally after 15 matches of a Premier League season (set in 1994-95).
That season they finished eight points above the relegation zone, this season they lie four points above 18th-placed Southampton. More troubling than numerous statistics of their decline, however, are the performances: drab, weak, ineffective, passive, decrepit.
Fixtures against Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea in their next six league games wouldn't hold as much fear if they hadn't been comprehensively outplayed by Brighton on their own patch, lucky to escape with a point against Southampton and unable to beat the other two sides currently set to go down.
Admittedly, if they beat West Ham, they will be one point off local rivals Tottenham in seventh and two points off Manchester United in fifth due to the congested mid-table standings, but on recent history a victory at the London Stadium looks unlikely.
They are as close to the top four as they are to bottom side Watford. Relegation, as far-fetched as it sounds, is probably as likely as a Champions League place this season.
Are they in a relegation scrap? Fuck I hope not because they are a single fucking point behind us🤔

Back
Top Bottom